AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas of the moment: Union Awards, Membership, Separation of Powers

3 posters

Go down

Ideas of the moment: Union Awards, Membership, Separation of Powers Empty Ideas of the moment: Union Awards, Membership, Separation of Powers

Post by Peter 14th July 2009, 17:21

Idea #1: Membership Levels

So my first thought is the membership options. I know we've discussed this during the first summit. But this is just something that I thought we could talk about in the next summit. I think that our problem with rare membership applications is that people are just not ready for the commitment. So why don't we offer them a full membership status, an ambassadorial status and a non-member status? So for example, the Country of Hello wants to just see what its like in AIN, so they decide to be an ambassador. Then if they like AIN, then they can become a full member.

Idea #2: Union Awards

Just like the ST trixies, why dont we have a union awards? Like nicest person, funniest person, best CJ, best planner, most athletic country, and so on. Because I remember that when trixie season came, everyone started putting up all these updates, which is a good thing Smile Of course, like the trixies, we nominate and vote for the people. I think that we need to appreciate our members and this is a good way to do so!

Idea #3: Separation of Powers

I know, I know. This is very controversial, but please dont kill me. I'm not 100% agreeing with this, but there are some points I want to say. First off, I dont want anyone to feel like the admins are being dictators. If anyone does, please do so. This is a democracy. But in the case of last week, we had to do immediate actions. But I think that as gaius said, we should vote on whether to ban people. I think that as others have mentioned, the admins should work with the union court.

Well....these are my ideas for the moment. Please tell me what you think. Then we can formally discuss and debate them in the next summit in September Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Ideas of the moment: Union Awards, Membership, Separation of Powers Empty Re: Ideas of the moment: Union Awards, Membership, Separation of Powers

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 17:35

The only problem I have with the separation is that if its too even it becomes ultimately communist. While I do have my spats with the left wing here in CT about communism and don't like it, I have definite support to the fact that communism doesn't work. If we give everyone really an equal footing, it becomes too loose. We need some sort of hierarchy so that there is someone one, or someones in control. If everyone is no one is.

As I mentioned before the others left I'd like to work on a new way to enter the union. Or maybe get into a certain level of the hierarchy. Clearly one of the main issues was that Giaus Diz and Wood were not at the recent summit in Perthshire when we discussed a lot of the things that they fought against. They also didn't know a lot of the history of the union or the countries in it. I'll post my ideas in more detail in another post.

Back to top Go down

Ideas of the moment: Union Awards, Membership, Separation of Powers Empty Re: Ideas of the moment: Union Awards, Membership, Separation of Powers

Post by Peter 14th July 2009, 23:44

anyone else with their opinion? Cheeky/Razz
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 23:53

I like idea 1 and 2. I don't think there is a need for 3 because whenever there is a problem, it is dealt with right away without excessive confrontation. But for banning, we could all vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 15th July 2009, 00:39

It looks good Peter
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 15th July 2009, 12:12

I agree with idea 1 and 2. As for 3, i agree that we should vote whether should we decide to ban a particular person.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down