AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meridianian City Journal

+11
SmartbyLaw
ForthWall
Evillions
Gregor
Huston
SGJason
emperordaniel
Forsma
Blakeway4
Thomas
will
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Meridianian City Journal Empty Meridianian City Journal

Post by will 28th August 2011, 17:39

Well, between my leaving usnw and being accepted into ain, I did make an update to go alongside everything I posted in my application and i'll kick everything off with it. With my rearranging, Kilburn and Cooper are now in the southwest along the Tasman Coast (faces NZ)

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Feb27001314306797
Well, we need to get off the Highway before we hit Kilburn, so we hit the exit ramp and get on the Kilburn Bypass Highway on our way to town before turning Right on High Street.

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Mar10011314311365
Kilburn Village Secondary School is the secondary school students in Kilburn are shipped to to begin their prison sentences... I mean um... schooling Smile

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Mar10011314311441
Kilburn Arena, home of the Repco Basketball League Kilburn Generals, fourth tier of Meridianian Basketball.

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Jun24001314307167
Kilburn City Hospital

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Jun24001314307296
Kilburn Hotel, where most high end guests stay during their tenure in Kilburn, including when the Test Track is run on during the annual V6 Stars Series Manufacturers Cup, run at the Kilburn Sportscars Test Track and the Carne Test Track over two legs and four races in early September (i'll hopefully have some results come september Smile )

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Jun24001314307416
Kilburn is also renowned for it's Town Square and Parks.

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Jun24001314307139
Kilburn Pond, next to the Hospital and the Hotel.

Meridianian City Journal Kilburn-Mar10011314311636
And to end the update, we've got some full city and region shots. Here's an overview of town, that is the Test track off to the right Smile

Meridianian City Journal CityofCooper-1314319173
Sat. View

Meridianian City Journal CityofCooper-1314319246
Transport View, better view of the track. All 33 turns of it Cheeky/Razz and it's a good 2.5 large tiles long in length Smile

Comments? Suggestions? Etc.? Comment Smile

Will
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Meridianian City Journal Empty Re: Meridianian City Journal

Post by Thomas 28th August 2011, 18:28

Great images, I like the parks.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 28th August 2011, 19:13

I love it! Except maybe all the houses are all the same Speechless makes me feel like it's a ghetto
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 28th August 2011, 19:17

Thank you both, Well, my grid is all 4 blocks wide and there's two house sets that fit in that but I did realize that if I do 5 wide or 6 wide I have another set which will fit in there. Understood and will be dealt with in future updates Smile
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 29th August 2011, 18:17

Pretty nice! where do you get that parking building?
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by will 30th August 2011, 01:29

Which one, the one at the hospital? because the hotel is a combination of two.

Well, I've got alot of free time oddly enough, before school starts back next tuesday, and i'm doing my fair share of goofing off so I did a mockup of a city which i've called Moonshine Coast (not the thing that comes after sunshine Wink Wink) on all my maps but as it turns out, I decided to change the name to Silver Coast, named after Gold Coast (and Kinda designed the same way too I think). So far i've only done a small bit of Silver Coast, the bit between the Intercoastal Waterway and the Pacific Ocean, the neighborhoods of Suffolkhead and Symons, the two furthest extremities of Silver Coast, all within 2 miles of eachother. Along with that, I did some rail across the Suffolkhead Channel but no stations or anything (just the railroad).

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314655722
Each Home in Suffolkhead is next to one other, yet distanced from the next by a stretch of Tree filled Grass.

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314657131
The whole neighborhood of Suffolkhead.

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314656994
And Suffolkhead is most famous for the Suffolkhead Performing Arts Centre, most recently home of the Golden Gates, a soft rock band from San Francisco who've made it Big in Meridiania.

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314655975
Up Ocean Boulevard a little from Suffolkhead and Silver Coast University, at the edge of Symons, is Pacific Park Stadium, home of the Silver Coast Shiners, the most successful side in theRoyalPacific M-League. Three times champion (1977, 1983-1984, and 2006-2007). Also making the PPS home is the Wallace Gridiron League's AFC Silver Coast.

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314656005
Silver Coast University Hospital, where we treat you as our labrats :twisted:

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314657054
Suffolkhead Assisted Living Center at Silver Coast University Hospital. Where the rich go to enjoy their last few years Smile

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314657205
Something strange happens in Silver Coast every year, thousands embark on a journey to see... Streetball Speechless

The Blue Tiger Energy Streetball Jam is the biggest Basketball Tournament in Meridiania, with a 1.v.1 and 2.v.2 aspect. It began as a neighborhood tournament and simply exploded from there.

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314652811
The modern stadium where the BTESJ takes place

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314656272
Unity Park at Silver Coast University.

