AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TBA What sports?

2 posters

Go down

TBA What sports? Empty TBA What sports?

Post by Guest 20th February 2009, 01:50

After voting we decided that we will have Union sporting events similar to say a world cup or world baseball classic. Which sports should be included to have these union wide games?

Back to top Go down

TBA What sports? Empty Re: TBA What sports?

Post by Saathoff 20th February 2009, 02:02

Basketball
Soccer
Baseball
Cricket
Tennis
Hockey

I think thats all the sports we need.. Maybe even a Track and Field meet.. i could run that..
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th February 2009, 02:13

Im gonna have to say all assthoff mentioned but cricket since Perthshire having little western (and no British) influence over the years dose not play cricket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th February 2009, 03:54

Basketball
Soccer
Baseball
Cricket
Tennis
Hockey

I would add Rugby to consideration by the group. Ainkien does not do baseball, but does do the other sports.

I agree about adding an athletics (track and field) championship and would offer that we should have a swimming championship too.

Other possibilities: ice skating championships, figure skating championships, cycling championships (and maybe a rotating Tour of the Alliance), and maybe championships in others sports as well. I would say that is we do a lot of alliance championships that we alternate between these smaller events and the union games so that it doesn't get too overwhelming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th February 2009, 04:20

yeah but if we have too many then it will just get confusing. I say we just keep to the big name sports

Soccer
Basketball
Baseball
Tennis
Hockey
Track and Field

do one event every other month but do it in reverse of its preferred time of the year so its opposite its AIN month long thing that I submitted or its Simlympic/Dove game

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 20th February 2009, 05:40

We will see but the main sporting event will be the Union Games. There will be kinda 100 events (even more?) though the requirements are the same as for the Simlympics. You don't have to be scarred cause you just have to do the ceremonies. I'll give you the rest.
For the AIN Sports, well :
We will try to add all you want but everyone would have to run one or two sports.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th February 2009, 17:38

Matt wrote:We will see but the main sporting event will be the Union Games. There will be kinda 100 events (even more?) though the requirements are the same as for the Simlympics. You don't have to be scarred cause you just have to do the ceremonies. I'll give you the rest.
For the AIN Sports, well :
We will try to add all you want but everyone would have to run one or two sports.

I was thinking that we could let each member "run" a sport, partly based on that individual's desired sport and partly on consensus as to who would participate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th February 2009, 19:09

knarfmo wrote:
I was thinking that we could let each member "run" a sport, partly based on that individual's desired sport and partly on consensus as to who would participate.

Brilliant I love the idea, just one minor problem what if two nations want the same sport?

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 20th February 2009, 19:21

That's what I was saying earlier (everyone runs a sport). But there will be time for this. Be patient and wait for more members. Wink
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down