AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Republic of Roanoke Island

+4
Peter
Matt
Aleks
Saathoff
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should Roanoke be accepted into AIN?

The Republic of Roanoke Island Vote_lcap30%The Republic of Roanoke Island Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
The Republic of Roanoke Island Vote_lcap50%The Republic of Roanoke Island Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
The Republic of Roanoke Island Vote_lcap20%The Republic of Roanoke Island Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

The Republic of Roanoke Island Empty The Republic of Roanoke Island

Post by Edge 28th November 2009, 16:59

Name: Rep. of Roanoke Island
Flag:
The Republic of Roanoke Island Flagp
Population: 14,010 and growing quickly! Cheeky/Razz
Population of Newport (by itself): 13,000
Capital: Newport
Languages: English, Greek, and a little Spanish
Established: 2009
Geographical Location: Mild climate in Summer, cold in Winter.

Government: Democratic Republic
Military: Yes, 7,000 current members including a Coast Guard, National Guard (army), Navy, and Air Force. (The Navy is the most powerful, since most of the region has at least one coast).

Currency: Credits
Average Income per year of Rep. of Roanoke Island: 74,000 credits
Average Income per year of Newport (by itself): 104,000 credits

Pictures on the way!

Last edited by DCMetro34 on 28th November 2009, 23:02; edited 3 times in total
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

The Republic of Roanoke Island Empty Re: The Republic of Roanoke Island

Post by Saathoff 28th November 2009, 17:27

Can't Wait to see more :dream:
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 28th November 2009, 18:09

A view of the Eastern part of Rep. of Roanoke Island:
The Republic of Roanoke Island Regionview

A view of the only populated area of Rep. of Roanoke Island

The Republic of Roanoke Island Republicofroanokeislandd
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 28th November 2009, 22:56

wait, how can you have more people in your military then in your country???
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 28th November 2009, 23:02

aleksfacco wrote:wait, how can you have more people in your military then in your country???

Whoops, mistype; typed in an extra 1. Thanks for noting that.

Last edited by DCMetro34 on 30th November 2009, 02:48; edited 1 time in total
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 28th November 2009, 23:06

yep, your country looks promising, but where is your country located? (n america, s america, ect.)
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 28th November 2009, 23:19

aleksfacco wrote:yep, your country looks promising, but where is your country located? (n america, s america, ect.)

Sorry, North America. It is supposed to be around the Boston area, except it's not a real life map. But, the climate and features would be located in real-life Boston.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 28th November 2009, 23:34

ahhh
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 28th November 2009, 23:37

aleksfacco wrote:ahhh

Yea, in my CJ, it is the Outer Banks of NC. But, it's not really, since the climate is like Boston. A little fantasy there....
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 29th November 2009, 08:30

I want to see more pics before I vote.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 29th November 2009, 19:23

Same here
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 29th November 2009, 20:14

Ok, more pics on the way in a bit.

This a picture of the main Newport area. The lake in the middle is called "Dead Man's Lake", since there have been a lot of wrecks there because the water is shallow. Also, it is titled "Dead Man's Lake" because in some areas of the lake the land above it is much higher; so, unfortunately, a lot of people fall off the cliffs. In fact, it causes the 2nd most amount of deaths in Newport.
The Republic of Roanoke Island Republicofroanokeislandd

Edit: More pictures.

Here is the Capitol Center of Republic of Roanoke Island. It is located across the lake from Downtown Newport (also known as Northeast Newport or the business district). The castle was used as a center for government meetings long before the region was a democratic republic. Just recently, it has been moved to its final resting place above the waters of "Dead Man's Lake". Scientists estimate that the castle was used almost 1000 years earlier when the Natives of the land roamed free. It was found along the mountain ranges of theWestern part of the region; and almost immediately the transportation process started. It took nearly 25 years to transport this ancient castle across the region, but finally it is safe among the capital city. Now, it is a historic site, where all citizens can take tours of the castle.

The Eastern part of the region where the castle was found:
The Republic of Roanoke Island Republicofroanokeisland

The white buildings now serve as the current head of government center. All Representatives meet in the bottom right building, and the High Court is in the far left building; as well as the President's residence. The top right building is a memorial to all those who have been chosen to receive the Peace and Honor Badges. It is a walk-through exhibit; but it is under high security. Only certain groups who are given permission are allowed to enter the Supreme Court/President's House and the House of Representatives due to recent hate crimes in the past against those who have been serving.

The Republic of Roanoke Island Northeastnewportjul2623

Also, an aerial view of most of Northeast Newport (known as the business district of Newport) at night:

The Republic of Roanoke Island Newportz
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 29th November 2009, 22:22

Ok, here's my opinion (dun dun dunnnnnn. haha)

First off, thank you for your interest in becoming a member at AIN! Very nice application. I see a lot of potential in this CJ. There's a couple of realism issues in some of your pictures, but seeing as your country is still young, we can help you and I bet you can fix them in no time. And, your plans to bid for a simlympic games will help boost your city building skills positively 👍

Now before I say yes or no, I ask this to the applicants: are you able to be committed to AIN? Meaning, if you do get accepted, I'm just making sure that you are not just some lurker who barely logs on and barely participates in the union activities(and yes we've had some former members do that, once they get accepted, they never log on or barely even post anything Cheeky/Razz).
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 29th November 2009, 22:41

Peter wrote:
Now before I say yes or no, I ask this to the applicants: are you able to be committed to AIN? Meaning, if you do get accepted, I'm just making sure that you are not just some lurker who barely logs on and barely participates in the union activities(and yes we've had some former members do that, once they get accepted, they never log on or barely even post anything Cheeky/Razz).

