AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT | New Earth Project

+9
hiigarar
MiguelLeal
Jo
ForthWall
will
Huston
cormiermax
Blakeway4
SmartbyLaw
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT | New Earth Project - Page 4 Empty Re: IMPORTANT | New Earth Project

Post by mayorm 15th December 2011, 22:33

well then create it...

But like I said, if passed I'm leaving AIN Smile
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

http://simmania.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 22:38

I don't understand your reason. You're staying only 'cause it's with Earth? Earth is blocking us. We are stuck with Real Life countries, they are in our way for better role-play and more activness.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 15th December 2011, 22:40

I propose to draft ideas for this and show them monday and vote for the idea that we like. Its better then talk about it Cheeky/Razz
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 22:44

Well we need to talk about the ideas first Cheeky/Razz Like we are doing now on Skype Cons LOL
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 15th December 2011, 22:44

I agree, I would like to see this put to vote Smile
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 22:46

Dull/Roll Eyes I don't think you guys are ready for vote yes Cheeky/Razz You just came and say you are against it but you didn't have see the whole thing. This is a debate. It is not yet ready for vote. The whole project has not been showed up yet and you guys didn't fully understand what we want/mean.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 15th December 2011, 22:50

One reason I joined AIN was also to have earth instead of Adonia. If we go to a new planet, I'll take Australia and I'd like to have my old Adonian Shape... I liked that one alot Cheeky/Razz I think the AIN is doing fine, for the longest time there were 15-20 active members and now there are 30+ Members... If 1/2 play SC4, then aren't we just like we've always been? MayorM, I think you'll fit in if we do this project and I'll help you out to make things work on this new world.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 15th December 2011, 22:52

I see the points you're trying to make Blakeway, I just would rather not have my entire nation moved to another planet and therefore ruin my plans to develope a storyline to my CJ where Marquette interacts with the US and Canada.

I see these points from project:

1. more freedom
2. better capacity for more AIN nations
3. both of the above result in more roleplay
4. AIN is dying this is going to save it

First off I don't see AIN dying, I just got in a few weeks ago but it looks alive and well to me, I see some diminished activity by some members but they are also away from other SC4 forums.
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th December 2011, 22:54

Lol will, you sound contradictory on your comment Cheeky/Razz

The reason I joined AIN is that... I don't remember Laugh I think it was because I was bored. Yawn

Anyways, Will, this isn't a copy of Adonia nor Gaea. In no way it will be the same. The shape can be discussed as well as the nations.

@David and Caleb: LOL, maybe we should have post it after having worked on it more Cheeky/Razz Like having finnished a complete map.

[br]EDIT:[/br] Just saw your comment Mayor, and as it appears to be, you don't need to worry that much about your interaction with Canada and USA Smile
As I said, we are trying to make things to have a lot (and by a lot I mean a lot, a lot!) of similarities with RL Earth.
For example: There will be a USA type country. There will be a China. There will be a Australia. There will be a Canada. There will be a Europe, etc. Of course it won't be the same shape and it will be very different, but it will have tons of similarities, it just depends on you, the Members. Smile
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 15th December 2011, 23:01

It will when there are some drafts made.

What i agree is that we need a change in role play. Role play needs a change more god modding and more un-planned events like Hurricane made by A13, its was a great role play and great event that happened. We also need to understand that not all event should be planned and written up before they happen. It would be great if we can atleast use our nations in role play and expand the ideas, of course informing each other what we are planning, not telling fully.

Just jumping on another planet that is based on earth is strainge for me and will change my history.

But i agree that we need a change and should talk about it and vote.

And AIN is not dying its pretty much alive and screaming about it. Cheeky/Razz We just need a change in role play and improve it.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by will 15th December 2011, 23:05

I frankly see this going ahead no matter what. I'm just trying to contribute Cheeky/Razz Cons, is A13 still going on?
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 15th December 2011, 23:06

Blakeway4 wrote:Just saw your comment Mayor, and as it appears to be, you don't need to worry that much about your interaction with Canada and USA Smile
As I said, we are trying to make things to have a lot (and by a lot I mean a lot, a lot!) of similarities with RL Earth.
For example: There will be a USA type country. There will be a China. There will be a Australia. There will be a Canada. There will be a Europe, etc. Of course it won't be the same shape and it will be very different, but it will have tons of similarities, it just depends on you, the Members. Smile

THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT, NOR WHAT I WANTED WHEN I JOINED AIN Angry

I don't want similar countries, in order for my country to operate and work out, I have to have the interaction with RL earth, not a fake USA, not a fake Canada...

Real Life Earth

Marquette stays on Earth! You can all go to space
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 15th December 2011, 23:08

I am probably will vote against a new world. I like earth, Earth is AIN Cheeky/Razz Yes A13 is going, but having problem with stories and people joining in to help. Sadly the last story was fully ignored Cheeky/Razz
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by will 15th December 2011, 23:12

Well I would like to help then. I think we can go on very very well without this new planet idea. Smile
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 15th December 2011, 23:27

look if you guys want more role-play, I'll be glad to role-play as I'm a new country in the union, I would like to interact with everyone's countries. Just pm me or post in the Foriegn relations thread of my CJ Smile

But I don't want to role-play on an entirely fake planet.

Also:
Take into consideration a CJ like Lower Columbia (woodb3kmaster) his country is named for a RL area, his country includes Seattle and Vancouver (RL cities) if moving to another planet you would completely destroy his country and CJ.
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 15th December 2011, 23:29

So well my idea. Its a middle ground. Its a change for role play that we need and will give all there possibilties. Those that want another earth, you will not need it, because it gives the same possibilties and Earth lovers, well earth Cheeky/Razz

1)Start using Real life countries. We can control earth as we wish, create votes on events that public want to see and post issues every month for all nations that want to be a part. Create global events, again by popular vote. People will decide what will happen on earth.

2)Create a godmodding team for events, that will also writte role play ideas. They will of course give a small information on the event and etc. Which will be a first time thing, we will have a leap from role play of two for full community role play. The godmodding team will be elected every 2-3 months or in elections times. Also every member can propose his own idea for role play, if he is a full member.

3)Monthly issues for countries. Written by a team, probably broadcasted from A13 or anything else. Issues will have economical and social growth based on our countries.

Sadly we can't be realistic, we aren't realistic at all. Hiigara would be eatten in... well pretty quickly Cheeky/Razz We can mak
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 16th December 2011, 00:52

Mayorm, you can have all that culture and the same are in the New Earth. Gosh.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 16th December 2011, 02:17

mayorm wrote:Personally I DO NOT support this idea....

When looking to finally join a union a few weeks ago, I was looking at both the usnw and AIN. I weighed the pros and cons of each and thought about how the unions would affect my country. Well I decided that thier role playing planet would not work for me, and I joined the AIN, (also I like more of the activities here) Smile

I will say this loud and proud: If AIN forms a fake role playing planet, you will see me resign from AIN immediately

all my work to find a suitable RL location, develope a history, and establish relations with US and Canada my RL neighbors would be for nothing

so if you want a fake planet, don't participate in AIN then, join the United Planetary Union of Simcity or something that has fake planets if you don't want to use earth.

I will say this loud and proud: I understand your opinion, it does matter. But you voice it so strongly and yet, you know next to nothing about this project. It is still in the works and things are being worked on as we speak. Now we need to work as a union, NOT as two separate groups. That will only split the alliance, and that WILL lead AIN to its death.

hiigarar wrote:I propose to draft ideas for this and show them monday and vote for the idea that we like. Its better then talk about it Cheeky/Razz

Several options will be posted whenever they are available. We can't just create 2 or 3 proposals over the weekend, its a complicated task.

mayorm wrote:I see the points you're trying to make Blakeway, I just would rather not have my entire nation moved to another planet and therefore ruin my plans to develope a storyline to my CJ where Marquette interacts with the US and Canada.

I see these points from project:

1. more freedom
2. better capacity for more AIN nations
3. both of the above result in more roleplay
4. AIN is dying this is going to save it

First off I don't see AIN dying, I just got in a few weeks ago but it looks alive and well to me, I see some diminished activity by some members but they are also away from other SC4 forums.

AIN role-play is dead. What you think is active, and what older members think is active are to different things. Older members saw AIN when we we're the most active union. We are, lets be frank, not as active as we were. Yes we are active in some aspects, but much of what we saw as active, has shrunk almost completely.

mayorm wrote:
Blakeway4 wrote:Just saw your comment Mayor, and as it appears to be, you don't need to worry that much about your interaction with Canada and USA Smile

THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT, NOR WHAT I WANTED WHEN I JOINED AIN Angry

I don't want similar countries, in order for my country to operate and work out, I have to have the interaction with RL earth, not a fake USA, not a fake Canada...

Real Life Earth

Marquette stays on Earth! You can all go to space

No caps are needed to get your point across. Please, before you start screaming see the proposals. We (at the moment) can not do ANYTHING with RL countries. They are not within our reach. They have no role in the AIN.

Also, can you please remove your banner? It seems you have a strong opinion, when in fact no other details have been released. I would appreciate it.
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 16th December 2011, 02:41

I have to say I really don't see much of a benefit in this at all. Ya'll say the culture can still be there because of Fake Canada and Fake USA, yet those are real life earth countries, and the point of this is supposed to be to free up land area for new members.

There's not much of an exception to that. Think of all the members and the real life countries involved in their history:
- Former USSR
- England
- America
- Canada
- Australia
- France
- Japan
- China
- Indonesia

not to mention natural aspects such as:
- Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- Black Sea
- Mediterranean Sea
- Arabian Penninsula, if I'm not mistaken

Those are all the ones I can think of, they take up quite a bit of space on what would be this "new earth" because they're essential to the histories and cultures of those countries.

