AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT | New Earth Project

+9
hiigarar
MiguelLeal
Jo
ForthWall
will
Huston
cormiermax
Blakeway4
SmartbyLaw
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT | New Earth Project - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT | New Earth Project

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 02:32

Gaea isn't a good example Max. It will collapse. There is so much inactivity. Barely 7 members. You are yourself inactive so... Cheeky/Razz

The website itself can't provide that.

AIN is working as following to stay active:
- Newspapers and CJ.

Without them, AIN is dead. D-E-A-D
I mean it. We will die if we continue like that. Neil new union act is an act that will change the government and the way we work out. What New Earth Project will do is change the fun and activitiness in the AIN. It will make people more active and will keep us alive. I don't see why you doubt it. Tell me at least one good reason and be clear...
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 15th December 2011, 02:33

SmartbyLaw wrote:Im not making up facts? SCJU members DO run SCJU. That is all I am saying Max.

No, you said it was affiliated with the SCJU. Members from the SCJU created it, but the SCJU its self had nothing too do with it.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 15th December 2011, 02:36

UNPF is rules by 50% AIN and 50% USNW, yet its still not a part of AIN or USNW Speechless
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 15th December 2011, 02:37

Can we drop SCJU and Gaea? please.

EDIT: AIN is what we need to be talking about. And I agree with Julien's last post.
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 15th December 2011, 02:38

SmartbyLaw wrote:Can we drop SCJU and Gaea? please.

There examples which we should look at when dealing with proposals such as these.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 15th December 2011, 02:39

Inefficiency of Government, we must finish this now
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by will 15th December 2011, 02:40

It would mean this current world would be expanded and no New Earth Project, but I mean large scale expansion. Doubling Ocean sizes to create alot more oceanic and coastal space. We could agree that scalewise, oceanic nations would remain in their current relative position (the Veralantics and our nations Max)
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 15th December 2011, 02:43

Expanding the world doesnt seem like a good idea. Its unrealistic (way more unrealistic than a new planet).

Last edited by SmartbyLaw on 15th December 2011, 02:45; edited 1 time in total
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 02:43

SmartbyLaw wrote:Expanding the world doesnt seem like a good idea. Its unrealistic.

LOL Smoking --message removed--

This was actually some nice skype debate and forum debate Cheeky/Razz

Last edited by Blakeway4 on 15th December 2011, 02:44; edited 1 time in total
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 15th December 2011, 02:44

SmartbyLaw wrote:Expanding the world doesnt seem like a good idea. Its unrealistic.

So is moving too a new planet.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 15th December 2011, 02:45

It's a fictional world with what we do here anyway so I think a dash of that every now and then isn't bad, that's item 1... item 2... we need to do something, I've actually thought this for a while but not brought it up.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 15th December 2011, 02:48

--message removed--
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 15th December 2011, 02:49

Expanding Earth would be a lot more complicated.
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by will 15th December 2011, 02:50

Why, It may increase travel times but if we just do the oceans, that's about it.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 15th December 2011, 03:01

I guess I just dont like the idea. I personal would think a new planet would open so much more roleplay.
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 15th December 2011, 04:37

I totally disagree with this and if members were able to remember that this has come up more times then I care to remember and has always failed.. As the divide is to great to be bridged.. My nations history is soley based on this planets history culture and topography.. And I won't move.. This will break up AIN with no turning back..
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 15th December 2011, 08:17

I don't support this since we have al our CJ's based in real countries and maybe, then we would have to change our city styles to another ones. No, I don't like this idea.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 15th December 2011, 10:17

I don't like the idea of new earth. So i am against the new earth.

What i can think of to change the role play dramaticly is to change the earth countries. Not crazy names, but create a alternative world that can be voted on. Like create the European Federation which will be entering everyone ecological business Cheeky/Razz, make Russian Federation more of a imperialistic and stronger country that still interested in taking back territories lost (Syldavia, Kamchatka, Hiigara) and etc. Every proxy nation will be lossely based on real life, like USA will have a president, but not real life. Also not real life nations could appear like Azadi Caliphate, which will always hate the westerners and try to stop oil production and always do something against us. Cheeky/Razz And North Cambodia, with a crazy leader that wants to destroy the world, but he does not have the weopen power, who will help him? Cheeky/Razz And etc, possibilities are endless. The world is our to play and change, with a popular vote.

How this countries will work? Simple by popular vote, reactions of this countries will have a small place where there topics will be opened. Vote will be opened or ideas for role play. Popular vote is better to keep from screaming "This country did this, because i said so". Of course there will be a need in history book. Like Russia Federation will affect moslty Hiigara, Syldavia and Kamchatka role play and they can write and vote on this matter. European Federation will affect mostly every nation, they will look in your human rights all the time. Cheeky/Razz

Who will control the Alternative Nations? This is a hard part, probably the admins or elected people that want to and are trusted by the community.

