AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic

+8
MiguelLeal
Evillions
JJ
Blakeway4
SmartbyLaw
Thomas
hiigarar
A. Gates
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should the New York State's application be approved?

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Vote_lcap18%Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Vote_lcap82%Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Empty Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic

Post by A. Gates 8th July 2011, 19:45

Application for New York State to join the Alliance of Independent Nations

National Flag:

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic 800px-Flag_of_New_York.svg

National Coat of Arms:

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic 383px-Seal_of_New_York.svg

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic 286px-Map_of_USA_NY.svg

National FactFile:

Nation Name (Longest Official Form): Repubic of Westfield
Nation Name (Native Form): Westfield Republic
National Anthem: ...
National Motto: The Jewel of the West

Capital: Westfield
Government: Democraty Republic
Head(s) of State:
-President IAM
-Gouvernemant

Offical Language(s):
-English (33%)
-French (33%)
-German (33%)

Population: 19 541 453 hab.
Area: 141 205 km2
Climate: Tempered
GDP ($ - Per Capita): 75.000.000$
HDI: 0.953
Drives on the: right
Internet TLD: .com
Telephone Code: +00

History:

New York is a state in the Northeastern region of the United States. It is the nation's third most populous state. New York is bordered by New Jersey and Pennsylvania to the south, and by Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont to the east. The state has a maritime border with Rhode Island east of Long Island, as well as an international border with the Canadian provinces of Ontario to the north and west, and Quebec to the north. New York is often referred to as New York State to distinguish it from New York City.

New York City, with a population of over 8,000,000 people, is the most populous city in the United States. It is known for its status as a financial, cultural, transportation, and manufacturing center, and for its history as a gateway for immigration to the United States. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, it is also a destination of choice for many foreign visitors. Both state and city were named for the 17th century Duke of York, James Stuart, future James II and VII of England and Scotland.

New York was inhabited by the Algonquian, Iroquois, and Lenape Native American groups at the time Dutch settlers moved into the region in the early 17th century. In 1609, the region was first claimed by Henry Hudson for the Dutch. Fort Nassau was built near the site of the present-day capital of Albany in 1614. The Dutch soon also settled New Amsterdam and parts of the Hudson River Valley, establishing the colony of New Netherland. The British took over the colony by annexation in 1664.

The borders of the British colony, the Province of New York, were roughly similar to those of the present-day state. About one third of all the battles of the Revolutionary War took place in New York. New York became an independent state on July 9, 1776, and enacted its constitution in 1777. The state ratified the United States Constitution on July 26, 1788 to become the eleventh member of the United States.

The New York State lived the United States in 2011 to join the AIN.

Srceenshots:

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0000

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0000w

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0004wy

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0005pg

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0019ey

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0013ew

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0009qh

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0012at

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0020bh

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0004pt

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0012%20copie

Last edited by IAM on 9th July 2011, 12:47; edited 7 times in total
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic

Post by hiigarar 8th July 2011, 19:52

Sorry need to post this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvXeUqlfxhY

NY state IRL ? Your city is New York or is it another city like new york? Is it based in New York State location or is it in another part of New England?

And i love it.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic

Post by Thomas 8th July 2011, 19:53

COLOR CODING:

Green means you have completed this to a good standard and no improvements are required to progress
Orange means you have completed this to a reasonable standard but this will need to be improved on if you become an associate member. (in other words, this must turn green before applying for member state)
Red means this has been completed to a poor standard and will need to be improved before your application can progress
Bolded black means that this has not been included in your application and therefore you will need to provide evidence before your application can progress. In the secondary list, you will only have to provide evidence if you have not provided four other greens/oranges.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - All must be green

A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style

A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

SUPPLEMENTARY REQUIREMENTS - At least 4 must be green

A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

COMMENTS:

I like it as an associate application. All you need to do is clarify your location with a map, and add some form of history, which I'm sure our members would be willing to help with. Once that is done, this application can go to voting. I look forward to you joining! Smile

Last edited by Thomas on 12th July 2011, 19:45; edited 2 times in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Gates 8th July 2011, 19:55

It's in Simland, the problem is Simland is not a nation of AIN yet.

Yes, it's NY, but not the real one, Imodified it a little, I must to found another name for Simland, so with Westmere an Bloomfield, I made Westfield.
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 8th July 2011, 19:57

Are you applying Westfield as a member state of AIN? Is it your nation?
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Gates 8th July 2011, 19:58

Yes
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 8th July 2011, 20:03

A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation.

Location New York State, you are a city state or a region?

A type of government that again matches your CJ style

City State or a Republic State? Or any other?

A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation

Do you have a history in french that you can translate using Translator?
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th July 2011, 20:09

Voting hasn't been opened. Until the history is ready, and a map provided, it's not opened. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Gates 8th July 2011, 20:14

Updated
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 8th July 2011, 20:15

From me big Oui and Yes as membership
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Gates 8th July 2011, 20:18

Thank you Wink
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th July 2011, 20:20

Voting is now open. Although I think the name New York State needs changing, personally.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 8th July 2011, 20:22

I think too. But well we have states like Lower Columbia. So maybe the first choise of the name?
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Gates 8th July 2011, 20:23

Westfield State, also ?
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 8th July 2011, 20:25

Well you can use the name of Westfield Republic? Maybe?
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Gates 8th July 2011, 20:25

Yes
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 8th July 2011, 22:19

Welcome to the AIN! Im also a new member (joined last night?) and I know how the process can be. First of all, I love the pictures and all of that but, the NationalFact file needs some tweaking. Such as the GDP, $75,000 is a bit high.. mine is $41,000 and thats pretty high also. I suggest you take maybe move it down and make it more realistic (if you need help pm me Smile ) Also the location of your country isn't realistic. I would suggest either moving to an ocean (Pacific doesn't have much people , Atlantic is crowded ) or maybe creating a smaller region. But overall you have a yes from me Smile
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 8th July 2011, 23:16

Smart, well i believe that the location is good for the nation. GDP is of New York so its realistic. So well i think all is good. I love how unique the nation of Westfield is being even based on New York.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 9th July 2011, 00:59

I'm kinda divided with the location... having only 1 state? What about taking New England with it? Then it might be Okay... but still very close to my limit of acceptation.

Sur Simland, la ville de New Amsterdam est une copie modifiée de New York. Est-ce toi le créateur?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 9th July 2011, 00:59

if you say Westfield Republic is located in Upstate New York or maybe out on Long Island or something... I'll Just love it... it is fabulous though.. Lovely Pics!!
Welcome to AIN!!
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 9th July 2011, 07:04

Hell yea! :cheers:

I really like this!
The thing is, the counties would be states, you would pretty much need to make government buildings so that it can handle at a federal level and everything else.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 9th July 2011, 10:00

I like it very because you put together and you make a very nice combination of Maxis and custom content. And also, your CJ matches with North American cities. Although I find your HDI unrealistic, your HDI should be more or less 0.910.

Yes, from me.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Gates 9th July 2011, 12:43

Thank you all Laugh

I'll modify some thing 8)

Approved: Associate Membership | Westfield Repubic Img0003%20copie

I'm already at ToutSimCities, Simland, Devotion and Simtropolis.
A. Gates
A. Gates
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 9th July 2011, 14:16

You need 2 votes until you become an Associate Member of the AIN. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 9th July 2011, 14:52

Just cast my vote Smile

It was a yes
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next