AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation

+14
Evillions
Spy9600
ForthWall
anarchy0029
Tyler
Cyclone-1001
Blakeway4
MiguelLeal
Thomas
Daniel
hiigarar
Forsma
Kevin
K50 Dude
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should the Dolgarian Federation join the AIN?

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Vote_lcap100%Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 15 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Empty Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation

Post by Guest 14th September 2010, 14:41

Application for Dolgarian Federation to join the Alliance of Independent Nations
National Flag
Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 47448810

National Coat of Arms
Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Gerbon10

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Eudem10
National Anthem

National FactFile

Nation Name – Federal Republic of Dolgaria (Dolgavas Federācija)
Nation Name – Dolgarija (Dolgava)
National Anthem- Saule, Pērkons,Daugava.
National Motto: For freedom an fatherland ( TĒVZEMEI UN BRĪVĪBAI)
Capital: Sirisho 2.345.221
Government: Federal Republic
Head(s) of State: Ernest Martin Koivo
Offical Language(s): Dolgarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Russian, English.
Population:7,581,272
Area: 175,015 km2
Climate:[b]Humid Continental

GDP ($ - Per Capita):22,141.02
Drives on the: Right
Internet TLD:.DG
Telephone Code:+377

History:In the ninth century, the Baltic nations formed an association to protect the region from the Scandinavian invasion. Ten nations Leitrim, Semigal, Donegal, Karzon, Bromea, Augszeme, Vidsleja, Kursija, Libava, Dolmara Created a new union - The Kingdom of Dolgava. Kingdom's name was created from the river of Daugava. which is the largest river in the region. Only with this union The Baltic region has been safeguarded.
After the battle was crowned the first king of Dolgavas Kingdom.
Great Martins became the first king of Dolgavas Kingdom. .
In 1287 Sirisho, Karzon, Sarho and Brome, Dolgavas four largest cities becomes Hans union member. By this time Dolgavas Kingdom began an economic growth.
In 1500 Dolgava get three overseas colonies Trinidada and Tobago (careabien region), Gambia (West Africa).
1891 -civil war begins among nations Semigal and Leitrim. Dolgavas kingdom splits into two hostile sides.At this time Dolgava lost the overseas colonies. 1901 has formed two republics, Dolgarian Republic, Semigal and Donegal Republic
At the First World War, botho republics stayed as a neutral territories.
But at the Second World War, in 1941 both countries was conquered by Nazi Germans. But in 1945 with Soviet Union help both countries gained freedom.
After Second World War was formed Dolgarian Federation, with all historycal nations-Leitrim, Semigal, Donegal, Karzon, Bromea, Augszeme, Vidsleja, Kursija, Libava, Dolmara.

Sorry about my English i know it terrible...Laugh

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 76172592

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 69817673

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 93473148

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 20776388

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 14238166

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 37108613

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 23958751

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Air

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Air2

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Baka2

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Centcl

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Airport

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Gardenplaza

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Flagkj

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Cento2

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Mapey

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Natureu

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Partry

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Skiresort

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Slimd

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Twosisters

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation 24435156

Last edited by Thomas on 23rd December 2010, 11:14; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Change the History.)

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation

Post by K50 Dude 14th September 2010, 14:54

First of all, welcome to the forums!

Here is a bit of feedback from me
First off, you need some seawalls. They will make that coast line and that island beautiful.
Second, some more custom medium-density commercial.
Third, you need to develop a lot more low-density commercial and residential between those cities.
Finally, that big castle on the hill is a little strange....

Besides that, personally, I like it! 👍
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation

Post by Guest 14th September 2010, 14:59

Thanks for your review i will keep in mind it.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 14th September 2010, 15:08

I second whatever K50 Dude just said. Also, I feel concerned about the repetition in you downtown. Clean that up a little, will you? That will make your cities look tons more realistic.

But its looking good so far!
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 14th September 2010, 15:11

I agree, you need to use seawalls. But its looks good. 👍
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 14th September 2010, 17:19

Aaaaaa welcome to the forum but i have problems whit the history. :In 1914 the two republics has invading by Nazi Germans: Well if only this be changed well i will be ok. Because well it is totally incorrect.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 14th September 2010, 17:22

Indeed. The Nazi Party didn't form until the 1930s.

Apart from that, it's okay. It does seem a bit... homogeneous in that there seem to be skyscrapers and not much else. Given the region that it's in, this seems a bit unrealistic.

