AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta

+7
Kevin
emgmod
Evillions
Neil
Blakeway4
will
SmartbyLaw
11 posters

Go down

Should Lorenta's application be approved?

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Vote_lcap31%Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Vote_lcap69%Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 9 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Empty Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta

Post by SmartbyLaw 3rd October 2011, 01:37

Applications for the United Republic of Lorenta
to
join the Alliance of Independent Nations.

Flag:

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Lorentaflag

National Coat of Arms:

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Coa10

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Politicallorentav2r

National Factfile:
Nation Name (Longest Official From): United Republic of Lorenta
Nation Name (Native): Lorenta
National Anthem: God Bless the United Republic
National Motto: Peace for Life

Capital: Damiena
Government: Representative Democracy
Head(s) of State:
- President: Richard Moore
- Vice President: Charles Ross
Official Language(s): English & French
Population: 16,ooo,ooo (million)
Area: 8,000 sq mi
Climate: Temperate (south end) - Cold (north end)
GDP ($ - Per capita): 656,000,000,000 ($41,000)
HDI. 0.912
Drives on the: Right
Telephone Code: 15
Internet TLD: .url

History:

Discovery:
In 1524, French Explorer, Giovanni de Verrazano explored parts of present day Nova Scotia in hopes of finding the "Northwest Passage". There he found a massive island that will become the United Republic of Lorenta. He claimed the land for France and kept on sailing.

Colonization:
In 1534, a French Explorer, Jacques Cartier sailed back to where Verrazano and Cartier had discovered the massive island. He had two missions. One, to explorer the area more for the Northwest Passage, and two to successfully deliver 2 ships of people wanting to colonize the new island. When they reached the present day island of Newfoundland he set the ships south and continued his journey. Upon arrival the colonists set up camp, at what is now the city of Redeana. They people, both French and British set up a new colony and began there new lives in the New World.

A New Nation:
Around 1600, the town of Redeana grew to almost 10,000 people. Business was booming and people loved being free. In 1605, a ship arrived and a message was delivered to the people of the island. It stated that France and Britain were fighting over the island back in Europe and that the people needed to stand up for themselves. The people of Redeana meet and discussed possible solutions and one was unanimously voted for. Independence from both countries. Later that day the elected representatives set sail for Britian and France. They delivered their speech to both countries. The countries agreed because they had better things to do, such as more exploring. When the representatives returned the people where happy and life continued with one difference. A new country had been born.

The Ceanda Dispute:
In 1607, around 2 years after the nation had been born the people decided that they needed a constitution and laws to abide by. The people then appointed representatives to then decide on what they needed and how to set up the government. The people on the east side of the island disagreed completely with the people on the west side. They believe that one person should have the most power with several "advising groups" under the head. The people on the west side believe that the people should hold the power and that the government be setup into 3 divisions of government. The leaders fought and fought for months and then one day, the people from the east side didn't show up. People where puzzled and didn't know what was going on. After the west side had set up a government, they got a letter. Inside there was, a declaration of independence, a new map with boundaries. And a very verbal letter from the new "president" of the, what they called, Federal Republic of Ceanda. People where furious and wanted to take the land back. The president of Lorenta however, decided otherwise. His most famous quote, "We need not to fight them. They have their opinions, we have ours. Lets build this country to the most glorious it can be."

Unity Once Again - Or Not:
Around the turn of the 18th Century (the 1700s) the people of Lorenta and Ceanda grew loving of one another. The people of Ceanda wanted back in to form a new government because there government didn't work. But sadly before they could get there, they had people step in. The "government" of Ceanda said no and turned there back on Lorenta. They built a wall at the border that you couldn't get through unless you went into the water. The government of Ceanda then "brainwashed" the people into making them hate Lorenta once again and several fights almost turned into a war.

From 1750s to 1850s:
This is when the people of Lorenta really discovered themselves. People began to open businesses, use currency rather than trading and began to be more involved into politics. Everyone lived a good life and prospered in this time.

From 1860s to 1900s:
The industrialization of the country began. People all over started to practice new ways to do business and once again, the country grew. Everyone was happen, partially because everyone had money.

From 1900s to PRESENT DAY:
Many things happened during this time. The big economic bust, the new revival of the country. The switch to the dollar. The new commercialization of the country.

The economic bust was bad. People where laid off right and life. The trading virtually stopped, the people lost money. People lost there houses, the worst economic depression in the countries history.

Then in the year of 1961, the depression had moved one. Commercial companies began to take interest in the country. People began getting jobs and the education and health of the country began to improve.

In 1970, people of Lorenta started using the US Dollar. People new it was gaining strength and they wanted to benefit it. The official circulation of the money started on January 5th, 1970.

Pictures:

Damiena: Capital of Lorenta

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Damienamar3019131709020

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Damienamar1619131709018

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Damienafeb1119131709015

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Damienaapr9191317090238

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Damienaapr8191317090218

Misena:

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Misenasep13031317590715

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Misenasep6031317590696

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Misenamar5041317605414

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Misenaaug21031317590644

TEASER:
Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Northwillowdaleapr16071

=============================

First of all, thanks to everyone who I know. I am back! And I hope this time I will be assigned as full member :d I hope you guys think I've improved and I really am glad to be back. I hope to be an asset to this union and to help make it great (even more than it already is Cheeky/Razz).

