AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes)

+8
Aranho
woodb3kmaster
Kevin
Matt
Tyler
MiguelLeal
Thomas
Blakeway4
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should the Principality of Rhodes be accepted ?

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Vote_lcap87%Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 13 ]
Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Vote_lcap13%Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Vote_lcap0%Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Empty Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes)

Post by Blakeway4 6th June 2010, 23:26

Flag
Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Flag

Coat of Arms
Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Colossush

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) GR_Rhodes

Name: Principality of Rhodes (Rhodes)
Population: 433,636
Language: Greek
Government type: Principality
Head of state: Prince Julius Vaas
GDP per capita - US$27,022
GDP (nominal) - US$22,900,000,000,000
Currency: EURO

History:

1614: Dutch explorer Adriaen Block visited the island now named for him.
1634: William Blackstone was the first Rhode Island settler.
1636: Providence was founded as a Rhode Island settlement by Roger Williams.
1638: The Portsmouth compact was signed. A picture of the plaque in Founders Park, Portsmouth taken in May of 1997 by Elliot J. Wilcox (98 kb).
1639: The Newport Compact, which formed the basis of the settlement, was signed in April by John Clarke, William Coddington, William Dyer, Nicholas Easton, John Coggeshall, William Brenton, Henry Bull, Jeremy Clarke and Thomas Hazard.
1643: Samuel Gorton founded Shawomet, Rhode Island's fourth settlement. The town was named Warwick a few years later in honor of the Earl of Warwick.
1643-44: Name of Aquidneck changed to "the Isle of Rhodes, or Rhode Island."
1652: First record of African slaves.
1663: Charles II granted the Charter of Rhode Island & Providence Plantations July 8. It remained the constitution until 1842.
1664: Seal of the colony "Mottoe, Rhode Island and Providence, with the word HOPE over head of anker."
1675: The decisive battle in King Philip's War was fought against the Narragansett.
1708: First census taken; population 7,181.
1724: Rhode Island established property ownership qualifications for voters.
1730: Census taken; population 17,935.
1748: Census taken; population 32,773.
1755: Census taken; population 40,414.
1772: British trade restrictions angered the colonists. They burned the British revenue cutters Liberty and Gaspee. See also Gaspee Historical Archives
1774: Census taken; population 57,707.
1774: The Connecticut and Rhode Island colonies prohibited further importation of slaves.
May 4, 1776: The colony declared its independence.
1776-1779: Newport was occupied by the British.
1778: Generals John Sullivan and LaFayette won a partial victory, but failed to oust the British.
1779: British forces evacuated Rhode Island in October of the Revolutionary War.
1780-1781: French troops under General Rochambeau were stationed in RI.
1782: Census taken; population 52,347.
1784: Emancipation act passed providing for gradual abolition of slavery. All children born after March 1, 1784, were free.
1786: Farmers struck against merchants who have refused to accept the depreciated paper money.
Statehood, May 29, 1790 (13th of the original 13 states to ratify the Constitution).
1790: The first successful U.S. cotton mill established by Samuel Slater and David Wilkinson.
1812: Rhode Island refused to participate in the War of 1812.
1840: Population over 100,000.
1841: Providence lawyer Thomas Wilson Dorr founded a People's Party to liberalize the Rhode Island charter of 1663. He submitted a new, liberal constitution to extend suffrage in the state to those who didn't own property.
1842: Dorr's Rebellion in Rhode Island forces the state's conservatives to abolish the Charter of 1663 and expand suffrage.
1843: Present state constitution was adopted.
1877: State Flag established.
1897: New State Flag adopted.
1910: Population over 540,000.
1975: Independence from Greece
2009: Population: 1,433,636
2010: Application to AIN

Culture: Very similar to Turc/Cyprus/Mediteranean/Greek Cheeky/Razz Nothing very special.

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Rhodesteaser

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) 36233627

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) 54485946

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) 27069746

3 more pics will come soon! Cheeky/Razz

Last edited by Blakeway on 21st June 2010, 21:17; edited 2 times in total
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Empty Re: Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes)

Post by Guest 7th June 2010, 01:15

Was this become your dependency?

Back to top Go down

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Empty Re: Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes)

Post by Thomas 7th June 2010, 10:36

Nice work Blakeway.

Checklist

A minimum of seven in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation

A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style

A realistic size and population of your nation
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content, as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

A custom terrain mod
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
Attention to detail

A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees

Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

Last edited by Thomas on 12th June 2010, 19:23; edited 4 times in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th June 2010, 21:56

Thomas wrote:Nice work Blakeway.

A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation (unless the picture below the flag is the coat of arms...)

A type of government that again matches your CJ style - no mention of the type of Government

a) It is.
b) I said it: Principality of Rhodes

Thanks Cheeky/Razz

976: It's not a dep... I'll run Lanaya and Rhodes independently but both of them.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th June 2010, 01:08

What? Both? I think you have one more, werent you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th June 2010, 18:06

Okay then Julien, I'll change that one for you. Smile
As soon as you have at least 3 more pictures, this can go to voting.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 8th June 2010, 19:57

Of course it can be a AIN member, it is beautiful!(My opinion) But Blake you have only 4 images. LOL
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 8th June 2010, 22:09

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) 4cc4

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) 576d

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) 6967

These are the 3 more pics Cheeky/Razz More infos to be added soon! :cheers:
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th June 2010, 22:17

As soon as you want this to be put to vote, I'll do it. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 8th June 2010, 22:28

Not now porfavor Cheeky/Razz TY!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 8th June 2010, 22:31

It all looks too similar in my opinion... It's like it's just a giant blob of those orange roofed buildings. Cheeky/Razz
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th June 2010, 01:04

It's nearly like Lanaya IMHO. Later I might have similarity between ERC and SL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 9th June 2010, 09:10

One thing I would suggest is, looking on Google, Rhodes is much more mountainous than you have here - I know it's quite hard to build things on hilly terrain, but it would be much more realistic to the location. Plus I'm sure you could include some more modern buildings, such as those shown here in the village of Lindos. Looking at some of the information of Rhodes Island, there is quite a variety of architecture, not just the traditional Mediterranean townhouse/apartment style you have here - there are a lot of whitewashed villas and things.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 9th June 2010, 21:57

I know, thanks guys Cheeky/Razz What I showed was only the old town of Rhodes City. More is comming soon without those roofs that you hate 976 for some reason and personnally, how could this looks like Lanaya?
Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Wonder_4

Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) RhodosStadtzentrum1

Thomas:
Approved : Junior Membership | Πριγκιπάτο της Ρόδου (Principality of Rhodes) Rhodes-map-island Yeah, but I showed only old town of Rhodes City. Thanks for your suggestion!

More to be showed soon, that's why I didn't wanted the pool now Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th June 2010, 06:35

Okay, it far with Lanaya. Neat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 10th June 2010, 16:57

Okay dokey Julien, just let us know whenever you're ready. It looks great so far. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 10th June 2010, 20:51

Looks great, just tell us when you want us to start voting Smile
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 10th June 2010, 22:00

I did some modifications, I'm ready now Laugh TY
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 11th June 2010, 05:28

Ok, then. You can start voting. Poll is up.

I say YES, though there is some room for improvement.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 11th June 2010, 05:29

I don't see a poll.

I'll say YES
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 11th June 2010, 05:31

Just give it a refresh Smile
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 11th June 2010, 09:16

Ναί!
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 11th June 2010, 18:06

i vote yes
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 12th June 2010, 18:58

With 9 votes for it, is this approved?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next