AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania

+8
Thomas
Forsma
Daniel
Kevin
ForthWall
hiigarar
Blakeway4
will
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Meridiania's application be approved?

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Vote_lcap21%Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Vote_lcap79%Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 11 ]
Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Vote_lcap0%Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Empty Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania

Post by will 25th August 2011, 01:19

Application for the Commonwealth of Meridiania to join the Alliance of Independent Nations
This is Aquilonia for anyone who visits the usnw forums, but seeing as Aquilonia means "Northern Land," I changed it to South Land, Meridiania Smile

National Flag
Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Meridiania_flag
The Flag of the Commonwealth of Meridiania design comes from the religious nature of the nation (the cross), the British ancestry (Union Jack and the blue) and the Freedom of the new land (Blank white canvas).

National Coat of Arms
Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Coa

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania MapV3EastofNZcopy
Ok, so imagine it's between French Polynesia and Kiribati instead but the tract of land looks the same Smile

Nation Name (Longest Official Form):
Commonwealth of Meridiania

Nation Name (Native Form):
Meridiania

National Anthem:
God Save the Queen

National Motto:
Duis libero tellus, sub Dei nostri
Our United Free Land Under God

Capital:
Angelorium, Regnum
(2,388,000)

Government:
Constitutional monarchy and Federal parliamentary democracy

Head(s) of State:
Queen Elizabeth II
Prime Minister Harry Reymond

Offical Language(s):
English

Population:
13,000,000 (2011 estimate)

Area:
401,478 sq mi

Climate:
Tropical along the coasts
Desert in the center

GDP ($ - Per Capita):
47,000 USD
1.363 Trillion USD

HDI:
I don't understand this really Cheeky/Razz

Drives on the:
right (One oddity in the British Empire :\)

Internet TLD:
.mer

Telephone Code:
+67

History:
In 1616, Dutch explorers discovered the isle of Meridiania, or Vrijmakenland as they called it but was not formally taken over until 26 January 1788, the same day as neighboring Austrailia. On July 23rd, 1877, Meridiania officially ratified their constitution and was given further independence by the Statute of Westminister of 1931.The first founded city was Gezag along the East Coast of Vulputate by the 1616 dutch explorers and was free of the Dutch Kingdom.

War History
1775-1783: American Revolution
1915-1918: World War I
1940-1945: World War II

It's supposed to be very similar to Austrailia and Britain, and a former territory of the British Empire to make things short

All pictures are from my CJ and some have borders and such Smile

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania ThompsonLakeFarms1
We'll start in the Central Meridiania province (Central Aquilonia on the map since I had a dumb moment Cheeky/Razz) Above are some farms East of Downtown Bage's Springs near the Thompson Lake community and the A-27

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania A40
Picture of the M-2 Angelorium City Centre Exit

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania A40M1
The A-28/M-2 Interchange in Angelorium

Note, yes, they have wasteland now, It's gonna be sprawl of Angelorium but i've got stubborn development so far Cheeky/Razz

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania TeasyTease
Closeup shot of the Interchange neighborhood of Angelorium near the previous interchange.

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania DowntownRuvacalbaFarm
Ruvalcaba Grade-A Meridianian Tequila's Agave Farm in Bage's Springs

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania SpringParkStadium
Spring Park Stadium, home of Bages Springs FC of the RoyalSouth A-League (Association Football) and RFC Springs of the Tasman League (Rugby League).

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania AngeloriumUnitedTrainingCenter
Angelorium United's (RoyalSouth A-League) Training Center at South Town Sporting Park

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania CongressionalHall
Congressional Hall, where the House of Representatives, Federal Senate, Library of the Commonwealth and Supreme Court are located. HoR on the Left, Senate on the right, LotC in the front and Supreme Court in the Rear.

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania ExecutiveHall
Executive Hall, where the Prime Minister resides.

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania DowntownCooper-May28011314199818
Cooper Statehouse in Cooper, Cooper

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania NationalCemetery
Angelorium National Cemetery

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania DowntownCooper-May28011314200349
3 Streets Plaza in Cooper.

I've got alot of space for improvement, litterally, I've only done 3 tiles Cheeky/Razz Also, I am currently unionless.

