AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms

+12
Aranho
Blakeway4
ForthWall
Neil
Matt
woodb3kmaster
Daniel
Kevin
MiguelLeal
emgmod
Thomas
marsh
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Gansbaai be accepted ?

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Vote_lcap94%Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Vote_rcap 94% 
[ 16 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Vote_lcap6%Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Vote_lcap0%Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Empty Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 09:02

Here is my aplication for The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms. I hope I covered everything. Laugh

Flag:
Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Flagn

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Googleearthduplicate

Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Statistics

*wr means "World Rank"

General

Official Name: Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Statistics

Short Name: The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms

Demonym: Gansbaaian

Capitol: *No official capitol*

Largest City: Al Aium

Currency: Moroccan Dirham (MAD) 1$ = 11MAD

Languages: Arabic-93.65%
Spanish-3.21%
Other-3.14%

Religions: Islam-86.56%
Christian-6.4%
Athiest-1.22%
Other- 5.84%

People

Total Population: 551,000 *wr-167

(all based on # per 1,000)

Growth Rate: 2.15 *wr-15

Birth Rate: 39.54 *wr-15

Death Rate: 11.49 *wr-41

Migration Rate: 1.34 *wr-39

Life Expectancy: 75 years *wr-78

Litercy Rate: 90.5%

Economy

GDP: $900,000,000 *wr-203

Most Exported Good: Not Avalible

Most Imported Good: Not Avalible

Current Acount Balance: $1,000,000 *wr-58

Reserves of foriegn exchange and gold: $21,540,000,000 *wr-40

Communication

Phone Lines in use (land): 2,991,000 *wr-51

Phone Lines in use (wireless): 22,816,000 *wr-35

Internet Users: 10,300,000 *wr-31

Transportation

International Airports: 1

Kilometer's of Railroad: 0

Kilometer's of Road: 33,400

Goverment:
The Goverment of the country is a parliment. There are 7 heads of state who all hold equal power.

General Information/Brief History

The Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms, or just, The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms for short, is a newly formed nation on the West coast of Africa, south of Morocco. It was formed undder a simple concept, to make a african nation with a stable economy and to unite tribal peoples on the continent. The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms has the second most stable economy in Africa, (after Algeria), and has many small scattered towns without any major cities. The country was formed in 1995, (one year ago), and as a result is a relitivly new country. It is still getting its feet planted in the world and as a result, still does not have definite things, (like a coat of arms)
*Note* I dont know what year the AIN is in, so im willing to change that.

Location/Climate/Cities

The The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms is located on the west coast of Africa and is south of Morocco. It is mostly arid lands being located on the far west side of the Sahara. Costal areas recive plentiful amounts of rain, but the land gets very dry very quick due to rapid evaporation. A Mediterranean Style climate exists on the coast, but traviling inland the climate changes to arid desert very fast. Moisture here evaporates before it even hits the ground.
Cities in the nation are mostly very small. The largest city is El Aium, recently re-named just, Aium.

Conflict

The country is the most peaceful African country. This is highly due to its new formation, which sprang into existince only in 1995. However, to the east in the Sahara, a large oil reserve has benn found. The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms, Mauritania, Mali, Algeria, and even (isolated from the area) Morocco, all want the parcel of land. No physical fighting has broken out, and it looks as if it never will. Peacful negotiations have been being made over the past 3 years, (since 1992) and now things have gotten even more complicated since Gansbaai came onto the scene.
*Edit* This conflict has ended and the land has been given to The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms. Shown below is the old map showing the disputed area.
Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Googleearthrotgk

If I left anything out let me know. I then put it in.
I relize I do not have a coat of arms, and am trying to make one. Im not amazing at photoshop, and coats of arms are usualy very intricate and elegant... all mine are coming out very boring. 🇳🇴
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms

Post by Thomas 22nd May 2010, 09:05

You need at least 7 in-game images before we can really say anything about the application.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms

Post by emgmod 22nd May 2010, 09:09

I was talking to him in a chat room, and he said he accidentally hit the "Send" button. It's not done yet.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 22nd May 2010, 09:11

You need 7 game images, of course and it is really important to know the size of your country because I want to see one thing...
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 22nd May 2010, 09:18

A minimum of seven in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style

A type of government that again matches your CJ style
A realistic size and population of your nation
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content, as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 09:20

(Yes, i forgot the pics. I relized this )

This is the Swazi Wadi, a seasonal river wich runs through the Zukuraai area.

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Bordercrossriver

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Img0010mz

The Basila Mosque is the only Mosque in Zukuraai. Islam is The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms official religion. It is dominate in almost every other cities in the nation. Zukuraai is the only city with predominate Catholic influence. Many muslims are not happy with the giant Coca-Cola bilbord behind it... :evil:

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Img0025rl

Thes are some simple fishing docks for civilians to park their fishing boats at.

