AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rough Draft - Discussion

+7
Saathoff
Aleks
JacobS.
cormiermax
Aranho
Matt
Peter
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rough Draft - Discussion Empty Rough Draft - Discussion

Post by Peter 19th September 2009, 20:30

Ok, so this is the rough draft. And obviously there's a lot of holes to fill in, but my goal is to have the constitution done by November Rough Draft - Discussion Icon_smile So with that goal in mind, I'm going to need everyone's help. Please help write this constitution and I will add in what you wrote to this rough draft. One request though, is to refrain from using "you". Instead, please write in third person, thanks!

Last edited by Peter on 12th December 2009, 17:24; edited 7 times in total
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Rough Draft - Discussion Empty Re: Rough Draft - Discussion

Post by Matt 19th September 2009, 20:30

That's a really nice start for a draft ! I'm sure it will be fantastic by November. :!!:
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 19th September 2009, 20:37

Green Dove Concert Series
(Take note that it is Green Dove Concert Series, not Green Dove Concert)

Green Dove Concert Series is a yearly concert held by different AIN nations every year. The concert series is a benefit concert, helping out to donate money to several causes every year.

[I'll fill this in once I get more info]
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 20th September 2009, 02:05

I realized that the constitution will prolly be really really long to read. Should we split it up in parts or just keep it all in one thread?
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 20th September 2009, 09:23

Maybe we could make an image for the Constitution and just post the images here (obviously, we have to split up the images cuz the Consitution will be long).

More info for GDCS:

Green Dove Concert Series (GDCS) is a yearly concert held by different AIN nations every year. The GDCS is a benefit concert series, helping out to donate money to several causes every year.

How the Host is Chosen
The Host is decided by the Green Dove Concert Committee (GDCC). Any AIN cities are eligible to host any of the GCDS concerts as long they are either full member or ambassadorial member of the AIN.

Union Participation
All GDCS concerts are broadcast live across all AIN nations. Non-AIN nations may also broadcast the GDCS Concert if they so wish. Repeat telecast of the highlights of the concerts are usually broadcast a week after the concert. International phone donations or donations through the official website (www.greendove.com) are available.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 21st September 2009, 22:54

any more topic suggestions you guys?
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st September 2009, 23:07

ummm yeah let me just read over everything and submit my ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st September 2009, 23:32

AIN Constitution

Preamble:
“As members of the AIN we look forward and back in an ever changing union to help learn about life, politics, and the human nature like no school will ever provide. We test the ideals of human ideology both good and bad, and share our common interest in one game that draws us from Stalkhome, South Carolina, South China and Spain to one place to learn, grow and play. This is the Alliance”

AIN Membership

Being part of AIN is very easy and simple. In the Welcome section of the forum is a subforum called Nation Application. There, a hopeful applicant makes a thread regarding their application. The basic requirements are flag and an existing City Journal/ Mayor Diaries and of the sort. Then a minimum of five pictures are to be posted in the thread. After that, it is to the discrepancy of the applicant to put whatever information they feel is interesting or important about their country(population, location, language, leaders, and such.)

Criteria

AIN is a welcoming union to just about every nation in Sim City! However, a country with a tree and a house alone will not be accepted. AIN will be looking for the following:

• Some sort of city, structure, a park, school, police & fire and hospital. Some sort of power and water structure. And a minimum of 10,000 residents in the region we must see a picture of the regional population.
• Some eye candy; that’s one thing the AIN really lacks in comparison to the COFR and SCJU. And high quality eye candy at that, sure a picture of some maxis built houses in the country side is nice…. But let’s see some custom content and really some of the most beautiful things you can put together.

Dependencies

I have no suggestion on Dependencies

Acceptance

I’d say we need unanimous approval before accepting a member. It would be unreasonable to say you’re in if the vote is 5-4 Yes over no. If a member shows a genuine concern than we should honor that and request the applying member makes a change. If there is a member who is just a hard REMOVED every time, well then that should be handled by the admins if it arises.

