AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applacation for Junior Membership for Parliamentary Republic of Lorraine

+9
Daniel
Tyler
Liberater444
Jo
Edge
K50 Dude
Kevin
Bruce
math5515
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Applacation for Junior Membership for Parliamentary Republic of Lorraine - Page 2 Empty Re: Applacation for Junior Membership for Parliamentary Republic of Lorraine

Post by math5515 2nd October 2010, 12:26

Bruce these are pictures of my capital and if you remember from a histery class ice land is geen because the jet steem flows in to it (and the snow mods never work for me)
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Applacation for Junior Membership for Parliamentary Republic of Lorraine - Page 2 Empty Re: Applacation for Junior Membership for Parliamentary Republic of Lorraine

Post by Thomas 2nd October 2010, 12:37

Iceland is not actually that green. Only 1% of the land is arable, as much of the country suffers from permafrost, which would be represented in Simcity 4 by snow or ice. During summer, much of the Reykjavik area of Iceland is green as the ice caps and frozen land melt, thanks to the Gulf Stream.
You can see Reykjavik in summer here:

http://www.ieee-whispers.com/2010/images/reykjavik-esja-26355.jpg

However in winter, there is a lot of snow in Iceland, thanks to cold arctic waters and precipitation rising, then falling as snow, over the eastern mountains of the country.
Here is Reykjavik in winter:

http://media.nowpublic.net/images/55/1/551e5d040986d8e91edd7bdd67570b22.jpg

So yes, you do need snow mods if you want to do Iceland, and I actually don't think you should because it is an extremely troublesome country to run, let alone recreate in simcity 4.
(I am doing a case study on Iceland in Geography atm)
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 4th October 2010, 21:01

Could someone do the list and I got a snow modd
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th October 2010, 21:37

A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation (I counted nine)
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style
A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation (needs extending)
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees (can't really tell)
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)[/quote]

Summary: Firstly, I don't believe it is realistic to your CJ style at all. Your custom content is all American high rise, which is completely unrealistic for your nation's location and it's population in RL. Also, the population is way to high because of the way Iceland (which your country is on top of) is, geographically. It's over 3 times higher than the actual islands population.
You also have severe realism issues, with massive mountains and skyscrapers in barely-developed areas. I'm sorry, but this is nowhere near ready. And that's trying to be polite.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 4th October 2010, 21:48

sory I was playing around with modds I fix the photos and the population
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th October 2010, 21:50

I would just leave Iceland, tbh. It doesn't suit your CJ style and is a very hard region for anyone to do.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 4th October 2010, 22:10

canada Laugh
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 4th October 2010, 23:01

math5515 wrote:canada Laugh
Way too big. :snowsnowsnow:
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 4th October 2010, 23:02

don't take a whole part of the country.. If you do that you get an automatic no from me.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 4th October 2010, 23:03

Tyler wrote:don't take a whole part of the country.
or a gigantic island(s) in an ocean Wink
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 7th October 2010, 23:06

Updated
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th October 2010, 23:13

HAHA!!!!!! The only country that will be on that location is Quebec. Please, change it or I'll seriously destroy it from the inside Wink

Don't touch Quebec por favor. You can take Labrador if you want, but I'm not sure newfies will like that LOL
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 7th October 2010, 23:17

There's definitely an improvement, but it's still not there yet. Also, I agree with Julien - taking over Québec probably isn't the best idea.

Have considered a fictional landmass?
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 8th October 2010, 02:23

Have considered a fictional landmass
where would you sugest?
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 8th October 2010, 02:26

I'd suggest near South Carolina or something.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 8th October 2010, 02:29

Julien wrote:HAHA!!!!!! The only country that will be on that location is Quebec. Please, change it or I'll seriously destroy it from the inside Wink

Don't touch Quebec por favor. You can take Labrador if you want, but I'm not sure newfies will like that LOL
Im I not good enough to have Quebec THAT HURTS Sad
I'll change it tomarrow
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum