AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler

+16
Liberater444
Cyclone-1001
Sky Guy
anarchy0029
Spy9600
Tyler
Matt
woodb3kmaster
Aleks
Neil
Bruce
Peter
Thomas
Blakeway4
Wacky32
K50 Dude
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should New Chandler be accepted into the AIN?

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 18 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 06:34

Excuse the double-post, but I want this to be heard:
Bring on the Checklist!
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler

Post by Guest 26th July 2010, 06:46

Relax dude, I'm not sure there is an admin online ATM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th July 2010, 11:35

Double-posting is not allowed, only in your CJ. Since you're new, I'll just give you a warning for now - please don't do it again.

The history is certainly improving - I'll move it up to yellow for you, but it needs a bit more detail and information about how cities developed and things. Take a look at some of the other accepted applications for a guide to improving your history.

Essential Prerequisities
A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style
A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

Supplementary Prerequisites
A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN (He is an active contributor at SS, I can vouch for him Smile )
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

Last edited by Thomas on 26th July 2010, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 26th July 2010, 17:37

Welcome K50. Just a question, does your country have a national air carrier?
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 18:23

Thomas wrote:Double-posting is not allowed, only in your CJ. Since you're new, I'll just give you a warning for now - please don't do it again.
My bad :oops:

The history is certainly improving - I'll move it up to yellow for you, but it needs a bit more detail and information about how cities developed and things.
I can do that Smile

How do I make the flag issue yellow to green though? I am assuming remove the words, but does that mean all of them, just a few of them :?: If that is the case though, can I still pass with the "Brave and Bold" ribbon? What should I change on my flag?

The following was edited in...
aleks wrote:Welcome K50. Just a question, does your country have a national air carrier?
New Chandler Airways.
Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 13954ab5
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 26th July 2010, 18:30

Well I don't see any reasons to change the flag if the seal in the middle is your coat of arms also Cheeky/Razz Great airport and it'll be nice to see some water to know if you have a custom water mod... Cheeky/Razz
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th July 2010, 18:30

I'd say keep the ribbon with Brave and Bold. What's the white star for?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 18:37

Julien wrote:Well I don't see any reasons to change the flag if the seal in the middle is your coat of arms also Cheeky/Razz
Thats why I wanted to keep the middle Cheeky/Razz
Great airport and it'll be nice to see some water to know if you have a custom water mod... Cheeky/Razz
I will have one by the time I apply for a higher up position later. I am still looking for the most suitable one for me. EDIT: I do not have a custom water mod if thats what you are wondering. Picture to prove it (look on the first page as well Wink)Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 E9d84651
Thomas wrote:I'd say keep the ribbon with Brave and Bold. What's the white star for?
I had this all written down on my old computer, but I think it meant productivity. I don't care for it too much if you want to ix-nay it.

Before I make the new flag, tell me how this sounds.
Green and Blue bars on flag stay
Great Seal in the middle stay
The gold middle itself (the circle part)stay
The white star remove
The words "New Chandler"remove
The words "The Green Land of Dreams"remove
The words "Brave and Bold"stay

Sound good?
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 26th July 2010, 18:47

Yeah Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th July 2010, 18:50

Sounds good - I think the white star should go.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 19:14

Approved: Junior Membership | New Chandler - Page 2 E4146432

Smile
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th July 2010, 19:22

Edited the above checklist, once you've done the history improvement it can go for voting. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 19:30

“The area now recognized as New Chandler was first discovered in 1502 by Christopher Columbus. With little oversight from the Spanish Crown, The Ashton Kingdom, the name of the country from 1821 to 1896, declared independence with the rest of Middle America, and in 1851, was recognized as an independent country. The country had a hereditary kingdom government under the control of the De La Brea family out of the capital city, Ashton, until 1896, when Alejandro De La Brea III reformed the government into a more sophisticated republic. By then, the country was at the size it was today, even though over 60% of it was unexplored. The only cities in the Ashton Kingdom were Ashton, Roseburgh, and Chandler, and they were all somewhat far apart (Between Ashton and Chandler is now Andersen, between Roseburgh and Ashton is now Winchester, and between Roseburgh and Chandler is now La Brea). The country was renamed “New Chandler” after the first settlement, Chandler (now also renamed “New Chandler City”). New Chandler would make settlements in present-day Rockaway, Compton, and Sophanem in the first ten years of it being a Republic, and then, Chandler, Roseburgh, and Ashton would all be connected by other cities (see above). A road system in a perfect grid around the city (Google Earth Phoenix Arizona and you will know what that means) and a Subway system would help keep everything in the city connected as well. Over time, New Chandler would draw much international attention to itself as a tourist destination (New Chandler has thousands of hotels, and New Chandler Airways operates daily service to five continents), environmental standard-setter (New Chandler’s rainforests are protected, which is 30% of the country, and much of New Chandler's workforce uses the expansive subway system), and high-tech business hub (High-Tech industry around the country and seven cities with modern skyscrapers should prove this). New Chandler was also brought into the spotlight in 2010 when the host of AIN nation Petrova was decided in what was claimed as one of the best ISC sessions ever by SimSports."

I added in a little more insight on the cities Smile I would be happy to add more if needed Wink
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th July 2010, 19:33

I think that seems good - time to vote! Smile

Yes from me.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 26th July 2010, 19:37

Looks nice! I vote yes.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 26th July 2010, 20:03

Unfortunatly you've got a No from me.

Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 26th July 2010, 20:21

I say "Heck Yeah" Wink
Wacky32
Wacky32
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 20:30

Thomas wrote:I think that seems good - time to vote! Smile

Yes from me.
Thanks! Smile
ComputerGuy wrote:Looks nice! I vote yes.
Thanks man!
Julien wrote:Unfortunatly you've got a No from me....Kidding! You've got a YES
If you think this is a laughing matter Julien, our justice department would be happy to... negotiate with you Cheeky/Razz :twisted:
Wacky32 wrote:I say "Heck Yeah"
Are you sure you can even vote Wacky? Cheeky/Razz Thanks anyway though Smile
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 26th July 2010, 20:40

I voted YES Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 26th July 2010, 20:47

I cant vote, but I say yeah. Laugh
Wacky32
Wacky32
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 20:50

Wacky32 wrote:I cant vote, but I say yeah. Laugh
ooooh gotchya
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 26th July 2010, 21:20

Yes from me.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 26th July 2010, 21:22

Yes from me too Cheeky/Razz
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th July 2010, 21:26

5 more to go. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 26th July 2010, 21:31

woo hoo! Smile
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next