AIN Membership Exam

For this it should be a simple, here is our constitution, read it, we’ll as a union pick out some finer points that we think people should know. Formulate a few questions (multiple choice) ‘open notes’ this way we can just make sure they are aware of the rules.
Second Part should be, hey here are our past summits maybe 2 or 3 questions on that open notes, so we know they’re looking over our past and know what’s going on. When Giaus was here he had no idea of our discussions in past summits and that’s what got him into trouble.
Final part should be here are the members CJ’s, each member should come up with one question about their nation that’s included in the CJ and submit it. This way the incoming member knows about all our countries.
The test won’t be hard, it might be slightly long but not overwhelmingly and we’d like to see a marginal effort I would expect so, maybe an 80% for a pass?

Union/Forum Rules

Keep the ones we have now, just maybe one change, I think we’re mature enough to be able to use profanity in a generalized sense. Like we wouldn’t have to censor out, hell yes or being a hard REMOVED or something like that. We’re old enough to know what swares are and to use them appropriately, obviously if someone posts oh Peter’s a fucking asshole, yeah that needs to be censored but generalized profanity isn’t that big a deal.

House of Administration

I like 6 months maybe even 4 month terms, because after really the first few months or so what can get done? Maybe with the 4 month terms to a 3 term limit in any particular job, so that should give us a few years LOL.

AIN Expo

How the Host is Chosen
President, VP, and Events manager make up sort of an ISC type establishment we have a bid and winner is chosen if no one bids then the President, VP, and Events manager can either assign it to one of their countries or make a suggestion to one of the member countries to host the expo until a suitable host is found.

Union Participation
Each nation receives 2 days of the expo, 1 day to show off their stuff one day for critique. We could probably over lap is so like
Day 1:
Perthshire shows off stuff
Day 2:
Perthshire critique day
Escambia show off day
Day 3:
Escambia critique day
Petrova show off day
Etc.

Ainvision
Scrap it, from reading around the COFR, and SCJU sites it’s not a successful cause to fight for.

Golden Dove Awards

I like the idea, sort of like the trixie awards on ST
How the Host is Chosen
See the Expo
Union Participation
Once we choose a host then we have a 1 week nomination period where nominations are sent in to the President, VP, and events coordinator the top 3 people to receive nominations then get publicly nominated for the award and then we have a few weeks to vote submitting our votes through PM to the events coordinator before being announced at the awards ceremony.

Green Dove Concert Series
Again sort of under the AINVission of just not a successful worth fighting for cause if you ask me.

Miss AIN Pageant
Just keep it as it has been going.

Union Wars/Conflict
For now, I say we re-start the CIB, we’ll look into wars to come up with a set guideline of what you can and can’t do for wars and then submit it as an ‘amendment’ to the AIN constitution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 23rd September 2009, 00:25

very nice Dljrfn! Thank you for writing a lot 🙇
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 23rd September 2009, 00:29

Dljrfn2000 wrote:AIN Constitution

Union/Forum Rules

Keep the ones we have now, just maybe one change, I think we’re mature enough to be able to use profanity in a generalized sense. Like we wouldn’t have to censor out, hell yes or being a hard REMOVED or something like that. We’re old enough to know what swares are and to use them appropriately, obviously if someone posts oh Peter’s a fucking asshole, yeah that needs to be censored but generalized profanity isn’t that big a deal.

I agree, but Dljrfn, keep in mind that there are minors that roam the web and possibly AIN. I think that the big no-no's like the f word, the s word, the a word or any degrading term should be censored, but words like hell or damn are ok, and prolly wont be censored.

And LOL Dljrfn, if any member says "Peter's a f****** a******, then that member will recieve a warning from the admins, and a second repeat will result in banning. 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 23rd September 2009, 01:37

Can someone explain CIB to me?
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2009, 01:40

I love how you remove hard a** but not F***ing A**hole Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2009, 01:43

cormiermax wrote:Can someone explain CIB to me?

