AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Republic of Roanoke Island

+4
Peter
Matt
Aleks
Saathoff
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should Roanoke be accepted into AIN?

The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Empty Re: The Republic of Roanoke Island

Post by Edge 30th November 2009, 21:01

Peter wrote:Well, with a total of 7 votes, 5 being yes and 2 being no, you are a member of AIN! Congrats!

Now, since you are a new member, you will be in a junior member status(you can't vote, you can't run for office and no AIN Spaces account ). In a month or two, if we see that you are being active in AIN and develop your CJ, then we can move you up to a full member status

But a little reminder, since you got two "no" votes, we will be a bit stricter on your application for full membership and you will need to show a huge improvement on your city building skills.

Yes, that is fine. I am already planning a new city that should amaze you. 👍 I am very grateful for all of your votes and feedback. Thanks!

@Matt, Yes, I will, that is a promise.

If there is anything anyone would like me to work on (besides the obvious things), I would be very grateful if you pointed me in the right direction. Cheeky/Razz

Thanks a whole bunch,
dcmetro34
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Empty Re: The Republic of Roanoke Island

Post by Matt 30th November 2009, 21:05

Good. Welcome to AIN ! Hope you have fun Smile
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 2nd December 2009, 03:01

So, what specifically do I need to improve on? (If you'll tell me) Smile

Thanks,
dcmetro34
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 2nd December 2009, 04:01

hmmm....I'll try and help 👍

The Republic of Roanoke Island - Page 2 Newportz

Ok with this pic, I see a couple of realism pictures.
-There's a huge skyscraper in the middle of a low-rise center. My advice is to follow the gradual rule: build your cities from low rise to mid-rise to high-rise. Don't put a high-rise next to a low rise. Concentrate on your low and mid rises first. I know, I know, we all want to see the towers, but trust me, it pays off having a downtown when its surrounded by a huge city. Like the game suggests: build horizontally before vertically Smile
-The terrain: I love the terrain, but maybe add trees? Or if its not too late, maybe go back and fix the waterways and add seawalls(you can get them anywhere, just type seawalls in the STEX)
-I love with what you've done in the mid-bottom of the pic with the stadium, and buildings south of it. Now maybe relocate that, or keep it, but expand it. Add more parks, and space the buildings/stadium apart a bit.
-Question: is that a landfill in the edge of the city on the left? That's not good for the game and realism purposes. Building landfills near commercial and residential causes negative desirability and therefore you will never get any wealthy or high-rise buldings. Build landfills in adjacent cities and just connect them via roads and establish a deal with those cities. (if its not a landfill, then nevermind Cheeky/Razz)
-Make the castle more....castle-ier Cheeky/Razz Like if you were a king living in that castle, wouldn't you want a grand and nice front & back yard? Download custom content parks and fillers and place them around the castle. Or if you want a more simplistic approach, just plant trees, makes all the difference in the world.

With more practice, you will get better. Trust me, my second try of Petrova was horrible! Just look at my first CJ: http://simsports.darkbb.com/city-journals-f23/petrova-t149.htm. I had a lot of realism issues. At first I thought I needed to custom lot everything and download a lot of eye-candy parks, but in reality, you dont. Just practice, practice and practice. And one helpful secret I have it to plan it out before I zone it. All you need to do is to have an organized city and remember the no-no's: no high-rise next to a low-rise and is it logical to put that church next to a nuclear power plant?(example Cheeky/Razz)

I hope you dont take any of my advice into offense, I'm here to try and help you Smile (haha you should see my advice during the AIN expo's to the other countires, much more brutal 🤣)
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 2nd December 2009, 04:04

Wow! Thanks, that helps a lot! :farao: (I just wanted to use him) Cheeky/Razz
To answer your question, that was a Target that didn't show up, not a landfill Cheeky/Razz
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 2nd December 2009, 04:14

And make sure to get custom trees and not to use Maxis default.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 2nd December 2009, 22:22

cormiermax wrote:And make sure to get custom trees and not to use Maxis default.

Ok, I have a few that should work, thanks!
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2