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314656124
The Main Building of Silver Coast University along the shores of the Pacific and the Suffolkhead Channel

Meridianian City Journal MoonshineCoast-Jan15011314655827
Silver Coast Police Department-Symons 01 Station, St. Frederick's School and Tulktronics Arena. (Its an electronics store with the naming rights Cheeky/Razz)

Meridianian City Journal Silver_Coast_Overphotoshopped_pic_copy
Its the MC Cola Bottling Plant in Silver Coast. And it's meant to be over photoshopped Cheeky/Razz

Questions, Comments, Suggestions? Here to listen Smile

Will
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 30th August 2011, 02:14

Amazing stuffs! I love it Smile

It'll be maybe a good idea to move your articles into the AIN wiki? I suggest you to keep your meridiania wiki as a backup Smile
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 30th August 2011, 02:38

I'll move some, but i'm gonna basically use it as a playground, full rundown and to do something in my free time. All them links on there? I plan on making articles for every link... atleast that I can. I have too much free time to not do something Cheeky/Razz I will bring over the AGP articles along with my Race Team and Race Driver templates Smile

Will
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by will 31st August 2011, 05:04

I should point out at this point, i usually won't be posting this many updates but during summer, I have nothing to do so I have plenty of time to just do whatever. Partly because I usually skim my way thorough my summer projects but I decided i'd start out early this year so around june I kicked off an 800 page book and that meant I could do less school stuff come august (finished the book 2-3 weeks ago). I'll probably still post quite a bit but i'll get off my kick of daily updates Smile

Today's update: South Juliet (formerly South Paradise, South Fiji and South Perth depending on my map)
South Juliet is a small outpost, formerly of French occupation (leading to Parisian style) on the northwest Coast of the nation. It's in the West Coast Province and is officially part of the Silver Coast-West Coast-South Juliet Metropolitan Area. The Downtown area of South Juliet is rapidly expanding, not out but up, recently many skyscrapers keep going up but it's still a rather flat city.

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314760799
Juliet Square, one of three major squares in South Juliet. Juliet Square is in the southwestern part of Downtown.

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314760949
Library Plaza is another square, this time on the North side of downtown.

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314761020
The Theatre at Library Plaza is one of the most respected theaters in Meridiania. Actors are not considered to be great unless they have preformed atleast one show at the Theatre.

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314760841
The third major plaza is White's Park, one block from Juliet Square. The SJFD is stationed at the Park.

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314761129
The Famed St. Sebastian's Cathedral, from the French occupied days.

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314761177
Giant's Stadium, home of the M-League's South Juliet Giants (4 time Champions).

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314761296
Parking East of Giant's Stadium

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314761231
Meridianian Broadcasting System's National Broadcasting Center (MBS Building).

Meridianian City Journal SouthJuliet-Sep10001314761345
Random Shot I really liked Smile

Questions, Comments, etc.? just say something Smile

Will
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 31st August 2011, 09:05

something Cheeky/Razz

I like the last pic Smile
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by SGJason 31st August 2011, 11:11

Paris ♥️♥️♥️

Ah no, it's Meridiana Cheeky/Razz I like it anyway Wink
SGJason
SGJason
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 31st August 2011, 13:27

I like the inclusion of Parisian buildings, they are some of the best custom content buildings available. However, I think the American buildings, the Simgoober restaurant, don't really fit into that area.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 31st August 2011, 13:41

Daniel: Thanks Smile
SGJason: So i'm just anyway? Cheeky/Razz jk Thanks Smile
Thomas:Hmmm, I actually thought it fit in really well actually Cheeky/Razz Was a more european sg building (and O'Charleys does make the best rolls I've ever had Cheeky/Razz)
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 31st August 2011, 15:59

Absolutely great job! I love it! Laugh I don't agree with you Thomas about the buildings don't fit with parisian. Remember this is a oceanic CJ Wink
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 1st September 2011, 03:02

What'd I say about too much time? Two towns, one on the west and one on the east... Plus a couple Maps now that i've got a solid location Cheeky/Razz

We'll start in a rural upper class town on the outskirts of both Silver Coast and West Coast (the latter, ironically, is in the mountains Cheeky/Razz)
Meridianian City Journal Leist-Oct25011314805522
Though alot of it's citizens are famous for other reasons, Leist is most famous itself for two major attractions, to get to the first, take this exit off a yet to be named freeway (haven't decided on the new numbers and everything yet)

Meridianian City Journal Leist-Jan3001314798096
and that first one is the Leistring, home of many races in the domestic Meridianian (ps, it's Diania, not Diana Cheeky/Razz).