That would be my job since it was my brain child

A few members form like a committee similar to how the senate has committee's here in the US. We look over the past wars and make up a few 'rules' of engagement to make conflicts as realistic as possible so that basically no one pulls like what simamerica did and says oh I have a legion of 100000000 super warriors and I come in and destroy your nation. I decided to keep it small just so it could be a little less cluttered not meant as offense to any one. I think the members should be Nate, Myself, Max, and Aran since we played the biggest roles in all the previous wars, sorry peter I know you were on the original CIB if you really want to be on it I suppose you can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 23rd September 2009, 14:10

Regarding about the Green Dove Concert Series, Thomas, I believe the "A Song 4 Hope" concert (part of the GDCS) is the first of its kind to be held in any of the unions altogether.

And by looking at the comments I've been receiving for the A Song 4 Hope concert, the responses are positive. There are certain segments people prefer to watch than the others (5th Hour segment have the lowest viewership so far in terms of forum viewership).

As the concert is the first of its kind, I believe we shouldn't cancel it as we haven't know the outcome yet. So far I don't see any quarrels about the concert yet. Let's keep it going, shall we? Smile
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 2nd October 2009, 04:50

Criteria

AIN is a welcoming union to just about every nation in Sim City! However, a country with a tree and a house alone will not be accepted. AIN will be looking for the following:

• ((IC)) The nation must have a capital city with a population of at least 12,000.
  • ((IC)) The nation must have a stable, growing economy. The general population must not be impoverished. Food and clean water (any source) must be readily available to citizens.
  • ((IC)) Any cities in the nation over 50,000 must have a strong infrastructure, including electricity, running water, equitable transportation, and educational facilities. This also applies to cities with a population density reaching above 20,000 per square mile in any section of the city.
  • ((IC)) In order to be eligible, a nation must not have a facist or corrupt government. Communism or Dictatorship must be practiced in a civil manner that is beneficial to any involved.
  • ((OOC. The player must succeed at making custom content clear and presentable.))
  • ((OOC. The player must have made an attempt at making realistic, feasible cities that are realistic to the region))
  • ((OOC. The player must make a reasonable small history backing up the country's formation, government and culture))
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2009, 15:04

I like this, I would disagree with the Not having a fascist or corrupt government, if you want to have a corrupted messed up government be my guest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 2nd October 2009, 23:46

Kinda agree with tez its not the best thing for your outword apperance to have countrys in your union violating human rights
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 16th December 2009, 03:31

Updated
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 16th December 2009, 19:13

whoa...the events and stuff disapeared... Sad

the point of the events and features being there is so that we have an official place to look for rules and guidelines for the AIN events. as well as for example, if a person wanted to know more about ain and its events, they can just go to one place for info.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 16th December 2009, 20:48

Listen Peter. Make a separate thread for that. Its the AIN Constitution. Not a rule book for events. You'd never see the US Constitution with rules to a baseball league would? or a big event? No. Just a make a new thread for events. And another thing you didnt have any info under the events so at the moment it has no value. Me and Max re worked on the Constitution last night since no one was doing anything
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 16th December 2009, 21:06

true true Cheeky/Razz
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 16th December 2009, 21:07

haha yeah. Cant wait to see the rule book thread for events. We need something like that too
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Rough Draft - Discussion Empty Constitutional Amendment

Post by Aleks 4th January 2010, 23:26

AIN Constitution First Amendment (Proposed)

Death by firing squad is no longer considered a form of "torture" (as stated in Article Six, Section Eleven, Clause One of the AIN constitution) when practiced in a proper manner. This proper manner being that the shot(s) should be aimed at the head, their shall be no prolonged waiting or other anxiety producing procedures, and it must be insured that the victim dies on the first shot to prevent suffering. Furthermore, the practice of "Death By Firing Squad" can only be practiced by military forces. If at anytime the person sentenced should prefer to have some other form of execution, it is unlawful to deny them this right.
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 4th January 2010, 23:32

Unlawful. Are you kidding me? I believe executions shouldn't even be allowed. It's inhuman to kill a human being no matter what the cause. Life in prison is way better off than killing a human. I find killing in any manner very inhuman. And what gives the military the almighty right to be God and claim that person should die? I could careless if the person plotted to blow something up and kill hundreds of people. Even they wanted to kill me. I would still think the don't deserve to be killed by law
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 4th January 2010, 23:36

I agree with Saathoff.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male