AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Generalisation Thread

+7
Forsma
K50 Dude
MiguelLeal
Kevin
Blakeway4
Liberater444
Thomas
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Generalisation Thread Empty Immigrazione

Post by Thomas 13th July 2010, 21:30

FREE TRAVEL AREA - OPEN BORDER

Rhodes

SECONDARY BORDER - Citizens of the following countries require only a valid passport to enter Cattala and only require a visa if they intend to live, work or study for more than six months, visas last up to five years:

All Alliance of Independent Nations countries, continent of Europe

VISA WAIVER - Citizens of the following countries require only a valid passport to enter Cattala and may stay for up to two months, but require a valid visa to work or study, these can only be obtained through an Immigration Centre in Cattala or from an embassy/consulate in an immigrants home nation:

Switzerland
All Alliance of Independent Nations countries, outside of Europe
All European Union Nations

VISA - Citizens of all other countries require a valid passport and valid visa to enter Cattala. Tourist visas are valid for one month from date of issue, tourist visa carriers must leave Cattala within this time and tourist visas cannot be renewed. Work/study visas are valid for four years from date of issue and can only be renewed by presenting oneself to an immigration court.
If you overstay, you are either immediately deported, depending on the country you originate from, or go to court and face a minimum sentence of 4 months in prison and 100 hours of community service.

Last edited by Thomas on 14th July 2010, 17:13; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

The Generalisation Thread Empty Re: The Generalisation Thread

Post by Liberater444 13th July 2010, 22:08

wow! nice job. One suggestion, for the renewing of the Work/study visa in the last section, I would recommend rephrashing "tribunal" as "board." "Tribunal" usually used if one is in trouble, as in a military tribunal.
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 13th July 2010, 22:59

Well if he's a illigal immigrant, he'll be in trouble so I guess it's ok to keep tribunal Cheeky/Razz
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 13th July 2010, 23:39

haha no, I meant:
Work/study visas are valid for four years from date of issue and can only be renewed by presenting oneself to an immigration tribunal.
would more realistic to say board.
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

The Generalisation Thread Empty The Cattala Airport Project

Post by Thomas 29th July 2010, 13:47

The Cattala Airport Project

I've never actually built a custom airport before on Simcity 4 in my life, and with Geoff and Kevin thankfully taking sign-ups and stuff off my hands, all I have to do is build some airports. Easier said than done. Cheeky/Razz

Here is the first image of Lord Celestine Airport - this is not the international airport, more of a secondary airport serving just the capital city. Smile

The Generalisation Thread CelesteAIR-01

Any tips and opinions would be greatly appreciated, as I've said before I'm a complete newbie at airport building. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 29th July 2010, 14:00

Looking good! Although I would prefer if you used the RMIP instead...

I also can't help but notice the railway intersections
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 29th July 2010, 15:03

I'm changing the railway very soon, I'm going to have a full update based around the national railway. Smile

Hmm, I'll take a look at the RMIP - I've never downloaded it before, so I have no idea how to use it, or what it actually does.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 29th July 2010, 15:10

RMIP can be used for U-Drive-it. Also, all the lots for realistic airplanes (like A330s, 747s etc) are based on RMIP Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 29th July 2010, 15:15

Ah, okay. Thanks Kevin, I'll take a look. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th July 2010, 16:56

Looks decent. I suggest you put some markings in the runway.Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 29th July 2010, 20:24

yeah. RMIP is what I used. Although i think some of the dependency links are deadlinks, just an FYI.

EDIT: For the Gate/Jet lots
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

The Generalisation Thread Empty Catherina, National Personification

Post by Thomas 27th August 2010, 12:42

Catherina: Personification of Cattala

Across the globe, national personifications mean many different things to the residents of that nation. For many, they symbolise the imperial past of days when their nation was one of the most powerful in the world. For others, they symbolise propaganda campaigns that tricked millions of patriotic men and women into fighting. Cattala’s national personification is Catherina (Cat-terr-ena). In this thread, we’re going to take a look at Catherina’s many different forms throughout her “life”.

The Generalisation Thread Child

Catherina is shown as a child many times, mainly highlighting her youth and mild innocence within the global stage – Cattala had a miniscule navy and encountered other nations rarely between 1000-1800 AD, and the country remained small for much of the 19th century when under imperial rule. This image is one of the many to feature Catherina wearing blue, which would later become the national colours, and is also one of the more widely recognised portraits because it shows the young girl holding a doll of a similarly-dressed woman very tightly, which symbolised how Cattala held onto its British, imperial roots long after the Empire had been replaced by the Italians.

