AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declined | Re-application of Beropolis

+5
Tyler
Blakeway4
math5515
Daniel
Aleks
9 posters

Go down

Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Empty Declined | Re-application of Beropolis

Post by math5515 12th February 2010, 15:36

Information
20,000 people unemployed
1,000,000 people (old capital 400,000, new capital 400,000, suburb 200,000
Numbers are based on the 2100 census
Religon-70%Jew, 30%Christian
Largest city-Bi/Beropolis
Capital city-Beropolis
National bird-Robin
National flower-Dasey
National food-Creamy deluxe cheater chesse
National song-wheels on the bus go round and round
National sport-Hockey
Government-Democratic (in war-a dictator ship :king: )
name-Beropolis
place's-in western Europe (England today)
Aleksania's old colony (fought independence, won)
Pictures of my old capital
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Big-1213
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Big-1215
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-sep11
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-sep13
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-sep14
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-sep15
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-oct11
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-oct10
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-oct12
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-may10
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-may11
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-may13
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-jan13
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis 800px-10
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-aug14
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-aug16
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-aug17
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-nov11
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-dec10
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bi-nov12
Sorry about the flag changes i keep wanting to make one on paint i think this flag is ok though
Worst airport in the history of airports
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bff-ju12
a ok navy (ready to destroy)
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Bff-se10
Perhaps the coolest launch ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis New_ci11
New capital (uncompleted)
building rush
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Beropo10
Cop line up
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Beropo11
Living on a bad STREET (CRASH)
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Beropo10
Random pictures of the biggest riot ever!
All of my police cars and fire trucks are there around 160 police cars and 130 fire trucks
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Beropo22
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Beropo12
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Beropo23
new capital (comleted)
before
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis New_yo10
after
afterDeclined | Re-application of Beropolis New_yo11
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Beropo24
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis New_yo12
Suburb
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis New_yo13
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis New_yo10
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Berito10
Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Berito11

Last edited by math5515 on 12th February 2010, 18:22; edited 1 time in total
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Empty Re: Declined | Re-application of Beropolis

Post by Aleks 12th February 2010, 16:23

Very good. A lot of improvement since I last saw. It still needs alittle polishing, but overall good. One thing though, in the last pic, you probably shouldn't have two airports right next to each other

Yes, but with room for improvement.
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Declined | Re-application of Beropolis Empty Re: Declined | Re-application of Beropolis

Post by Blakeway4 12th February 2010, 16:31

Same here.

Spoiler:
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 12th February 2010, 16:58

Better than the last time I saw it, but there are still a LOT of issues.

Realism:

- You need custom content. Try Simtopolis.com and sc4devotion.com.
- Space shuttle taking off in the middle of the city: this wouldn't happen for obvious reasons.
- Space shuttle taking off from a seemingly inaccessible crater surrounded by high mountains. Again, this wouldn't happen.
- Capitol building is missing dependencies. You need to read the readme file that came with it to find out what they are.
- What's with the enormous rubbish dump?
- Regional mapping seems incoherent.

Flag:

- Although it is a vast improvement from the last one, it is still fairly sloppy. Perhaps visiting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexillology and scrolling down to "Principles of flag design" would help, or read the following: Good Flag, Bad Flag.

*EDIT: Since I posted this, the picture of the flag has changed. Dude, you cant just use South Africa's flag. Design your own.*

Overall, an improvement, but there is still too much out of place and more improvement will be needed before I can pass the application.

I'm afraid I am still saying no at this time.

Do not be discouraged, you can apply and reapply as many times as you like, but I will need to see the issues listed above addressed before I can vote yes.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 12th February 2010, 21:53

Dan, are you a teacher? You sound like one. I agree with your points. but i say yes. with room for imporvement.
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 12th February 2010, 21:58

JJ, no, I'm a scientist. I'm currently doing my graduate certificate on my way to a masters degree in astronomy. However, in 1999 I was doing a teaching degree. I taught 2nd graders for 6 months.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 12th February 2010, 22:02

aah i see.
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 12th February 2010, 22:11

Could you guys give me some ideas of relistic modds?
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 12th February 2010, 22:22

Most of them that are on STEX --> If I was you, I'll download every ill tonkso bats, they're very useful and realistic!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 12th February 2010, 22:37

Math5515 - I think the best advice I can give you is to head over to Simtropolis.com and just go through the STEX, downloading whatever catches your eye. Be careful, though - some stuff requires you to download other stuff. These are files the main file needs to work. Oh, and whilst most of the stuff is "ploppable" meaning it will appear in one of the menus and you can just put in in wherever you like, be careful as some of it is only "growable" meaning it gets added to your games database and then grows wherever IT likes.

From the air, Beropolis looks okay, but at ground level it's a bit plain and disorganised.

I think one of the best mods you can get is NAM - Network Addon Mod. It gives you so many more transport options. One of the best is light rail. I recommend downloading new tram stops and even trams, which you can get from sc4devotion.com.

A good idea would be to have an idea of how you want your city to look. Are you going for a New York style skyline? Or do you want a more European feel? These are things you need to consider.

Take a look around at the AIN city journals. If you see something you like, don't be afraid to ask: "hey, where'd you get that?"

What you also need to consider is on a national level. Is your country landlocked, coastal, an island or a series of islands? Having an idea of this will ultimately help you plan.

There are a lot of issues, but if your application is denied this time around, I will vote yes the next time you apply, provided you have done the following:

1. Download 3 custom content items, including NAM and show that you are using them in the game.

2. Clean up the realism issues with your airports and spaceports and that massive rubbish dump. There is a mod on Simtropolis that will get rid of your rubbish for you.

