AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neutral States of the Alliance

+10
Jo
Daniel
Blakeway4
Huston
Kevin
MiguelLeal
will
ForthWall
SmartbyLaw
Thomas
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Neutral States of the Alliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Neutral States of the Alliance

Post by Edge 2nd November 2011, 22:12

Err, well I don't think it's a union for going out and harassing the big countries in a militarized fashion, but if a smaller country were to get in a violent conflict with a larger country, the other NSA countries would help out, I'm sure.

Edit: Actually, it says that international disputes are handled peacefully, so I dunno where you guys are getting that it's a military alliance.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Neutral States of the Alliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Neutral States of the Alliance

Post by SmartbyLaw 2nd November 2011, 22:36

I never said it was a military alliance. But it obviously a response to the AC and PiPa
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Luug 2nd November 2011, 22:41

My only question is: If it's a political organisation, is it possible for other political parties join it as well? The Orange Free State, since new to the AIN will remain neutral in internal affairs, but the political groups within the state are interested in joining mutual organisations, if there are any.

And btw. I think it quite clearly says:
"A union that opposes the use of force by stronger nations to infringe on the rights of a smaller nation"
And the way the opposition forms is explained in the principles:
  • Respect for all individuals (people and states) and their property, as well as the AIN constitution and international justice.
  • Avoidance of conflicts, although recognizing the right and need of a nation to defend themselves.
  • Finally, the promotion of mutual interest can be almost anything, except confrontation and aggressiveness against other nations (as previously stated).

And since smartbylaw mentioned that it's a diplomatic alliance (although I think the first post said a political alliance), as you know some people refer wars as extensions of politics, and usually wars are a result of failed diplomacy. Also Carl Von Clausewitz defined war as follows: "War is thus an act of force to compel our enemy to do our will."

And since NSA refrains from aggression and intends to peacefully (with diplomacy) preventing any conflicts, especially those where the aggressor is a larger country, I wouldn't be talking about a military alliance. Diplomatic alliance - partially perhaps, military - definitely not.

Neutral States of the Alliance - Page 2 O.de.WetForeignMinister
Oskar de Wet
Foreign Minister of Orange Free State
Luug
Luug
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 3rd November 2011, 04:45

I've decided not to be a part of this or any other "union within a union." The factionalisation of the AIN is really unhealthy and can only lead to tears. I want no part of it.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 3rd November 2011, 13:27

Daniel, either way you will be part of it. Everybody in the AIN will be part of it. Someway or another it will come back to kick us in the butt.
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 3rd November 2011, 20:06

The idea of the NSA was to oppose these factitious organisations. It's clear that this won't work so we'll take our opposition to your factions elsewhere.

THREAD LOCKED.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2