The Generalisation Thread Princess

Some portraits also portrayed Catherina as a young woman, which kept that sense of innocence, mildness and youth but also showed a sense of upcoming growth, confidence and wisdom. This personification was most popular during the booming years of British rule, as Cattala grew rapidly and became more prominent within the Mediterranean. This image is commonly used because it shows Cattala moving away from the baby blue into a stronger brown and slightly red-tinted colour style, which gives you the impression of a more passionate nation, with a growing fiery streak and a more mature image. However the innocence of childhood remains in the eyes and the face, which reminds you of the need for protection and guidance still.

The Generalisation Thread Queen

The most expensive painting of Catherina is stored in the House of Celestine Art Museum, and features her wearing a huge royal robe standing in a grand palace. It is meant to symbolise her during the peak of British imperialism in the country, when the economy was booming along with the wealth and population of the country. She is wearing a typical English gown for the era, and is resting her arm on a blue chair, which some say could symbolise her actually being a very British woman, leaning on old Cattala, symbolised by the very old-looking chair and curtains.

The Generalisation Thread Middle-aged

This image is more unique than the others that are shown here – this was produced just a few weeks before the Italian takeover of Cattala to show a more mature Catherina moving away from British rule into a more defined and independent style, which is shown through the reduced number of similarities with British fashion at the time and the artist showing the woman moving to the right of the portrait, away from the norm. However just after the Italian rulers took Cattala, the artist changed the image to a green colour and darkened the areas around the woman, which makes her appear to be more Italian than before, much less British and also attempting to walk through darkness and an uncertain future, away from the light of the imperial past.

The Generalisation Thread Widow

This painting was produced during the Second World War, and shows Catherina as a frail elderly woman. During this period, public morale and esteem was at a low, the population was impoverished and had fallen drastically to its lowest numbers in 200 years. Much of the country was destroyed from bombing raids, the Nazis and Italian fascists had turned hundreds of acres of land and entire towns into military bases.
Catherina holds her rosary close to her heart and has a determined face, which highlights how many Cattalians clung onto their faith for survival, and trusted in the Lord. In the mirror you can see nurses treating women and children, with Catherina looking on, as though she is praying for the protection of the children of her country during this time of tragedy and war.

Last edited by Thomas on 10th April 2011, 11:59; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

The Generalisation Thread Empty The Generalisation Thread

Post by Thomas 27th August 2010, 19:06

First up - number plates!

The Generalisation Thread NumberPlates

More might be coming, I may do some historic ones or something. Smile

Last edited by Thomas on 28th August 2010, 22:38; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 27th August 2010, 19:12

Like it!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 27th August 2010, 19:15

Talk about detail! although your last "random number" is a letter Cheeky/Razz
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 27th August 2010, 19:17

Oops - I meant letter, not number. LOL.
And thanks for the comments guys. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 27th August 2010, 20:01

Man, everyone is doing this LOL

Great Euro Plate Wink
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 27th August 2010, 20:05

:affraid:

It's not a Euro plate. There's no EU flag. It's a British-styled-but-made-better plate.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 27th August 2010, 20:06

I think that the plates should have AIN symbol.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 27th August 2010, 20:07

I might add that in later. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 27th August 2010, 20:12

Well the GB plate has a EU sign on it Thomas LOL Wink And it's the same style as France or Switzerland...

Lanaya won't add the AIN sign on its plates.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 27th August 2010, 20:42

That's because the UK sold out to Europe... but that's another argument for another day. Cheeky/Razz
I might add the AIN sign, but it's not hugely realistic, the only union in the world that has the flag of that union on member states vehicles is the EU, none of the others do.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 28th August 2010, 16:56

Nice plate Thomas!
Copyright Blakeway®️.:LOL!:
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

The Generalisation Thread Empty Police Vehicles

Post by Thomas 28th August 2010, 22:50

Now, having just done my fact book article, I'm going to show you one set of public sector, 2010, vehicles. The Police.

General Vehicles

The Generalisation Thread 2010-Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-Image-02-800

The Alfa Romeo Giulietta is a new supermini that is joining the Cattala Police this year. It will be used for General policing, such as visiting properties, travelling, unmarked policing and is an all-round police vehicle. An exclusive 5-door version for the police is in production, with the first cars arriving in Celeste this September. Soon they will be the face of the Cattala police force.

The Generalisation Thread 2011-Vauxhall-Astra-Sports-Tourer-body-588x441

The Vauxhall/Opel Astra ST is the second General car within the 2010 Cattala police force's arsenal. Set to be used mainly in suburban areas, the ST is fast, agile but also has 5 seats and lots of room for storage. An economical but fast diesel version is in production for the police.

More coming tomorrow. Smile

Last edited by Thomas on 1st September 2010, 09:59; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 28th August 2010, 23:15

That is a pretty nice convertible for a police car Cheeky/Razz nice idea though!
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next