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Img0021e

Oil wells out in the distant desert

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Img0073km

A minor headquarters for the "Fushan Quss Oil Co."

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Img0074qa

The recently built "Fushan Port"

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Portmosaic

The newest image of the city of Zukuraai. The largest construction tower is the future headquarters of Fushan Quss

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms 13327601x

Hope this works 👍
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 22nd May 2010, 09:24

A minimum of seven in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation

A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style

A type of government that again matches your CJ style
A realistic size and population of your nation
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content, as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

Just make any kind of coat of arms. I got through to full member without one because it wasn't in the rules yet.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 22nd May 2010, 09:30

Lovely images - is that flag similar to another AIN nations? I'm sure there's another one with the palm tree style...
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 09:32

I don't know, but ive had that flag for an old CJ i did about 1-2 years ago and just recolored it, so i did not copy it off anybody
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 22nd May 2010, 09:35

Ah, okay - I was just doing some research and it's actually quite different to Atrubia's flag. So once you've done the coat of arms, I think this should be an excellent bid.
Could you suggest how active your CJ will be? Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 22nd May 2010, 09:37

Atrubia's? I thought KoV changed it.

Thomas: He updates it about 4 times a week.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 09:40

Yes i update very frequently. I try to get at least 2 in a week, but i usualy end up with more
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 22nd May 2010, 09:44

Oh wow - I think you'll be a great addition to the AIN then. 👍
(I just looked in the recent EXPO for Atrubia's flag btw)
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 22nd May 2010, 09:45

Looks stunning. All we need is an admin to get the voting process going!
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 09:47

Thanks. Laugh

Alright im uploading theCoat o' Arms as we speak.(Internet is starting to run slow 😢 )
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 22nd May 2010, 09:50

That' all that I have to say... WOW, THE BEST PICS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN, WOW.
Lovely, your country is like an African one.I love Africa!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 22nd May 2010, 09:59

Awesome pics, nice flag. I do have a couple of issues:

No official capital makes diplomacy difficult. I suggest nominating a capital.

There is no such thing as a royal republic. This is an oxymoron - they cancel each other out.

Apart from that, I really like what I see so far.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 22nd May 2010, 10:03

@dan - i suppose he means something like the UK or Malaysia, where the have a monarch but also a parliament
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 22nd May 2010, 10:06

No, I think he means something like the United Arab Emirates - a federal monarchy, sort of like me as well. The UAE does have a capital, though, so it wouldn't be a bad idea.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 22nd May 2010, 10:07

That's a Constitutional Monarchy, not a royal republic. The word "republic" indicates a presidential or semi-presidential system.

Canada is a Constitutional Monarchy, the US is a Republic. The UAE is a Commonwealth. Several sovereign states acting as a collective. Each one in itself is an Emirate, meaning it is headed by an Emire, which can be considered the same as a Prince in Western terminology. Emires are not elected, so the UAE cannot be considered a republic.

You can be one, but not both at the same time. It makes absolutely no sense at all. It's kind of like North Korea, which calls itself a "Democratic Peoples Republic." Completely paradoxical and nonsensical, considering that North Korea does not practice anything that could be remotely considered democracy.

Last edited by danspaceman on 22nd May 2010, 10:09; edited 1 time in total
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 10:08

1:
A capitol is in the proces of forming. The nation is less than a year old and is still trying to get its feet planted. The City with the highest probability of becoming the capitol is Zukuraai, the city you saw in the pic's.

2:
I named it that because it sounded better :Alien11: But no.... as kccl said yes, its a parliment but also has a king. but like the U.K., the king is just for show and doesnt have any "real" athority. But largly influences the parliments decisions

thanks

also, i have a Coat o' Arms. Never made one before, so i don't realy know anything about them. so will this work or do they HAVE to ba a certain way?

Approved: Junior Membership | Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Armsj

The reason it just says Gansbaai instead of the full name is because The Gansbaai were an ancient tribe in the area, and is the main ethnic group in the country today
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 10:09

Being truthful i have no idea why i named it that :roll:

But i will decide on that. The out come will most likely what i stated above.

I also could rename it the the "Royal Constitutional Monarchy of the Gansbaai Kingdoms
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 22nd May 2010, 10:11

Okay. First off, no double posting. If you wish to add to your comments after you post, use the "EDIT" button.

Secondly, it might sound like a long, elegant name, but it is rather confusing. I would suggest replacing "Republic" with "Commonwealth" given the type of government.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 22nd May 2010, 10:14

but i like the elgant name Cheeky/Razz

JK, I need to think a bit on that. I realy do not know much about forms of goverment and I'm learning alot tonight.

ps. sorry bout the double post
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 22nd May 2010, 10:20

No worries. A long elegant name does sound nice, I've always liked the longform name of the world's oldest republic, San Marino: The Most Serene Republic of San Marino.

I also think you should keep a longform name that suits your country. Just make sure that the words don't cancel each other out.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next