I also think the airport needs a bit of work, though I do like the fact that you managed to get your own airline in the game.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 14th September 2010, 18:21

Firstly, welcome to the AIN and thank you for applying!
I agree with what the others have said really, take a look around Simtropolis and Simcity4Devotion for some more midrise residential and commercial buildings, because it does seem to be only skyscrapers and not many rural or lowrise districts are present.
Use some of the City Notebooks for guidance and inspiration, and take a look around the Accepted Applications as well.

I won't post the Checklist yet since you appear to want to edit and improve some things, judging by your posts. And if you have any further questions, just PM myself or any other member of the site and I'm sure we'll be willing to help you out. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th September 2010, 19:53

Thanks for the advice I will start to improve my region.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 14th September 2010, 20:03

What about doing a download of an water mod?
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 14th September 2010, 20:34

By the way, where did you get the apartments in the top-right corner of the first picture? They're awesome.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 14th September 2010, 21:55

Welcome, I like the location and all of your nation! Laugh Great job! But the only thing that doesn't get good with me is the forest of tall buildings. Your nation is in East Europe, please be realistic with the location Smile

Riga: Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation RIGA-1-OverviewOfCity

Tallinn: Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Tallinn_1

Vilnius: Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Vilnius_Skyline_2

My suggestion is simply to make a mix of modern and old. Smile

Good luck and hope to see you back soon! It is promising!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone-1001 14th September 2010, 22:00

Looks good, a good start. My suggestions-
1- Get a water mod and a terrain mod. Simple and effective.
2- Break up the repetition.
3- No large countries are 100% city. Include suburbs and rural area.

If you get those, it will be 2-3 times better.
Cyclone-1001
Cyclone-1001
Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 15th September 2010, 06:01

On second look, I think you need a bit of a location change of your country. As Julien said, your city doesn't match up with the culture of your location IRL. Wink Could you move it farther West?
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 08:43

Thanks guys for your good Recommendations.
I decided to rebuilt my region, i will try to mix hystorical with modern.
The first improvement. Water and terrain mod... Smile
Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Ver10
Now i will rebuilt my two largest cities...

Last edited by rolis2004 on 17th September 2010, 15:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updates)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 15th September 2010, 11:52

Wow! That latest pic looks absolutely awesome!
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone-1001 15th September 2010, 12:04

I see an improvement that made your nation 2x better.
Cyclone-1001
Cyclone-1001
Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 15th September 2010, 16:35

Much better, keep going with these rapid improvements and you'll be a member in no time! You also seem very dedicated, which will be very useful in deciding your "Yes" vote. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th September 2010, 21:47

absolutely beautiful Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 15th September 2010, 22:41

thats puuurddy Cheeky/Razz
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 02:22

Pictures from capital rebuilding...
Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Sirish10
Sirisho old city centr.

Approved: Associate Membership | Dolgarian Federation Sirish11

I am also working with sea wall lifting, but its seems to be harder than i thought... But i will try Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 02:28

Thomas wrote:By the way, where did you get the apartments in the top-right corner of the first picture? They're awesome.
Sorry but i really dont know where i get it.... Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 16th September 2010, 02:34

Oh boy, that is a vast improvement!

Few more things...
1) Did you really get a terrain mod Cheeky/Razz it only looks like the cliff mod to me.
2) In the last picture, your areas around the river and administrative area look REALLY hilly, and really rough around the river.
3) I think you should get that river out, personally. I see the Japan River Project set there. Although the river looks nice too! (except for those cliffs, those need to go. Have you seen the "soften" tool in god mode? You can access the real god mode again by using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+god mode button Wink )

I really like how you keep improving, I think a little more work and you are an easy yes from me!

Also, you are going to be asked this sooner or later.... how active do you think you will be? Smile

Lastly, watch the double post. There is an edit button for that use, the admins don't like double posts that much. Not your fault, you didn't know, just don't let that happen again Wink
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 16th September 2010, 03:40

I don't think the cliffs really need to go.. around here there are rivers without nice "softened" beaches.. and in the southwest there are tons of those so it's not like it's a bad thing.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 16th September 2010, 03:59

Tyler wrote:I don't think the cliffs really need to go.. around here there are rivers without nice "softened" beaches.. and in the southwest there are tons of those so it's not like it's a bad thing.
but in the southwest there aren't cities by the rivers with cliffs
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next