AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal - Changing the article 5.0 of the Constitution

+9
MiguelLeal
Liberater444
Neil
Thomas
Kevin
emgmod
Jo
Daniel
Blakeway4
13 posters

Go down

Proposal - Changing the article 5.0 of the Constitution Empty Proposal - Changing the article 5.0 of the Constitution

Post by Blakeway4 11th October 2010, 01:32

AINERO Currency - 5.0

* 5.1 - The AINERO is the official currency of the Alliance of Independent Nations
* 5.2 - All Nations must accept the AINERO if a member of AIN
* 5.3 - The AINERO doesn't replace any national currency

I propose that the point 5.2 should be deleted. I never get the fact of forcing nations to accept the AINERO. It's not all members of the EU that accept the Euro Currency, for example... So why this?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Proposal - Changing the article 5.0 of the Constitution Empty Re: Proposal - Changing the article 5.0 of the Constitution

Post by Daniel 11th October 2010, 01:36

I agree with this. The AINERO isn't accepted in Arcacia, you must use the Arcacian or Australian Dollar. Arcacia only uses the AINERO to trade with other countries. Even then, it's a pain.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Proposal - Changing the article 5.0 of the Constitution Empty Re: Proposal - Changing the article 5.0 of the Constitution

Post by Jo 11th October 2010, 03:40

I agree it is unnecessary to have to do calculations between 2 sometimes 3 currencies.. When it would be easier to just do it against one.. The us dollar..
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 11th October 2010, 05:09

I got this quote from Nate on Skype on the original intent of 5.2:
Nate wrote:[Nations] must accept [the AINERO] as some form of currency, varying from full on national currency, to only for trade purposes

Because the AINERO is pegged to the US Dollar, I don't think there has to be a change for trading purposes. Dividing by 3 isn't that hard.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 11th October 2010, 05:18

I say :AINERO: be used only with international trade
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 11th October 2010, 16:53

I personally hate using the :AINERO: , because Cattala's Sterlina is pegged to the British Pound Sterling, which I then have to convert into USD and then into AINERO.

I would support the removal of section 5.2.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 11th October 2010, 22:03

Why not just abolish the Ainero all together and agree on a mutual [RL] currency for AIN government business (like the € or $)
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 12th October 2010, 00:28

I support the use of the AINERO.

The Tirnreich crossed over to use the AINERO when it was introduced, and it is the sole currency of our country. I find it easy as the sole currency, because for getting a real-world idea of the value of something, just multiply by 3 to get the dollar value.

I think we should all adopt the AINERO as the national currencies.
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 12th October 2010, 00:43

I think having the us dollar instead of the ainero would be better. With the ainero so countries have ridiculously high GDP figures which are unrealistic. Having it in us dollars would make it easier to keep the realism going because u can then gauge it against real figures. That way we can keep countries realism in check. We would be able to see how preposterous some figures are v the us GDP. Just my thoughts.
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 12th October 2010, 00:59

In some way, I agree with Neil. But the best solution for everyone is IMO to keep the AINERO but to delete the section 5.2 and have a stock exchange where we can see the different types of currencies and their values so it'll be easy to translate.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 12th October 2010, 16:51

I think we should have a Foreign Exchange Market, run by the Dept of Economy and Trades, where the AINERO is compared to all leading currencies (say the top ten?) and all AIN currencies.
Also, the AINERO shouldn't be so high to the USD, I'd recommend it being $2 an :AINERO: at the most.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 14th October 2010, 12:15

Very contradictory, I agree with the delete of the article *5.2.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 14th October 2010, 16:47

I'd say that an AINERO exchange place would be more efficient then abolishing the currency.

As for abolishing 5.2, I don't even understand what that does.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 14th October 2010, 16:56

I say keep AINERO, but don't force everyone to use it...
I will still use it.
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 14th October 2010, 18:52

^^Same as Spy9600. Smile
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 14th October 2010, 19:19

The same as Spy9600, i don't use AINERO only in special zones right now exept New Port, there are no country in Hiigaran Confederacy that use Ainero. But well we can keep ainero and use it.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 15th October 2010, 20:56

Keep the AINERO, but don't enforce the 5.2 rule. I also agree with the idea of USD 2 = AINERO 1. I also recommend having AEO as the three-letter currency code. AEO also sounds like AINERO, so it'll be easy for us to remember.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 5th January 2011, 21:26

Moving this to vote?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 5th January 2011, 22:56

um i think we've already established that the AINERO is staying as we had a vote not long ago on the new exchange rate system....
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 5th January 2011, 22:57

this isn't to remove the AINERO.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 5th January 2011, 23:05

Wats it about then ? We've set up a new exchange rate for the AINERO ?? plus the new constitution hasn't been ratified yet so i would suume that this is frozen until such time as the constitution is ratified
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 5th January 2011, 23:07

yes it has been, this has not been included in the new constitution
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 6th January 2011, 02:45

Julien wrote:AINERO Currency - 5.0

* 5.1 - The AINERO is the official currency of the Alliance of Independent Nations

I propose that the point 5.2 should be deleted. I never get the fact of forcing nations to accept the AINERO. It's not all members of the EU that accept the Euro Currency, for example... So why this?

This is what about, Jo.

Neil: I thought the constitution was finished? I'll wait then. But it has nothing to do with the AINERO exchange rate or remove it as you can see above...
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 6th January 2011, 12:01

Well, I will put this to vote because the constitution will be modificated. So the point is deleting the 5.2 article, right?
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th January 2011, 16:53

Voting on constitutional amendments is currently frozen due to the constitutional reform. It hasn't been ratified by members yet, so therefore isn't law yet. So this cannot be voted on.
I suggest you check the new constitution, see if it's mentioned in there, and if it isn't then obviously states can't be forced by the constitution to accept AINERO. Thus meaning that any vote on this is pointless.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down