I believe we should stick with Earth, period. A new planet can't fulfill our nations' histories without re-instating real life countries and putting quite a bit of land back on the map.
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 16th December 2011, 02:58

You necessarily dont have to have the exact shape. Even with the new world the shape is changed. Thought that was kinda self-explanatory but thats beside the point. These natural aspects and countries CAN be put into it, but yes the shapes with be different. For instance we can have something like the Med Sea and Black Sea with different names.
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 16th December 2011, 03:51

JacobsS- Thank you Smile Exactly the point I've been making over, and over. Smile

Look I only yelled because now you guys are not seing our valuable points.

My country, will not work without real life US and Canada. Nor will other countries like JasonS said, former USSR countries will lose vital pieces of history. This can't be simply swaped for some fake country in place of them.

Or like I said before for example, Woodb3kmaster's Lower Columbia contains the real life cities of Vancouver, and Seattle. How would his country function without earth?

Also I did take down the avatar for you Smile I do have a strong opinion about this, but I agree that was a little too much Smile
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 16th December 2011, 03:57

DUE TO CONCERN FROM ADMINS
AND SENIOR MEMBERS THIS PROJECT IS ON-HOLD

- Smartbylaw
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 16th December 2011, 04:08

I'm not trying to completely dump the idea here, it just seems to me as if keeping real-life Earth would be more practical. If you ask me some solutions to the spacekeeping problem could be:

- Limiting the size on island nations, not necessarily the whole area but making it so that large island nations are required to be a collection of smaller islands that have some space in between them. In other words, a layout like Okatabawashi, rather than the Atlantic Federation or Shushtrepistaz; with the intention of allowing more oceanic space to be used

- Limiting the size of a nation in Europe to say, half the size of Germany, if it overlaps another country in Europe

- Also remember that people can just as easily draw a new land mass onto the existing world map just as Llithustania did. As long as it doesn't conflict with another AIN nation's coastline I don't see an issue with that.

This can all be done without having to draw up and divide a new planet.
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 16th December 2011, 07:30

AIN Role Play isn't dead, its needs changes yes. But mostly we are in a period of less activity, that happens all the time. The same happened in COFR, the same happens in AIN, its because people are working, doing something and etc and new year is soon.

Why i want to use real life countries for role play (No one will take the countries they will just be used by papers and for issues).We have right now a ban on using real life countries on worries of realism and etc. So we are having a moment, when we need to start for using in real life. This will open new possibilities and create new events for us. A13 will again public a new event soon.

Also i advise all to use the possibilities of A13, which was planned to add a new role play possibility to the AIN, to have controlled godmodding events, that are not planned and give the people a chance to feel life a real life event is happening, not a planned. Again remind that everyone can become a "Reporter" and join in. Also propose for the first time having a role play event "Date Time" - "Also "Date Events", like on 21 April there will be bombings all around AIN. The game that will happen will be like "Mafia", we need to find a nation that has does terrorist and information will be given by Journals of different nations. If you fail, there will be bombing. If you find and post that you have destroyed the terrorists, then your nation is the winner."

https://aoin.darkbb.com/t4364-alliance-13-channel

JacobS. - The problem is not that we have no space, theres a lot space, thats one of the problems, just theres is a need to control the "Earth" at the full. Create hurricanes, create different ideas and etc.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 16th December 2011, 12:09

As a "senior member", "older member" or whatever you wish to call me, I think that this might be an overreaction to a natural period of less activity in the union.

I remember the days when we got a couple of posts a day. I also remember the days, mainly in the summer, when we got over 100 posts a day. This is a natural event that occurs regularly in the union world. We aren't silent - we've got CJ posts, wiki updates, forum posts. This is not a dying union and those of you who think it is are overreacting. The apocalyptic two-group splits everyone is paranoid about aren't happening.

"CJs are keeping the AIN alive. Then what? We don't do RP anymore. Neil don't play SC4 anymore. Thomas is becoming inactive on SC4. He told me. Same with me. Same with almost everyone. Max: you don't play SC4 anymore yourself. So, what stays? there is no other activities besides newspapers. With a planet, we will have plenty of possibilities. We will be open for better and bigger role-plays. WE will decide. We won't have to wait for RL stuffs. It will go faster. We'll have more fun, way more. I don't see the point of staying in the AIN if it stays as it is now.”.

I haven't been doing updates because I've just done 8 mock exams for my final exams in June. That's one of the reasons I stepped down as President. Real life is going to stop people from updating and maybe some people from posting, but it's just a natural occurrence and we need to live with it and stop predicting the end of the world. The only time we have ever come close to the end is when we had the infamous October Crisis. Those of you who keep comparing things like a period of quietness, which I don't think this is, to the splits of then, are either overplaying the issue or have no recollection of the events from last year. I'm tired of the Armageddon prophecies.

If you wanted to create this project properly, you should have done some proper ground work and produced detail before you announce it. It's too late now, so we will continue talking about it, but if you ever try it again please get some proper detail instead of just "we need it because the union is collapsing". Because it's not a good reason and will turn people off the whole concept altogether.

My opinion remains the same. I won't participate in any non-earth CJ union and think the current reforms of the AIN are sufficient to ensure our longevity and self-sufficiency into the future. Once again, I want to wish you the best of luck with it though.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next