Last edited by will on 26th August 2011, 01:01; edited 4 times in total
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Empty Re: Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania

Post by Blakeway4 25th August 2011, 01:26

You can't be a member of 2 unions at the same time...
This has to be refused... But great work! I like your side project Smile
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania Empty Re: Membership|Commonwealth of Meridiania

Post by hiigarar 25th August 2011, 01:28

Welcome again. ))) You have improved greatly. Laugh
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 01:30

Blake, last thing in the first post... I am now Unionless Cheeky/Razz
http://www.usnw.net/t466p39-aquilonia-and-side-projects

Thank you both, I've heard that alot since I joined the usnw and hope being in the ain will help even more Smile
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 25th August 2011, 01:32

Looks nice Smile You really have improved
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 25th August 2011, 02:56

Very nice Smile All that really needs is a terrain mod. I'd do the application checklist, but I'm posting in my phone
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 25th August 2011, 02:58

Couple of issues:

Firstly, I don't know how well you know this part of the world, but the your climate would have to be sub-Antarctic. You'd be a short flight to Antarctica from your South coast.

Also, Saint Vincent, a territory of Arcacia, is situated smack bang on top of your capital city. As Saint Vincent was there first, the onus is on you to move. I suggest moving a lot because Arcacia isn't too keen on having such a large country so close to its smallest territory.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 03:25

hmmm... West of Australia better? you're right, I'm mostly learning by doing this. So I'm sorry if I do anything insulting or stupid. And I looked at St. Vincent and liked it btw but can't believe I didn't catch that Cheeky/Razz I could downsize some too but I've always had really really small countries, 200 sq miles to 3500 square miles (or kms, can't remember) and I thought I should do a big one for once.

Kevin:Um... there's defenatly (sorry for the bad spelling) a Terrain Mod Cheeky/Razz Its best shown in the second and third pics.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 25th August 2011, 03:31

Oh you left? Suprised

West is occupied by Tongolia Cheeky/Razz

Come to Asia! :twisted:
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 03:33

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/emgmod/Misc/ainmap.jpg

so where is taken up by other places (and I was wondering if matt was still around or just an account these days Cheeky/Razz)
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 25th August 2011, 03:39

This is old map, way too old...
SYLDAVIA IS BIGGER Speechless
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 03:41

Its the most modern one I found... Speechless V3? what, ya'll on V9 now? Cheeky/Razz V4 or 5 I assume?
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 25th August 2011, 05:46

You could go West, but you would have to go further West than Tongolia, unless you went South of Tongolia. You could also go east of New Zealand, into the largely empty South Pacific.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 25th August 2011, 08:33

Looking good there!
as for the location, try to move to the northwest of Tongolia. I think it's better there. Smile
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th August 2011, 11:39

Now that I know where Tongolia is, I would suggest either going just north, or in the Pacific near New Zealand, like Daniel suggested. With regards to the application, I think it's a great piece of work, a vast improvement on your previous application and I think you have a lot of potential to become a great CJer.

Once you have the location sorted out, and the coat of arms made (even just a preliminary one, it doesn't need to be complete and perfect) then I will do the checklist, which will really just be a formality. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 15:45

or to be different, I could take the Northern Territory or Western Austrailia with the Terrain Mod and Water Mod i'm using. After all Bage's Springs is supposed to be like Alice Springs. I'll also reduce my population to 10-15 mil for hitting the mainland. Cheeky/Razz
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th August 2011, 16:18

You will need to ask Jo and Daniel, who's countries directly relate to Australia's history. I suggest PMing them. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 16:22

Hmmm, I added a new idea with new numbers and such (only 1 map now). I will PM them but I thought i'd be good since they're in the east and i'd be out west. But, for good measure Smile
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 25th August 2011, 17:47

I don't agree with the location and I'm sure the Aussies won't agree. Speechless

IT'S WAY TOO BIG!

I suggest you getting near NZ (north east of it) with great shaped island (not square like Linktoria or round like your old map).
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 18:29

old map, you mean the one I posted here or the one from Waterbridge? Its actually smaller than the one I was gonna have Speechless Ok... I'll have a new one in 15 minutes...
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 25th August 2011, 18:46

Will, just a tip, when I was in AIN (and this is when the Pacific was really crowded, by the way), I went into the Indian Ocean, not the Pacific. The area down by Australia was just as crowded then too (I think).

Of course, you'll need to change your building style a lot, but nobody ever touches that ocean Cheeky/Razz just saying.

Good luck with the application Smile AIN will be glad to have you.
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th August 2011, 18:51

I think I finally got a good location, big enough for me and small enough for everyone else Cheeky/Razz New location and half as big updated Smile Beware of the orange Cheeky/Razz
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 25th August 2011, 19:18

Looks good.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 26th August 2011, 00:17

The new location overlaps Fornax, I believe. Perhaps moving it 30 degrees further south?
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by will 26th August 2011, 00:37

ugh Cheeky/Razz or how bout move it on out east some? or maybe between Johnson Atoll, Kiribati and Hawaii? or French Polynesia and Kiribati?
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next