AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization

+10
Liberater444
Daniel
Edge
woodb3kmaster
Blakeway4
anarchy0029
Saathoff
Aleks
Aranho
Peter
14 posters

Go down

Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization Empty Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization

Post by Peter 3rd February 2010, 10:48

Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization Day3-1

Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization Day3-2

Introduction

The SUTO is the Sim Union Treaty Union Organization and it "is just the real world NATO. Its purpose is to help keep peace. It also helps countries when natural disaster strikes or there is food shortages. SUTO main purpose is to help make the world a better place."

Discussion Questions

Should we keep the SUTO or stop it?

If we should keep the SUTO, what should SUTO do and purpose? How can we make it more active? Can we help "Haiti" with SUTO? Maybe go to other sites and ask for real world text donations?

If we should remove SUTO or atleast AIN's participation in it, should we do another program or organization that serves a similar purpose?
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization Empty Re: Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization

Post by Aranho 3rd February 2010, 14:14

I'm a little mixed on this decision. SUTO is a good cause to have, so we should keep it. However, other than sign-ups, there hasn't been any other activities involving SUTO since its creation, so we should stop it.

If we should keep the SUTO, what should SUTO do and purpose? How can we make it more active? Can we help "Haiti" with SUTO? Maybe go to other sites and ask for real world text donations?
If we wish to keep it, all I can say it to make sure it gets involved in Sim-related disaster crisis of all kinds, both man-made and natural. We can help Haiti by using SUTO, but how are we gonna do it? Real donations? Or pretending that SUTO help in Haiti rebuilding programmes?

If we should remove SUTO or atleast AIN's participation in it, should we do another program or organization that serves a similar purpose?
I'm not sure on this situation. Whatever the case, I don't wish to see another creation that turns up to be a creation just for show and no activities.

In summary, unless we help SUTO to revive itself and let it finally do something useful, during the whole year since its creation, SUTO is nothing but useless. No offence to the owner/creator of SUTO though. Maybe one of the main reason is due to the fact that there are little or no disaster-related incident, let alone the [now non-existance] 2010 Fornax Earthquake and Tsunami.

One simple solution to revive SUTO is to create some disaster-related incident. A simple food crisis or a simple earthquake will definitely help. Still, it's all depends on us people to create such incident and to get SUTO be involved.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization Empty Re: Day 3 - Sim Union Treaty Organization

Post by Aleks 3rd February 2010, 20:56

We should keep it, but only if we actualy "go somewhere" with it

Yes
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 3rd February 2010, 21:13

Stop. Its not worth it.

If we should keep the
SUTO, what should SUTO do and purpose?
Again No.

If we should remove SUTO or atleast AIN's
participation in it, should we do another program or organization that
serves a similar purpose?
SUTO to union like. I say just remove it
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 3rd February 2010, 21:16

I think that at the moment it serves no purpose, and if it does, we aren't doing any significant amount of work that makes it useful and effective.

Not at the moment. Maybe if someone can come up with a similar program like this at the Chamber of Intelligence.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anarchy0029 3rd February 2010, 22:10

Let's scrap the SUTO for now. AIN Union will speak for itself.

Nothing at this time. There's no real commitment to SUTO. No real purpose.

Nothing at this time.
anarchy0029
anarchy0029
Counsel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=logo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd February 2010, 22:49

I think SUTO is a great idea, but we don't develop it...
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 3rd February 2010, 23:35

I don't know that much about what it was created to do or what it's done since that time, but it sounds like it has hardly done anything. I'd say that it's not really worth keeping around, so let's get out of it.

Not answering this one, since I don't think we should keep SUTO.

Inter-union organizations are more trouble than they're worth, IMO. If we end up scrapping SUTO, I don't think we should create something to replace it.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 3rd February 2010, 23:49

Stop, it's point is unnecessary.

SUTO could be a mixture of something like NATO and the Red Cross.

No, I think we can handle these issues that SUTO would handle ourselves.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 4th February 2010, 00:20

As Arcacia has been a member since we joined and absolutely nothing has happened with it, I think it should be abandoned.

No, there is no real need for it.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 4th February 2010, 03:10

We should keep SUTO only if we intend to use it. For the peacekeeping part, its basically pointless as forum RP rules state that both warring parties must agree to the battle conditions before engaging. Therefore, keeping peace is utterly unnecessary in an enviornment when wars can generally be avoided by one side simply saying "no"

I would like to see an Int'l Aid service, to help coordinate rescue/aid efforts. SUTO need not exist, but as stated above, a Red Cross organization would be beneficial
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 4th February 2010, 06:16

sorry y'all i've been away... SUTO... if we're not actively participating in it.. then we shouldn't dwell on it... We, as a union could come together to show our support for different aid efforts as they come. If SUTO was to exist, one person should make that their focus and take ownership of the program.
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 4th February 2010, 07:58

I think we should stop it. It wasn't a bad idea, but, besides singing up, no one did anything there.

Can we help "Haiti" with SUTO?
Pretending to help Haiti will only make us look stupid. That could work only with real donations.

If we should remove SUTO or atleast AIN's
participation in it, should we do another program or organization that
serves a similar purpose?
Maybe in the future. It's only about role-playing, so it isn't urgent.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th February 2010, 10:27

Discussion Questions

Should we keep the SUTO or stop it? It has no need if we not stop.

If we should keep the SUTO, what should SUTO do and purpose? How can we make it more active? Can we help "Haiti" with SUTO? Maybe go to other sites and ask for real world text donations? I don't know

If we should remove SUTO or atleast AIN's participation in it, should we do another program or organization that serves a similar purpose? It has no need. We would need something like red cross if it was need for roleplay issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by KoV Liberty 4th February 2010, 21:28

Well, if nothing has happend (as danspaceman said) then it should be removed. But there is always a chance a country will get hit by a typhoon (/hurricane), eathquke, fire, tornado etc. Can't be too careful with this, even if the organization hasn't been used.
KoV Liberty
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 4th February 2010, 21:38

I believe SUTO is vital for AIN security, if we scrap it I think it would be a big loss. I'm willing to take over the organization to make it more useful.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 4th February 2010, 21:53

I think that is a great idea, Max. Smile
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by anarchy0029 5th February 2010, 10:42

If we are going to use SUTO as a necessary organization. We need to get more involve with something that will benefit. Ranging from AIN Peacekeeping forces, to a Marshall Plan, also providing universal parliament that consist of representatives from each nation.

This is why I considered to scrap it, because we haven't put much effort into it.
anarchy0029
anarchy0029
Counsel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=logo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 5th February 2010, 13:34

If we can manage to revive to, then I'm in support of it. Until then, if we eventually vote to keep SUTO, I will do my best to support and encourage participation of SUTO.

After, if I'm not wrong, SUTO was created by one of our AIN members.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down