Yes, I would be commited 100%. Laugh That's what I wanted at the AUS, but unfortunately, most of the other members were those lurker types. I decided to apply for the AIN because it seemed like an interactive place; which is what I was looking for in the first place. I love participating in sport leagues, Simlympic bids, contests, and meetings/summits that an alliance might have or that the AUS was supposed to have. When that didn't work out, I asked around the Simtropolis community which alliance could provide an interactive and enjoyable experience. Most of them said here, (even if they were in another alliance sometimes Cheeky/Razz ) which is why I applied here. Also, I am very eager to learn new ideas from everyone here at AIN; your CJs portray you as very talented builders.

Thanks,
dcmetro34
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 29th November 2009, 23:39

wow after reading that I just want to get outta my seat and do a happy dance 🤣 haha jk jk jk

On a more serious note, I think that that's the great thing about AIN. This union is mostly made of people who used to be in a different union or had experience in other forums. From that, they take the lessons they learned in the other unions or forums and we move forward with it here at AIN. We don't look for flashy eye-candy or favoritism, we accept people who love playing sim city and people who want to enhance their playing experience. Smile

I couldn't agree with you more. We need people who love playing sim city, have experience in other unions, love to participate in union activities. I've seen your commitment in simtropolis, simsports and I think you would make a great addition to our community. My answer is YES!
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 29th November 2009, 23:51

Thanks so much! I am hoping that the other members will agree with you, so I become a part of this great alliance.

Thanks,
dcmetro34
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 30th November 2009, 00:26

At this time its a no from me, I feel your CJ is still too young. My feeling may change if you post some more pics but for the time being I say no.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 30th November 2009, 00:30

Well, I don't know if this will change your mind, but here's some pics Laugh You have a point, I did just sort of start, but if the vote is 'no', I will return after I have a little more experience under my belt.

This is Federation Square Station across from the Capitol Center. It is a subway/bus terminal.
The Republic of Roanoke Island Northeastnewportjan1281

Here is the Museum of Roanoke Island history. It contains loads of artifacts from all time periods, even before Rep.of Roanoke Island was officially a nation. All tickets are free, but you must get them in advance.

The Republic of Roanoke Island Northeastnewportjan1028

Thanks,
dcmetro34
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 30th November 2009, 00:37

id have to say yes. when i aplied, i had only been working on my cj for about 2.5 weeks
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 30th November 2009, 00:55

cormiermax wrote:At this time its a no from me, I feel your CJ is still too young. My feeling may change if you post some more pics but for the time being I say no.

I see your point Max, and I agree. However, thanks to your new membership system, dcmetro, if accepted, will be a junior member(as with all the new members). From there, he can improve his CJ and apply for full member once he feels that he has a improved CJ. I think that we can use dcmetro in AIN as we need more activity within the union, and at the same time, we can help him develop a great looking city in no time Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 30th November 2009, 02:12

i vote yes.

Max, Alek's cj looked just about the same as dcmetro's does right now when we accepted him.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 30th November 2009, 02:53

I Vote no. Your CJ is young. And with the new guidelines in my eyes your country falls in the no for me right now. You do have potential. I say work on your CJ a lot in the next month, and improve the info a bit. Makes some maps of where your located and stuff. And try to apply in January.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 30th November 2009, 08:17

I can vote yes only if you promise to be active and to post every day.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 30th November 2009, 14:19

DCMetro, what you said on the first page really makes me smile. Same goes for Peter's comment on the first page.

Come to think of it, we have members who do not have any experience of being a part of a union before, we have former COFR members, we have former SCJU/MoS/AU members, and now we have a member from AUS trying very hard to apply into AIN.

From what I could see, AIN is special to everyone. Everyone of us is a jewel to AIN's eyes. I'm so glad I did make a right choice to leave COFR completely to join AIN.

Ok. Back to reality. XD

DCMetro, I will not say yes or no right now because, despite your pledge to be ative in AIN, I still need to see more pictures from your nation. But don't worry, my Yes has been deposited into your safe. Just a little more effort and you'll be able to crack the safe. Keep trying. Don't give up. Smile

And besides, you are doing a good job yourself. 👍
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 30th November 2009, 19:22

Well, with a total of 7 votes, 5 being yes and 2 being no, you are a member of AIN! Congrats!

Now, since you are a new member, you will be in a junior member status(you can't vote, you can't run for office and no AIN Spaces account ). In a month or two, if we see that you are being active in AIN and develop your CJ, then we can move you up to a full member status

But a little reminder, since you got two "no" votes, we will be a bit stricter on your application for full membership and you will need to show a huge improvement on your city building skills.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next