AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler

+16
Liberater444
Cyclone-1001
Sky Guy
anarchy0029
Spy9600
Tyler
Matt
woodb3kmaster
Aleks
Neil
Bruce
Peter
Thomas
Blakeway4
Wacky32
K50 Dude
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should New Chandler be accepted into the AIN?

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Vote_lcap100%Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 18 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Vote_lcap0%Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Empty Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler

Post by K50 Dude 25th July 2010, 17:27

I was looking around for a welcome therad, but I didn't find one, so first of all, let me introduce myself.

I am K50 Dude. I am K50 Dude (or k50dude) on Simtropolis, SimSports, CSGforums, Simmania. I also have an account on SC4Devotion and SimPeg however I do not use the forums, only the exchanges.

I have been deciding between the AFDES, SCJU, and the AIN, on which union fits my country, the Republic of New Chandler, the best. I have looked at the SCJU for a very long time, however, the rules seemed a little too strict for a video game once I looked recently. Plus, with most of the SCJU being in Europe, I felt that my tropical country, New Chandler, might feel a little out of place. So today, I am applying for Junior Membership within the AIN.

Official Name: Republic of New Chandler
Common Name: New Chandler
Motto: Brave and Bold
Region Population: still building (I have planned it to be about 5,000,000)
Capital City (and largest city): New Chandler (population: 1,500,000)
Second Largest City: Rockaway (population: 800,000)
Demonym: New Chandlerite
Time Zone: GMT -6
Government: Presidential Republic.
Current President: Kyle Johansen
Vice President: Carlos Cruz
Websites: .co.nc
Calling Code: 480
Drives on the: right

New Chandler has only been in the forums since July 7, 2010, however, it has already had major international success by hosting the 15TH ISC session. New Chandler is planning to bid for the Lower 20 World Cup and the November Simlympics as well. New Chandler is also hosting the final leg of the torch relay for the coming Simlympics in AIN nation Petrova.

Here is my flag. I currently do not have a coat of arms, I saw someone here who made a pretty good one though, but if somebody did want to make one it would be greatly appreciated. Cheeky/Razz
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler 91403ee6

All of these pictures have been previously took, so some may have headers or footers Wink

The Dubai Towers over East La Brea in the pouring rain (the effects aren't too good, I know).
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler 446d9fa4

A church in East La Brea
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler 248b24b0

La Brea Community College
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler D9288691

Albert Park
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler B4e2b08a

New Chandler Medical University
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Ddf32126

Transcendenta International Airport.
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler F2a471db

Downtown Winchester
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler D69f440a

Winchester Garden, Downtown Winchester
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler 131f2e4a

Roseburgh
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler 6fc96cca

Embarcadero District
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler E9d84651

What do you think?
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler

Post by Wacky32 25th July 2010, 17:34

K50, good to see ya lad! Laugh Cheeky/Razz 8)
Wacky32
Wacky32
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler

Post by Blakeway4 25th July 2010, 17:34

Welcome! Laugh

K50, this is very good, let see the checklist!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th July 2010, 18:56

Oh wow - this is a very good application. Could I ask where you got the quarter-circle buildings in the medical university from? They're really nice.

I'll do the checklist later, since you're still trying to get the coat of arms. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 25th July 2010, 19:01

Thomas wrote:Oh wow - this is a very good application. Could I ask where you got the quarter-circle buildings in the medical university from? They're really nice.
They are from BriPizza's site, which can be found http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/index.html. It is in Japanese so you may have a little trouble finding it. It is actually an elementary school if that helps you with your search. Spend some time at this website though, you can find a lot of good stuff. I found a really cool station Cheeky/Razz
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler Fdf5f66b
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 25th July 2010, 19:11

Hiya K50 dude! Welcome to AIN, I know you from SS Smile

The intro thread is here: http://www.aoin.eu/admissions-desk-f58/introduction-thread-t1325.htm

I love your application, and hosting the ISC Session is a biggie because it shows that you are able to host and participate in events, one thing that I look for when making my decision. After majority of the union members say their opinions, on what you need to fix and such, a requirements checklist will be made 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th July 2010, 19:11

Oh wow, that's amazing. You also seem really helpful - which will definitely help with your application. The images are great - you're very talented.

How active do you think you'll be?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 25th July 2010, 19:14

Nice work! I think this will be an easy yes from me once the poll is up and the coat of arms is made. Good job, K50!
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 25th July 2010, 19:24

Thanks everyone! I just doodled up a terrible Coat of Arms, but it will have to do for now Cheeky/Razz here it is:
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler 9f49212a
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th July 2010, 19:26

Ooh, that coat of arms is nice!
Just a quick note before the checklist, you need a map of your country's location. Take a look at the other prerequisites here:

https://aoin.darkbb.com/admissions-desk-f58/member-application-rules-and-guidelines-t2245.htm

Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 25th July 2010, 19:37

EDIT: Who makes the poll? and Who types up the checklist?