Thank you,

SBL/CJ/Caleb

UPDATED

Last edited by SmartbyLaw on 3rd October 2011, 02:44; edited 2 times in total
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta

Post by will 3rd October 2011, 01:53

Hmmm... well I'd make the capital dot bigger and it seems a bit too high for Canada or else i'd like to see some suburbs... actually I'd like to see about anything besides Buildings which I'd never actually go up in (as in 5 floors or less). The skyscrapers are good but i'd do something besides them :\

Good luck anyway,
Will

P.S. I'm usually not so critical Cheeky/Razz
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | United Republic of Lorenta

Post by Blakeway4 3rd October 2011, 01:57

"it seems a bit too high for Canada" - Will

What 'ya talkin' 'bout yo? Cheeky/Razz

Agree about that it shouldn't have that much skyscrapers but the high isn't bad. Wink Just need to have more medium tall buildings Smile
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 3rd October 2011, 01:59

EXPLANATION: Everyone isn't in Canada because they are here, in Lorenta Laugh
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by will 3rd October 2011, 02:11

As in skyscrapers Cheeky/Razz

And I'm talking about Canada, because it's right next door and should be very similar Cheeky/Razz
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 3rd October 2011, 02:26

COLOR CODING:

Green means you have completed this to a good standard and no improvements are required to progress
Orange means you have completed this to a reasonable standard but this will need to be improved on if you become an associate member. (in other words, this must turn green before applying for member state)
Red means this has been completed to a poor standard and will need to be improved before your application can progress
Bolded black means that this has not been included in your application and therefore you will need to provide evidence before your application can progress. In the secondary list, you will only have to provide evidence if you have not provided four other greens/oranges.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - All must be green

A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style

A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation

The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

SUPPLEMENTARY REQUIREMENTS - At least 4 must be green

A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)

Custom Trees
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

COMMENTS:

Nice to see you back Caleb. Only got talking to you recently and you are a pretty dead on guy. Your new nation has a good basis and I hope this will grow from you updating the wiki and contributing to your CJ.

You have fell victim to a pet hate of mine, which is white bits on a COA, I can sort this for you with your permission. Other than that you will have ticked the essential requirements and your 4 supplementary ones.

As for points of improvement, i would suggest that you tone down with the skyscrapers in other cities and show us a bit more medium density commercial/industrial areas and of course lovely North American suburbs! The other thing i would suggest would be a transport map and smooth curves for your railways (to achieve higher speeds of trains). Oh and finally, SEAWALLS, SEAWALLS, SEAWALLS (I love them and so does everyone else!)

Last edited by Neil on 3rd October 2011, 02:47; edited 1 time in total
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd October 2011, 02:32

"In addition to this you have fell victim to a pet hate of mine, which is white bits on a COA, I can sort this for you with your permission." LOL my fault on that Cheeky/Razz
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 3rd October 2011, 02:41

Not bad. Smile

Just show some images of suburbs.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 3rd October 2011, 02:46

Updated Laugh
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 3rd October 2011, 02:48

SmartbyLaw wrote:Updated Laugh

And so the checklist is as well, ill do the CoA tomorrow and voting will open soon after...
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 3rd October 2011, 09:16

This may be nitpicking, but large train terminals usually don't face a lake. They face other landmasses because construction in that direction is cheaper. Cheeky/Razz

Other than nitpicking on transportation, it's a very nice application.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 3rd October 2011, 13:08

Looking pretty good. Seawall, suburbs and I think we're all set Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 3rd October 2011, 14:26

I cant reveal everything in an application. Wheres the fun in that???
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 3rd October 2011, 21:21

SmartbyLaw wrote:I cant reveal everything in an application. Wheres the fun in that???

You are supposed to, I want to see what you are capable of. If you only build high-rise cities, then its a boring concrete jungle. :/
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 3rd October 2011, 22:02

Application updated, poll posted
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 4th October 2011, 01:14

Yes !
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 4th October 2011, 02:53

Yes! (I hope it's okay that I do, since I still not officially approved, but I think I have the right number of votes)
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 4th October 2011, 03:44

Yes, but with improvement.

- I need to see a few more unique images from you, especially a couple of suburbs.
- No blank spaces between buildings, at least use a eye-candy filler for those spaces or adjust your city planning.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 4th October 2011, 09:49

Voted YES
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 4th October 2011, 14:09

I Cancelled my vote. And re voted for Associate member.

It is my right to have an opinion on an application, I don't appreciate having that right challenged on the skype chats, however seeing as you have taken such offence to it i've changed my vote. I believe that you have potential to be a great Member, but in my opinion i don't think your ready. As everyone already has pointed out a lot of little things that could be improved. Its all stuff that comes with time and education. take the time to go back through previous approved applications and CJ posts to see how everyone else does things I believe you could learn a lot. And finally don't RUSH it.... It took me over a yr to get to a Member State. Take your time. and be humble, people will notice you more when you are humble. No one likes being told how great you are by you.
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 4th October 2011, 14:15

It was fairly close between Associate Member and Member State for a period there, but I think the votes for Associate Member have taken a clear lead.

The United Republic of Lorenta is now an ASSOCIATE MEMBER OF THE AIN

Congratulations and welcome to the AIN!

Your City Journal forum will appear HERE shortly...

Smile
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th October 2011, 18:50

Well I didn't get to vote...
But welcome to the AIN. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 4th October 2011, 22:41

Congrats SBL; welcome back! Laugh
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 5th October 2011, 02:55

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Hopefully this time I won't have to leave Cheeky/Razz Life... Cheeky/Razz
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down