AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic

+13
Gen. Leandro Lima
Spy9600
woodb3kmaster
hiigarar
MiguelLeal
emgmod
Evillions
Neil
Thomas
Forsma
Bruce
ForthWall
Luug
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should the Altai Republic become an associate member of the AIN?

Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic - Page 3 Vote_lcap100%Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic - Page 3 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 12 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic - Page 3 Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic

Post by Daniel 14th November 2010, 03:53

Voted

Correction: We have 29 member countries, not members. The number of votes required is 12.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic - Page 3 Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | New Altai Republic

Post by MiguelLeal 14th November 2010, 08:57

Voted.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 14th November 2010, 09:39

As Daniel says, it remains at 12 Yes votes needed. Otherwise it would become confusing.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 14th November 2010, 10:40

I say YES! and with this you are now a member of AIN. Congratulations :cheers:
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 14th November 2010, 10:44

Congrats! I meant to vote, but I was busy. :oops:
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 14th November 2010, 11:39

Congratulations!
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 14th November 2010, 12:56

Congrats!!!! Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 14th November 2010, 14:10

Congratulation! Welcome to AIN!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 14th November 2010, 16:51

Congrats!
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luug 14th November 2010, 21:03

Thank you all for your votes, this is definitely a day of celebration for all of us! I invite everyone to have a look get to know more about the New Altai Republic in its own city notebook section (located in Asia).
Luug
Luug
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 15th November 2010, 19:01

Points of Improvement

~ More Russian/custom content. Just keep going with it and you'll have an awesome application for membership.
~ Rural and inland images will look wonderful.
~ Show some rivers and mountainous areas in-game.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 15th November 2010, 22:38

Thomas wrote:Points of Improvement

~ More Russian/custom content. Just keep going with it and you'll have an awesome application for membership.

I'll expand some of the points a bit more...
-Again as I said, you need more Russian content because this had traces with the Soviet Union / Russia right? The best thing to do is block ALL maxis content because SC4 is an American game, not an International game. Therefore, you should have more W2Ws in your cities as well as Russian / Polish styled buildings. Like that link I gave to you, almost everyone in AIN loved it because there was no Maxis content and it had that Russian grity feeling. Not everything in the world is perfect, better yet. Nothing is perfect.

-Rural and inland images you gotta show more. Although you showed some rural, I felt that I needed more out of it. Show some hilly / natural landforms with farms. It would look much better than just a plain. Wink

I hope these points helped you! Laugh
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Luug 15th November 2010, 23:35

Thomas wrote:Points of Improvement

Thanks! I will definitely keep up the work and add custom content where I see it suitable. Also planning to go "back to rural" as that was my initial idea when I posted my application but then due to requests I was rushed into city development. I'll also try doing my best with planning and developing a mountainous region, it's just that I've created my current region based on the real elevation data (except it's about 0,2x the real size) (Barnaul in real life) and there are no single mountain in 200km. Cheeky/Razz

Evillions wrote:

I'll expand some of the points a bit more...
-Again as I said, you need more Russian content because this had traces with the Soviet Union / Russia right? The best thing to do is block ALL maxis content because SC4 is an American game, not an International game. Therefore, you should have more W2Ws in your cities as well as Russian / Polish styled buildings. Like that link I gave to you, almost everyone in AIN loved it because there was no Maxis content and it had that Russian grity feeling. Not everything in the world is perfect, better yet. Nothing is perfect.

-Rural and inland images you gotta show more. Although you showed some rural, I felt that I needed more out of it. Show some hilly / natural landforms with farms. It would look much better than just a plain. Wink

I hope these points helped you! Laugh
Thanks for the ideas! As said, I will definitely add more Russian content but I am not very keen on blocking all maxis content as I do like seeing some of the maxis buildings in my city, I think it's just a matter of placement and creativity (what do you think of my idea labelling the "typical" maxis medium-rise CO$$ building into a Muslim centre / hotel?).

I agree with you that the SBU city journal is fantastic piece of city journalism, but if you have also read about Simhottoddys comments, part of the CJ is also depict lost hope, failed plans and reality. It's actually quite the contrary to the New Altai Republic, which is full of hope and potential, there's a beautiful unspoiled nature waiting to be cherished and the life of the people, although not great, is constantly improving. Of course it's not perfect, but it's neither desperate. Also as far as I know I think Simhottoddy also makes some of his own lots, so he's not very limited on finding material for his cities. Cheeky/Razz

Now I don't want to flame you Evillions or anything, but I see you are keen to give advises and I appreciate that but I have actually planned this for a some time now (I think soon 1 year from the first idea of creating a Siberian Republic) and I can only advise everyone to sit back, relax, grab your popcorn and get ready to discover the true Altai. 8)
Luug
Luug
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3