Oh good lord I had it all ready 😢 totally forgot about it. Brain fart :geek: here you go Thomas, my bad.

By the way, the climate: Rain season is May to November, Dry season is November to May. Smile
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler 720423a8
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th July 2010, 19:51

The checklist will go up when you say that your application is completed, and one of the admins will do it for you.
Then, if you have all the essential prerequisites, and at least 4 of the optionals, it will go to voting.

Interesting location too. Just check you have all the essential prerequisites - detailed history, etc. The images are great though - if it was just judged on them you'd go through with flying colours.

Good luck! Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 25th July 2010, 23:53

A few historical facts...
New Chandler was first discovered by Spanish conquistadors in the 1700's. It was when Mexico and the United States gained independence when the area now known as New Chandler got extremely popular, as people from the two countries founded the independent nation of New Ashton in 1896. Eventually, New Ashton would be renamed to New Chandler only four years later at the turn of the century (1900). New Chandler today is the largest and most sophisticated nation in Middle America, with the largest city having a metropolitan population of about 2,000,000 New Chandlerites. It is a business and agriculture hub, and an environmental leader, with more than 30% of the country federally protected.

HDI-0.951 (19th in the world)
GDP-38,400 (18TH in the world)
National Anthem-Chandler March (I do a little bit of composing, so I will present this to you when it's done... It might be a while though Wink)
Climate-Tropical (rainy from May to November, sunny from November to May).
Languages-English (official), Spanish (secondary)
Other stuff is at the top of the page.

The New Chandler City Journal can be read at Simtropolis (the old and the new section), SimSports, Simmania, and the CSGforums. Smile I have a custom terrain mod. I do not yet have a custom water mod, I am still looking for a good one. I also have several custom trees, as well as the NAM.

With that all said and done, New Chandler's application for Junior Membership has concluded.
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 26th July 2010, 00:05

Great! But in my opinion, there should be a bit more history...
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 01:10

Julien wrote:Great! But in my opinion, there should be a bit more history...
I will ponder that thought Smile

When do I get a checklist?
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th July 2010, 01:48

Wait the admin to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 26th July 2010, 02:04

I'll do it, give me a sec Smile

Essential Prerequisities
A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style
A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

Supplementary Prerequisites
A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN (He is an active contributor at SS, I can vouch for him Smile )
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th July 2010, 02:22

It seems you need to post more nation history.

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 26th July 2010, 02:27

I would have to say this is one of the best looking applications we have had. Fair play to you. 👍
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 26th July 2010, 02:29

Wacky32
Wacky32
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th July 2010, 02:37

I already see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 26th July 2010, 02:56

Oh, ok! Smile
Wacky32
Wacky32
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 03:30

I will changeEDIT: expand on the history. So I can't get by with the current flag, right? (if yes, what do I take out? the words?)
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 26th July 2010, 04:03

Nah, the flag is fine k50, but its the lettering in the middle that makes its a bit unprofessional. Kinda looks more like a US state flag rather than a country flag. 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 05:56

Peter wrote:Nah, the flag is fine k50, but its the lettering in the middle that makes its a bit unprofessional. Kinda looks more like a US state flag rather than a country flag. 👍
US flags were kind of my inspiration... Cheeky/Razz oops. Do I need to change anything on it? (I would really like the Brave and Bold to stay, if I do need to change things 👍

Also Peter, here is a much better history...
“The area now recognized as New Chandler was first discovered in 1502 by Christopher Columbus. With little oversight from the Spanish Crown, The Ashton Kingdom, the name of the country from 1821 to 1896, declared independence with the rest of Middle America, and in 1851, was recognized as an independent country. The country had a hereditary kingdom government under the control of the De La Brea family until 1896, when Alejandro De La Brea III reformed the government into a more sophisticated republic. The country was renamed “New Chandler” after the first settlement, Chandler (now also renamed “New Chandler City”). Over time, New Chandler would draw much international attention to itself as a tourist destination (New Chandler has thousands of hotels, and New Chandler Airways operates daily service to five continents), environmental standard-setter (New Chandler’s rainforests are protected, which is 30% of the country), and high-tech business hub (High-Tech industry around the country and seven cities with modern skyscrapers should prove this). New Chandler was also brought into the spotlight in 2010 when the host of AIN nation Petrova was decided in what was claimed as one of the best ISC sessions ever by SimSports."

:!!:
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next