AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Separation of Powers and Levels

3 posters

Go down

Should AIN have a levels or powers system?

Separation of Powers and Levels Vote_lcap50%Separation of Powers and Levels Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Separation of Powers and Levels Vote_lcap13%Separation of Powers and Levels Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Separation of Powers and Levels Vote_lcap37%Separation of Powers and Levels Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Separation of Powers and Levels Empty Separation of Powers and Levels

Post by Peter 25th September 2009, 22:34

Separation of Powers and Levels Intellie

Chamber of Intelligence First

Even though this is a major union motion, this is a trial and error run on passing new laws without the use of the summit. So if this works, then from now own, anyone is free to suggest and propose new laws in the debate chamber, which is already implied, but this time if this whole Chamber of Intelligence works, we'll use this system from now on, rather than proposing and then waiting until the next summit.

Background

Click here to see the thread regarding this voting session.

Levels

Ambassador- Non-Members of AIN that are just lurking around
Junior Members- Members that are new, or not as active or committed.
Full Members- Members that are active and committed.

Separation of Powers Idea

Matt
Members:
Matt
Answers to:
All active AIN members
Powers:
Matt has the final say on everything below him but if he comes up with an idea he needs approval from the AIN. But not just approval he needs unanimous approval. Say for instance:

Matt wants to initiate a new law that says that all AIN members must post in green on Tuesdays. All AIN members wil vote on this issue in the boards, and all must vote NO or the motion passes. Matt being the founder makes him the guy and he should have some authority as such.

Matt has the power to assign Admins without an AIN wide vote. He can also fire or replace admins as he sees fit. He can not be replaced as the head of the union unless he resigns.

Admins
Members:
Peter
Nate
Answers to:
Matt
Powers:
They run the boards and keep it going, strong they have the power to delete or modify posts. Admins can come up with new rule ideas and new government positions and only need Matt's approval to get these things passed. Admins are appointed by Matt with approval of the AIN and like court justices have the position for life unless they are removed from office or resign.

AIN Court
Members:
TBD
Answer to:
No One
Powers:
The AIN Court has the power to make AIN rules, ban members and take away government or Admin spots. But in terms of ideas they really have no say. If a Government official wants to make the green writing on a Wednesday, it then goes to the admins and then Matt. The Court has no say even if it's members think green writing should be on Sunday. Also AIN court members can't sue, or get involved with any conflicts including wars. If Matt or the Admins feel that a court member is not doing there job they can start a no confidence vote against the Member in which the entire AIN must vote. If 51% or more say that the justice is not doing a good job they are removed from the court. Court positions are for life, Removal or resignation.

Government officials
Members
All Government department heads
Answers to
Admins & then Matt
Powers
Government members have direct control over there departments and only the admins and Matt can tell them to add or remove something within that department. Other than that Government officials are regular members they can get involved with what ever floats there boat, they can sue other members in the AIN court if they have an issue and they act as regular members.

Government Officials hold office for half a year. Since we've already passed the half way point the government officials that are appointed will have the position until January 1st 2010. A government official can not run for the same job back to back terms but can run for another office at the end of each term.
Senior Members
Members
All Members who pass a test on Union History and Rules cane be Senior Members. Must have been a member for 2 months.
Answers to
Government Officials, Admins & Matt
Powers
They have say over Junior members really and are the back bone of the union. Only Senior members and up can host summits. There ideas must be approved by the government official that oversee's what they're asking, then the admins then Matt.

Junior Members
Members
Any new full time member under 2 months or who has not taken the senior members test.
Answers to
Senior Members, Government Officials, Admins & Matt
Powers
Really not too much, you can host sporting events and take part of the union just as any other member would but you can't get a lot done. You have to get approval for any ideas by the Senior Members, then the Government officials, then the Admins and finally an OK from Matt. This is a good start out level learn things about the union and to get your feet wet with Union procedure.

Ambassador
Members
Any none AIN member
Answers to
Can not initiate new ideas within the union
Powers
They can not vote on Union votes, attend summits, take part in union sporting or entertainment events. Ambassadors are here for 2 reasons, 1: They're from other Unions and wish to help relations between the two unions and keep communication open. 2: They're perspective members who want to check out the AIN.

Suspended
Members
Any member who breaks an AIN rule must be approved by AIN court
Answers to
Can not initiate things while suspended.
Powers
You're locked out of the boards until your suspension is over. Parole? Possible still open to discussion once the AIN court is set up.

Banned
Members
Any member who was banned by the AIN courts with approval from the Admins and Matt.
Answers to
Can not even see the boards
Powers
Account is locked for as many days as possible. Permanent removal no Parole
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Separation of Powers and Levels Empty Re: Separation of Powers and Levels

Post by Saathoff 26th September 2009, 18:00

what the heck? Seperations of Powers totally defeats the purpose of elections. And it strips me of my power as president and gives it to Matt? Im totally no in favor of any of this. I dont know why we even thought about bring this back... Separation of Powers and Levels Icon_evil
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 26th September 2009, 19:01

Saathoff wrote:what the heck? Seperations of Powers totally defeats the purpose of elections. And it strips me of my power as president and gives it to Matt? Im totally no in favor of any of this. I dont know why we even thought about bring this back... Separation of Powers and Levels Icon_evil

Lol, technically, Nate if we do have separation of powers, you are "matt". Because at the time dljrfn wrote this, we thought Matt was president when in actuality nobody was president. So you would be "Matt" in his idea, if I'm not mistaken. But I really like the levels idea, and wanted to see whether people like it, but to be fair, I had to put up Dljrfn's idea as well.

I voted levels btw. I think that we should have levels, because it won't really do much other than changing the names of Non-Members to Ambassadors, New Memebrs to Junior Members and active members to Full Members. But people's powers won't change as they are currently 👍

Sorry Nate if I offended you...
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 28th September 2009, 21:29

we need one more vote and I'll close it Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 29th September 2009, 13:01

I believe I am the last person who haven't voted yet. XD
But in case I have accidentally voted twice (in which I don't know), my vote is the Levels System.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 29th September 2009, 21:00

And that makes it official. With 50% of the votes, we will be having a levels system.

So now instead of Administrators, Members of AIN, Non-Members....we have

Union Founder, Ambassador, Junior Members, and Full Members
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down