AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale

+9
Aleks
Thomas
Saathoff
Tyler
math5515
Edge
Peter
Neil
Blakeway4
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Empty Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 11:10

Full Title: United Islands of Ollingdale

Informal Titles: UIO, Ollingdale, East England Islands, Elizabeth and Surrey Islands.

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Flag

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Ollingdale-View
The capital of the UIO is Ollingdale City, which is where the majority of the original population was located. Therefore the country was named after it. Ollingdale is located on Surrey Island. This is the closest part of the country to the oil wells.
Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Woking-View
The second and smaller city in Ollingdale is Woking, a suburban-focused area located on Elizabeth Island. It is the base of the high-technology centres where the oil companies base most of their offices and workforce. It is the highest-growing part of Ollingdale. It’s located on the southern most point of Surrey Island.
Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Valican-View
The third and least populated of the main three islands of the UIO is Valican Point, which is the closest major island to London and is slowly growing and is the hub of the far south island of Valican Point, a small island. It is now a small commercial and residential group of villages.
Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale RegionView
This is a view of the islands as a whole. The CJ will focus on the main islands of Surrey and Elizabeth, but will also look at some of the smaller islands, like Vera Corner and Piccadilly.

More Information
Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Image22
Ollingdale is an oil-rich nation, started in the year 1970 when the British discovered a vast underwater oil reserve close to the uninhabited islands. Within a few years, the islands were growing at around 70% a year, and in 1985, the British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher took control of 99% of the island’s oil wealth and pumped it into the British economy. Over the next two months, a fuming UIO local government began to file strict rules against British interference in its finances. By 1997, Tony Blair signed over Hong Kong to China and also handed over independence to Ollingdale. Within 5 years the nation had continued to grow by another 160%, and became a tax haven for British companies and expats. Modernisation of the islands from the bland 1970’s styled buildings began in 2003, and is still in process.

Population (2008): 400,000

Head of State: Prime Minister Simpson (3rd Leader of UIO, elected 2005)
Previous Leaders:
PM Sutherland, (2000 – 2005)
PM Spearman, once LOC Spearman. (1995 – 2000)
Leader of Ollingdale Council (LOC) Westerdale (1985 – 1995)

Official Language: English (Less than 2% of the population speak other European languages, less than 0.3% speak non-European languages)

Currency: GDP (British Pound) (Would allow the Ainero as a secondary currency, may convert to the Ainero in the future)

Annual Family Income: 50,189.45 GBP

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Ollingdale-map
Borders: North Sea (Britain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc across the sea)

Religion: 35% Christian, 30% Catholic, 30% Atheist, 5% other.

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale VeraCorner
Military Personnel: 4,000 (35% Army, 35% Navy, 30% Royal Ollingdale Air Force)

On Active Duty: 900 (Support troops in S. Afghanistan, Cyprus, Britain)

Wars Fought In:
Gulf War 2: 2003 – 2008 (1400 troops peak)

Afghanistan: 2002 – Present (600 troops peak, 400 troops currently)

I will try to be as active as possible, I've been on here almost everyday while preparing this application anyway, so I'd be fully dedicated to the site if you accepted me. I've already learnt so much from you guys, I can't wait to take on board your advice and guidance to make my journal much better. Smile

Last edited by Thomas on 10th March 2010, 10:07; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale

Post by Blakeway4 6th February 2010, 12:40

Awsome job! Cheeky/Razz Need only to use some terra for upgrading your port, to put it at the same land lvl!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | United Islands of Ollingdale

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 13:25

Blakeway wrote:Awsome job! Cheeky/Razz Need only to use some terra for upgrading your port, to put it at the same land lvl!

Do you mean the military one? Yeh, that still needs some work on it. But I'm slowly getting there! Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 6th February 2010, 13:30

Yeah I meant the military one. Smile
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 6th February 2010, 14:03

I like it a lot. Yes from me. Although try to use more custom content and avoid maxis at all costs :throw:
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 14:14

Thanks Neil! Yes, one of my main goals over the coming weeks is to get some more CC and try to limit my Maxis buildings. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 6th February 2010, 15:36

Hi there!

Ok, so you have proved to be active even though you aren't an actual AIN member, so I commend you on that. I see a couple of realism issues such as buildings right next to farms which is unusual, but I think that you will be able to fix that without a problem. I say yes, but needs improvement! Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 6th February 2010, 15:37

I vote YES
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by math5515 6th February 2010, 16:02

I vote yes becuse I believe you have some nice pictures
Is the pictures one city or muliple?
math5515
math5515
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 6th February 2010, 16:04

hi berry boy. I apologize, but only members of AIN can vote Smile did you vote in the poll?
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 16:11

Peter wrote:Hi there!

Ok, so you have proved to be active even though you aren't an actual AIN member, so I commend you on that. I see a couple of realism issues such as buildings right next to farms which is unusual, but I think that you will be able to fix that without a problem. I say yes, but needs improvement! Smile

Thanks Peter - obviously you'd see more of the reason behind the buildings next to farms in the actual journal, and over time the farms would be swallowed up by homes and businesses. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 6th February 2010, 16:32

I vote yes!
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 6th February 2010, 17:14

For sure a yes Smile
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 17:38

Thanks Nate and Tyler! Laugh
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 6th February 2010, 18:06

I vote YES!!! You have a great CJ Thomas!
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 18:09

Thanks Aleks! How many more votes do I need? Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 6th February 2010, 18:11

7 I think! Cheeky/Razz I voted YES if you wanna know! Wink
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 6th February 2010, 18:17

I vote yes. Any problems are minor enough to fix later.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 18:28

Can I ask what problems you think there are emgmod?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 6th February 2010, 18:32

This is also common in the UK and Ireland where you can go from a mid-rise central area to a rural area in less than 5 minutes ina ll but the largest cities...
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 6th February 2010, 18:38

There's some room for improvement, but my vote is YES !

Congratulations, you're now a member of AIN ! Try to be active and you may become a full member.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 18:44

Matt wrote:There's some room for improvement, but my vote is YES !

Congratulations, you're now a member of AIN ! Try to be active and you may become a full member.

Thanks Matt and everyone that voted yes! :!!:
One question: Can I join the Summit, despite being 6 days late? :GG:
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 6th February 2010, 18:46

Of course you can.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th February 2010, 18:48

Great! Laugh
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 6th February 2010, 18:48

Sorry for being late once again, but I vote Yes.

And welcome to the Alliance of Independent Nations! I hope you will enjoy your time here. Smile
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next