AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavier forum roleplay

3 posters

Go down

Heavier forum roleplay Empty Heavier forum roleplay

Post by JacobS. 6th September 2009, 22:46

Here's what I was thinking. We seem to do alot of roleplaying on the forum. It's fun at all, but maybe we should do it in a more established way.

We should have an In Character section of the forum where we roleplay as a leader of the nation. The In Character section would have any diplomacy that an actual country's leader would take care of in real life. This means summits, event advertisements, writing letters to eachother, etc.

How I think we should do this is simple - at the top of each post, we put who we're roleplaying as in Brackets. For example: "[Maseu Zlatasovies, President of Kalnobia]" or "[Nursultan Chevaiý, Secretary to the Kardal Government]". Other than that, we honor the San Andreas Multiplayer roleplay codes:

Out of Character: In order to speak out of character (as yourself IRL), wrap your message with two parentheses on each side. For example "((We'll need to see what Matt says about this.))"

Names/Metagaming: Only use In Character names that you know. The two top leaders of the country (e.g. President and Prime Minister or King and Dauphin) you should know In Character already. Otherwise, you will have to find out their names in some other way (e.g. if they sign a letter). Otherwise, it would be what's known on SA-MP as Metagaming, using Out of Character information In Character.

Signing Letters: We should use a specific font to stand for a signature. My suggestion would be Comic Sans MS, italicised.

Adressing Letters: Put the target of the letter in the subject of the post. For example: "His Majesty King Matthias I; Chihiro, Petrova"

An example letter:
Subject: Doctor Sanjay Tcharkesyan, 1315 Lower Great Estriulin Boulevard, Pinnilliv, Saint Caprio Islands
[Leonardis Tziskeloff, Mayor of Iskaiu, St. Caprio Islands]

Sir Leonardis Tziskeloff
1125 Skiskisk Drive North
Iskaiu, STC

Dear Doctor Tcharkesyan:
Thank you for your last letter. I forwarded your claim, but unfortunately Raffore Islands' Prime Minister Keong Wai Tok Joshua ((aranho)) has mailed me back, notifying me that your strategy of unifying the archipelago has been rejected. Unfortunately, Rafforsia is not willing to send peacekeeping troops to a small group of islands in the Atlantic Ocean. I suppose it is just too risky of a job.

Your friend,
Leonardis Tziskeloff
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Heavier forum roleplay Empty Re: Heavier forum roleplay

Post by Peter 7th September 2009, 02:08

Interesting idea, I like it, but it seems complicated haha. So basically you're suggesting that we should have headers for every post? :scratch:
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 7th September 2009, 16:16

No -.-

What I say is when we're roleplaying, we're currently mixing it up with references of CJ's and the forums. This is a basic outline of the idea:

• Distinguishing between In-Character and Out-of-Character
  • A forum where strict roleplay is required
  • A section for in-character events and advertising
  • A section for specially-formatted in-character letters.
  • The use of brackets to denote who the character is.
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 7th September 2009, 17:05

Good idea, Jacob.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th September 2009, 20:57

I agree with this for the most part, I think it needs more discussion and a little more time to figure things out. Peter can we add this, as well as the idea I just came up with (to discus later) of an annual calendar to the Summit discussion list?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum