AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcacia to leave AIN

+12
ForthWall
Aranho
MiguelLeal
Matt
Kevin
Tyler
Saathoff
Liberater444
Thomas
Edge
Blakeway4
Daniel
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arcacia to leave AIN - Page 4 Empty Re: Arcacia to leave AIN

Post by Thomas 2nd July 2010, 15:04

I don't think it is you...
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 2nd July 2010, 15:39

Really? Lets see...
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 2nd July 2010, 15:44

Okay, I'll tell you. I didn't want to bring this up before my last day because I wanted to avoid a very public and ugly fight, which will no doubt ensue after this. However, since a few of you are worried that it might be you, which it isn't, I'll spill the beans.

It's Nate. We don't get along. We've never really gotten along. There have been times when he's had me pulling out my hair.

The rest of you are aces in my books. I thoroughly enjoy your company and I don't want to leave because of the good group you are.

But me and Nate have butted heads on more than one occasion. Perhaps the most visible was when I was organising the Alliance Cup and accused of bias. My refusal to back down on the issue was clearly too much for him and he went so far as to threaten a boycott.

More recently was the AIN Games. I, despite being the host, have had nothing to do with them. Originally, I was supposed to post the results. That changed within a week of the games opening. I didn't argue, because I didn't see the point in arguing. Then, after Nate decided he didn't want to do it anymore, he didn't so much as ask me if I wanted to take over.

Most recently was the PM he sent me: "Why don't you just leave now, then?"

If there is one thing I can't stand it's a bully. Nate Saathoff is a bully.

Let me just say this: I don't want to leave. I feel I have to. If I don't, the situation will continue to deteriorate. For me, the fun has well and truly been sucked out.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 2nd July 2010, 15:49

NATE? NATE SAATHOFF? :shock:
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 2nd July 2010, 15:57

Damn it... I was right. :x
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd July 2010, 15:59

I though it was Aleks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 2nd July 2010, 16:05

No. Despite Arcacia's disgust at Aleksania's actions, that was pure roleplay. On a person to person level, me and Aleks have always been friends.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 2nd July 2010, 16:15

danspaceman wrote:Perhaps the most visible was when I was organising the Alliance Cup and accused of bias. My refusal to back down on the issue was clearly too much for him and he went so far as to threaten a boycott.

Wasn't all this determined by a dice?

danspaceman wrote:If there is one thing I can't stand it's a bully. Nate Saathoff is a bully.

I don't feel it. But then, all this can be sorted out. If he were to really understand what happens on your side, he wouldn't have started all that. I think its a real waste to see you go, perhaps forever, all because of Saathoff. Its losing 30+ friends for the sake of shrugging off one. I meant to say this in my first post, but was too stunned. Everybody has their differences, in terms of thought, action and process. It seems there may be some friction between you two, but i think with good dialogue without mudslinging, accusations and all that will be beneficial to improving relationships and ties. Remember its about peace (AIN) and if we were to end up like this: :starwars:, then I think there is a truly valid reason to leave as well.

danspaceman wrote:Let me just say this: I don't want to leave. I feel I have to. If I don't, the situation will continue to deteriorate. For me, the fun has well and truly been sucked out.

There's always the elections. If you think you can do a better job than Saathoff, go for it!

danspaceman wrote:Most recently was the PM he sent me: "Why don't you just leave now, then?"

Ouch :~XC:
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 2nd July 2010, 16:24

Guys, let's try not to start a fight here. I don't want to see any other member leave now. Those are hard times for AIN and I strongly believe we should stay united.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 2nd July 2010, 16:31

If I thought dialogue would help, I'd go for it. Frankly, I don't believe it would do any good.

Yes, the Alliance Cup was worked out my dice. The accusations of bias came before that, when I was doing the initial rankings to determine the top 8. I used the results of the Winter Simlympics and AIN Winter Games. It was basic mathematics that determined the top 8.

I don't want to go. I can't stress that enough. I just see no point in staying.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 2nd July 2010, 16:34

Alright. If we can't keep you, we'll have to let you go. Its what we have to do. Sad
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd July 2010, 16:35

I just realized LoN founded after a conflict here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 2nd July 2010, 18:27

danspaceman wrote: Most recently was the PM he sent me: "Why don't you just leave now, then?"
I don't want to start a fight either but this comment really makes nate look bad... He wasn't saying this in a "I don't want you here leave now." context... It was more of a "If you're going to be more unactive and you can't stand being here leave now." I just wanted to get that across, I really don't want you to leave Dan, I personally even talked to Nate and he doesn't want you to leave either, nobody does. But if you absolutely have to it's understandable. Good luck man. Smile
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 2nd July 2010, 18:37

Okay let me figure out where im going to start. Ill start at your hockey cup.