3. Change your flag to one you have designed yourself and is something you would happily run up a flagpole.

I get the feeling your only starting out, so don't be put off. Some of us have been doing this for 20 years, so we make it look easy. It generally is, it just takes time and imagination.

Once you have made a few improvements and successfully apply to the union, you will find the road a lot easier as you get hooked on mods and are able to create really impressive cities.

That all being said, it is YOUR city. So, you will get to a point where you know how you want it to look and will be working towards that goal. You don't need to present us with a finished product, a work-in-progress is perfectly fine. We just want to have an idea of the direction you're moving in.

As for individual mods, I can't really tell you what to download. This is something you have to decide for yourself. Spend some time on Simtropolis and sc4devotion and you will be amazed at how quickly the pieces fall into place.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 12th February 2010, 22:38

I'm going to have to say no..

Too many realism issues and you can't take another countries flag like Dan said..

Aleks I think the two airports are different. One was a fire department landing strip and the other was a normal airport.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 12th February 2010, 22:40

remember everybody to post what you voted so we know if the pole is accurate.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 12th February 2010, 22:54

Correct. What tyler said. If the amount of posts of what voted doesnt add up to the poll on top. The extra in the poll are invalid votes.

But like others were saying you need to pick up your realism a bit. Your getting better i can see that. But for now ill say no.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 12th February 2010, 22:56

I decided to be truthful this time, therefore the following comments I'll be saying may be hurtful. so, in advance, let me apologize if any of the comments sound hurtful.

Honestly speaking, because of the first impression I get from the reapplication's first few images, I have the feeling that there are no improvements at all.
So here's what I suggest: for the first few pictures, show out your VERY BEST pictures as the first few pictures usually gives the reader the initial impression. The first few pictures may also determine whether he or she should continue reading on or just don't give a damn on the post.

It is best to minimize the Universal Control Panel (the panel on the bottom left) and turn off the U-Drive It Mission Icon. Reason? These are irritating, honestly.
Also, those Zots are irritating too and could damage the beauty of the picture due to the Zots bright color scheme. Hide them by entering a cheat (I forgot the cheat though).

Generally, the mindset is that daytime view is for descriptive images (e.g. details of buildings, original color of the building facade, etc.) while nighttime view is for beauty images (e.g. neon-litted skyline, spotlights shown on the building, etc.). Therefore, post more on daytime images, but have a little mix of nighttime images too.

Realism issues once again.
Water treatment plants do not locate themselves in residential or commercial areas. Place them away from residental and commercial.
Try to smoothen the ground where roads are going to be placed on. No one likes to drive on bumpy surfaces. Smoothen the coastline too.
As said in your previous application, a space shuttle launch pad doesn't place itself in the middle of a populated places. Relocate it to somewhere very far away from the populated places.
For the landfill, it is the same as the space shuttle launch pad: locate it far away from the populated places. Also, if you wish to get rid of the rubbish problem, you may download a mod on Simtropolis which reduce the litter produce to 0%.
The way you place the runways is extremely dangerous in real-life. Space the runways out by at least 4 tiles recommended.

Once again, lack of custom lots. I do notice that you made an attempt to download more custom contents, but it's just not enough. The main thing you're lacking on are custom buildings. Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, TG Columbia and SimPeg do have pretty decent and nice custom lots; the first three offers nice custom buildings of all heights.

Overall, I do see some improvements, but you really need to work on your CJ. I understand that you have school to attend and homework to do, so take your time. Also, I believe that there's a limit on the number of times you can reapply. 5 if I'm not wrong. Therefore, reapply when you are really confident that your CJ will get an approval from us.

A point to note, if you need any help in your flag design, you can kindly ask anyone of us. In AIN, we have a handful of people who are experienced in Photoshop. You may also go to this Flag Factory of AIN and request for help in flag making.

Therefore, I won't vote yet. And since you are close friend with Aleks, you may approach him for help. He may not be the best CJer in the Sims Universe, but he can really help you out a lot.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 12th February 2010, 23:02

Hey Math,

A good wee bit of improve,ent but you've got to improve on this just a bit more.

Download the NAM and use some smooth curves on avenues double 90 degree bends are really unrealistic.

Also you have said Beropolis is based in western europe (England, in fact). The way you have designed your cities is in a very american way with large airports, square blocks of buildings (and tall builidings at that) and lots of highways (or since Beropolis is in the British Isles - Motorways Wink)
I would suggest moving Beropolis to North America or reconsidering your style of building. European cities tend to keep growing out into huge sprawls rather than up and areas grow in clusters or along a road (which very few are straight). Have a juke at google maps and see the way towns like Bristol, Bath, London, Birmingham and Newcastle have grown and the basic layout of those.
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 12th February 2010, 23:03

The cheat code for getting rid of zots is "tastyzots"
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 12th February 2010, 23:14

Wait what is Zots? Cheeky/Razz

Nevermind had to google it Cheeky/Razz

Last edited by Saathoff on 12th February 2010, 23:18; edited 1 time in total
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 12th February 2010, 23:17

You know those annoying symbols? They are those red circles with the lines though them. They have a car, meaning no road access, a lightening bolt for no electricity, a drop of water for no water and a briefcase for no job.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 12th February 2010, 23:18

It's those things that appear on top of buildings when that particular building faces no power, no water, no job or no road connection.

I'm just slow and Dan have a better description. Cheeky/Razz
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 12th February 2010, 23:28

Dan why don't you run for president?
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 13th February 2010, 00:02

I don't really have an interest in running for office at the moment. I'm bidding for the Expo, and also the May 2010 Simlympics, so I have enough on my plate at the moment. Add to that the semester is about to start at uni and I'm searching for work and things are a bit hectic at the moment. I might consider it in the future.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 13th February 2010, 06:11

Reapply application Locked due to a pending investigation of Math5515
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down