It changes dramaticly the dead landscape of real life countries. Our countries are still based on earth, nothing will change that, but many of the real life countries will change and give full possibility of "War, Drama and Role Play".

hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 15th December 2011, 18:18

I am against this idea in its entirety. The amount of times we have considered doing a new planet, started it and realised that what makes the AIN unique is that we are as realistic as possible and on the planet earth in the present day.

I won't be taking part in any reformation of Earth, creation of a new planet or changes to real life countries. Have fun with it though.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 15th December 2011, 18:26

If participation is optional, then please proceed.

However for any affiliation to the AIN or to make this compulsory for all members, it is required that it goes through due process in Parliament.

Can I ask members to be a wee bit less hostile on both sides of this argument or else, regrettably, the thread will have to be locked.

K THANX BAI
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 15th December 2011, 20:39

Okay, so. it will be optional. BUT could it at least be affiliated with the AIN? it would open more role-play and then you can revive RP on Earth as well/
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 15th December 2011, 21:11

We can't have role play connect with them anyway (its unrealistic), so what is the point?
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 22:15

I'm against your idea Cons. It’s against the rules. If we want to be realistic, we can't change RL countries, and that's a problem The Project can solve.

It seem that this project has been understood the wrong way. You guys only think about: "Oh my god, my history and culture is all based and I've done so much stuffs. It will take us so much time. It's useless, we already have role-play..." Smoking

Let me say that YOU WON'T HAVE TO CHANGE EVERYTHING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. I thought it wouldn't be so complicated to understand. Sad

Quotes from skype: “CJs are keeping the AIN alive. Then what? We don't do RP anymore. Neil don't play SC4 anymore. Thomas is becoming inactive on SC4. He told me. Same with me. Same with almost everyone. Max: you don't play SC4 anymore yourself. So, what stays? there is no other activities besides newspapers. With a planet, we will have plenty of possibilities. We will be open for better and bigger role-plays. WE will decide. We won't have to wait for RL stuffs. It will go faster. We'll have more fun, way more. I don't see the point of staying in the AIN if it stays as it is now.”

“Cons is dying to have some conflicts, wars. He told us he wanted to create a proxy state to have war.”

“We can have major events. The problem with AIN is that we can't. We can't do nothing with other countries except AIN's but they are too far away. Even if we are close, it's just ruining stuffs.”

Here are the basics of the idea:
- It will be a planet. Just like Earth (Seasons, climate, etc.). The continents will have a different shape but we will do the map with the help of the members to ensure that everyone is happy with it.
- You will choose where you want to be, your territory and your nation. We will keep it realistic and similar to RL Earth to ensure it will not fail.
- If you want a Commonwealth, then there will be a United-Kingdom. You just have to create it.
- If you want your culture that way, then do it. If you want your neighbours that way, then choose carefully your location and make it that way.
- We will work out the map so if members want to keep their nation’s territory the same, they will be able to.
- This project will help the wiki; it will be better and will take a bigger role in the AIN.
- Think about it. A new planet will just open us for more spaces. We will be free to have MAJOR role-plays and not only wars. Conflicts, major construction, business, everything.
- Half of AIN members are not playing SC4 anymore. Half of AIN is playing SC4. SC4 will have the same place as before. Smile
- This project will help the half that doesn’t play sc4 anymore to want to stay in the AIN. I can say personally that it’s 90% sure I will quit AIN if this doesn’t pass.

We are still working on the BETA map to show you, so if you have any questions, please ask them. If you ask questions, this will just solve the “problem” instead of now arguing with nothing Cheeky/Razz
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 15th December 2011, 22:16

Personally I DO NOT support this idea....

When looking to finally join a union a few weeks ago, I was looking at both the usnw and AIN. I weighed the pros and cons of each and thought about how the unions would affect my country. Well I decided that thier role playing planet would not work for me, and I joined the AIN, (also I like more of the activities here) Smile

I will say this loud and proud: If AIN forms a fake role playing planet, you will see me resign from AIN immediately

all my work to find a suitable RL location, develope a history, and establish relations with US and Canada my RL neighbors would be for nothing

so if you want a fake planet, don't participate in AIN then, join the United Planetary Union of Simcity or something that has fake planets if you don't want to use earth.
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

http://simmania.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 22:24

It won't be for nothing Mayorm... The Project will have lots of similarities with Earth, you can trust me on that.

My question is well... what activities? I don't see AIN active. It's dying.

Yesterday I did a fantastic metaphore which I am proud of Cheeky/Razz

"The AIN is like a sick person, dying. What we are doing now is giving morphine (New Union Act), but what we propose is a surgery that will make us back to life."
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next