Reason i was mad. And im pretty sure Tyler was too. Was the fact you kind of ignored the AIN ranking system. Which was issued to make everything more fair. I didn't have a problem with your system it was the fact you ignored the in-place ranking system. Your hockey cup ran very well. And i was impressed by it i must say.

Secondly. I realize i said you were going to post results for the AIN Games. I understand that. But it was changed. You had no objection so i assumed you were fine with it. When you dont object i can't assume you disagree. Every AIN Games as been posted by the committee since it was created. Which dates back to last November. Im not saying this couldn't change. I think it should. It was just how it worked.

Thirdly. I told you to leave AIN. But you took it the wrong way. I was telling you this cause what was really the point of being here partially inactive and can't stand being here. Like Tyler said. And yes ive talked to Tyler. I dont want you to leave. In my eyes your a friend. Maybe in your eyes in not one to you. But you are to me. Truly your prolly one of the best members to walk through the doors of AIN. figuratively speaking. You had an amazing CJ and your were great at roleplaying. "Dan the lawsuit man" great name. You brought heavy roleplaying to us. Which was outstanding and i loved it.

Lastly if you still wish to leave so be it. I wish you luck wherever you end up on SC4. I want you to stay. But its up to you

Good Luck Dan Arcacia to leave AIN - Page 4 Icon_smile
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 2nd July 2010, 20:15

Someone else used the name! Yay!
Bye Dan the Lawsuit Man! Good luck with whatever you do after the AIN!
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 2nd July 2010, 20:39

Really don't want you to leave man. I think we can work this out.

What ever you end up doing, good luck 8)
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 3rd July 2010, 03:15

KILL NATE SAATHOFF!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

haha kidding. But on a more serious note, please don't leave just because of one member. Just go out and have some space, then whenever you are ready, come back. We will be right here waiting Smile But I do understand your situation. I'm a member at this one forum where things tend to get heated a lot and this scenario happens all the time and people leave before things get ugly. So I commend you on that maturity and respect. It really saddens everyone, but if you feel that it is best for you, I respect your decision Dan. But please dont leave!
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd July 2010, 03:56

Please dont!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 3rd July 2010, 21:00

There are things I wanna say, but I'll use that as my last resort.

But for now, Dan, please don't leave. It's only one person. But if your mind is settled in leaving, I can't force you then. but still, please don't leave. It's good to have your country [Arcacia] to go "against" Fornax. Cheeky/Razz
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd July 2010, 23:38

Well, as the Head of Foreign Affairs and Internal Relations around AIN and of course myself, I'd say this:

My job is to get AIN members get along with other members. As I see, you don't get along with Nate. I can't force you to stay, no one can force you to stay. But I'd like to. We'll miss you if you do so. There will always be ways to talk to resolve problems. Even if it is long and that you already tried and it didn't work, you can restart! An alliance is not just only one member, it is a community, a "family". There were always quarrels in families or organizations, and there always will be. You can not please everyone, you can not do everything perfectly or have the same opinions as others, that's the beauty of the human being, his ability to love and hate. I am sure that you and Nate are going to get alont with each other one day! It's insured. I will not beg you to stay or even pray, you're not religious and me either, but it'll be great if you were staying. Maybe you say: "How would I look if I stay after announcing my departure?" A coward? Of course not. You would be reasonable and kind! Wink

Don't worry, be happy!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 4th July 2010, 09:42

Wow. I didn't expect this. I didn't expect such a show of support.

I've been going over this in my mind for the last couple of days and I can't reconcile my decision to leave with what I want, nor what's best for Arcacia.

The fact is that the AIN has become a part of Arcacia's story. A big part. Without the AIN, I don't think I'd be motivated enough to keep that story going. The idea of starting over in a new union is just exhausting.

Nate - I'm sorry for my blind-side. We should have talked this out privately. However, I would like to say a couple of things. Regarding the Alliance Cup, the reason for ignoring the rankings was that it was designed as a stand-alone tournament. Our argument about that was what led to the second situation. The reason I wasn't more vocal about the AIN Games was because I saw no point in being more vocal. And yes, perhaps I did take your telling me to leave the wrong way, but you have to accept that in the heat of the moment, it was a bit cutting.

That all being said, it's obvious that the AIN as a whole values Arcacia as much as Arcacia values the AIN. I honestly didn't think that was the case. How wrong I was.

So, if it's okay with you all, I would like to announce a reversal of the decision to leave. Arcacia and Lycanthia will remain as members of the AIN. The value in staying vastly outweighs the reasons fro leaving.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th July 2010, 09:45

I'm very, very glad to hear that Dan. Very glad. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down