Meridianian City Journal Leist-Oct25011314805926
Second is the best field and the worst stands in all of Meridianian Football. Leist United are in the third tier so alot of seats and quality are not as popular :bounce:

Meridianian City Journal Leist-Oct25011314805291
The citizens are famous for being hidden, these are the upper class who like the wilderness, outdoors and rural lifestyle... now where's their houses? All I see's trees and poorer folks homes :\

Meridianian City Journal Leist-Oct25011314804772
High Street, Leist, says enough really Smile

Meridianian City Journal Leist-Oct25011314804744
Random closing shot of Leist (I always have that one random shot it seems Wink )

Now for the motherload Cheeky/Razz...

Meridianian City Journal ArdusStockExchange
Ardus is probably most popular in Meridiania as a financial center, home of the Ardus Stock Exchange [AREX]

Meridianian City Journal Hotels
Weather for sport, vacation, business, or any other reason to visit, guests commonly stay just off Down St. and Edwards St. in the Hotel District.

Meridianian City Journal ParkersPlaza
And speaking of Business, any good city has somewhere to get drunk and spend money right? Enter Parker's Plaza, home of the world famous Langley Meridianian Specialty Pub, where it's hard to hear yourself think about thinking from the crowds. (There's also a Gap right next door Wink Cheeky/Razz)

Meridianian City Journal TransportHubandAquaticsCenter
But Ardus does have something special in it's city limits, a Subway, a facet it shares with only two other metro areas, Villadia-Gatliff (with a shared system) and Angelorium. And as the Water City, it's Aquatics Center stays busy Smile

Meridianian City Journal CityStadium
Two Stadiums are famed in the city, first is City Stadium, home of Ardus City, and on gameday, 76,500 people.

Meridianian City Journal ArdusCityStadium
The second is the Green Monster, Skyline Park, home of Water City FC and the greenest exterior (literally, not the environmental kind) in the M-League and all other MFA Leagues.

The major event each year however, is the Ardus Grand Prix weekend, where the city basically shuts down to open the streets to 700hp, 3.0L Open Wheeled behemoths to tear those same streets up, all 3.4 miles of them
Meridianian City Journal TrackMap
The track is in Blue. Now I can't show you the whole track because, with it going down town, it gets blocked off, but I can show you upto the Hill.

Meridianian City Journal TrackMainStraight
The track starts between the pits and the stands on Racer St.

Meridianian City Journal Trackturns1-4
The track then curves 45 degrees before turning off at City Stadium in the first 4 turns and hitting Anderson Blvd.

Meridianian City Journal SkateboardPark
Shot of the skateboard park and Plaza near Turn 1.

Meridianian City Journal TrackTurns5-9
Anderson Blvd. continues straight for about 1 mile before curving left, about 1/4 mile before that, the drivers turn right onto Hill St. which curves left before a right onto Industrial St. which has 2 addition twists before crossing the Hill, and twisting around the City Centre Hospital (if a major emergency arises, there are ways into said hospital which are not difficult to take, or excessivly longer than any other route). T11-T14 is just some back and forth 90 degree twists before T 15 and T16 which are 45 degree lefts taking drivers back under the hill. The rest is visible in the track map.

Meridianian City Journal Downtown-2
Shot of Downtown

Meridianian City Journal CityCentre
The City Centre.

Meridianian City Journal Terrance
Random Terrances I got to grow right that I liked Smile They're just North of Skyline Park.

You know what to do, comment something good (or bad if you have to :roll: ) And I'll get back to you in about 12-14 hours (I've got stuff to do towmorrow for once Laugh)

Will
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 1st September 2011, 12:31

Pretty nice work! 👍
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 1st September 2011, 12:45

That looks really good so far, Hope to see how it looks completed! Laugh
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by will 1st September 2011, 13:08

Forsma: Thanks Smile

Huston: Thanks, me too Cheeky/Razz
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 1st September 2011, 20:23

Great work once again! Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregor 3rd September 2011, 13:22

Cool ! Laugh
Gregor
Gregor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by will 3rd September 2011, 15:34

Thanks Smile I'd have 1-2 more updates this week but sc4 keeps crashing :blowup: I did some on Southeast Ardus and did Cuper's Harbor, both featuring some really freaky rhw interchanges. Including the Terminus of one having two end points and a crossover. There was also alot of Farms in Cuper's Harbor and some nice houses (I'll redo that kinda).

Will
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 4th September 2011, 18:54

That suck.. 🇳🇴
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by will 4th September 2011, 20:38

Well, I have restarted Cuper's Harbor and it's looking pretty good now so I think it's not that bad. The moral of the story should be that I don't save enough Cheeky/Razz
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 5th September 2011, 07:07

Looks nice! Smile

Just convert your images into .JPG because they load faster on forums.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 5th September 2011, 15:27

I've heard convert them, don't convert them and I'm lazy so I just ended up not Cheeky/Razz Ok though, i'll jpg from now on Smile
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next