AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United)

+12
Aranho
Spy9600
Liberater444
emgmod
Saathoff
Peter
Tyler
MiguelLeal
Thomas
Matt
Blakeway4
Evillions
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Should Onubis be accepted into the AIN?

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Vote_lcap47%Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Vote_lcap40%Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Vote_lcap13%Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Empty Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United)

Post by Evillions 2nd July 2010, 21:26

Currently Editing....
----------
My CJ at Simtropolis was split into 3 parts because it shows a "timeline" of my improvement in a year.

I really like to be apart of AIN as a full or junior member. The show I'd like be apart with AIN, here's my application.

Flag:
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Flag3

Coat of Arms:
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) CoatofArms1

Map:
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Onubis-2
Red = Onubis
Pink = International Village
Green = Alhijek
Each color represents a country or state of the Onubis Federation.

Nation's facts:

Nation's Official Name: The Onubis Federation
National Name: Onubis
National Anthem: Oh Onubis!
National Motto: Without knowledge, you'll not be successful in life.

Capital: Gobar ,Onubis, Onubis Federation

Government: Republic
Prime Minster: Robert Feldings
President: Neil Poldstien

Official Languages: English
Other Languages: Arabic

Population: 15,682,492

Areas: Middle East

Climate: Very arid and hot, but at night its breezy and cool.

Economy:

Currency: USD
GPD per capita: $24,291
Stock Market: Onubis Stock Exchange
Debt: None
Income per year: 24 million

Misc:

Human Development Index / HDI: 0.822
Calling Code: +1
Drives on the right side.
Internet Code: .ce

History:

1453: Onubis settled on desert land or known as by today; Saudi Arabia and began to form a colony.
1460: The colony very fast, but most of the nation lived in poverty.
1490: Onubis was with the Ottoman Empire.
1504: As Onubis' first military branches: Army and Navy has been established. This gave poorer people hope since the military provides basic living conditions for your time in the armed forces.
1641: Onubis was inspired from the Roman's government system, a Republic. Therefore, Onubis abolished its old system of a group of people ruling the land. Then established a Republic which is known as The Republic of Onubis.
1720: When Onubis started to gain allies from Germany, their economy somewhat boosted from resource trading.
(Onubis was part of the Ottoman Empire back then, so they were allies with Germany.)
1913: Due to being allies with Germany, they were forced to fight for the axis during WW1.(German Empire, Austria - Hungary, etc.)
1917: After WW1, the Ottoman Empire dissappeared, and Onubis later became independent.
1939 - 1947: Onubis helped the US and allied forces after the events of Pearl Harbor because they were afraid that they will do the same on Onubis. Again, Onubis manufactured weapons and went onto the front lines.
1970: Onubis created its first human-like robot allowing numerous of advances in life.
1981: Onubis decided to from a Federation instead of its old system, Republic. Therefore, 3 states or sub countries were formed having its own customs and ways of living. However, the 3 countries will still be intact as one.
2006: Onubis Federation enters to the UN / United Nations.
2009: Enters AFDES
Mid 2009: Quits AFDES, enters COFR
Early 2010: COFR is disbanded and Onubis becomes independent.
------------
In-game Images:

(The international village will come soon, I just downloaded everything for my main region.)

Dubai-Like city -- Asband:
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Kuwait-1

Airport:
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Kuwait-5

My old Middle Eastern region that is currently deleted.
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Middleeastern

Here's more images from my current Arabic city. (I need to expand a bit more, like add seawalls, etc.)
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland1

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-7

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-6

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-8

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-9

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-10

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-3

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-4

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Asbland-5
And my improvement of my experience:

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Gkoyonov25571238622786

Link to my CJ(s): http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=myjournals

Military:

Branches: Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force.

Weapons:

Some type of L85a2 and a M9.
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Myweapon3

Some type of ACR with a G36 handguard.
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Myweapon8

A Grenade launcher:
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Myweapon12

Last edited by Evillions on 5th July 2010, 17:43; edited 14 times in total
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United)

Post by Blakeway4 2nd July 2010, 21:32

Great start! But I suggest you to chose only one location in the World. Well the map you're using isn't the updated one. But dw, any of your locations isn't going over an existing AIN nation.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United)

Post by Matt 2nd July 2010, 21:36

Thanks for applying. I like your work, but the location of your country is not realistic. Choose only one part of the world.
There's also the flag...You can design a more professional one.
Other than that, it looks really good Smile
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 2nd July 2010, 21:38

Like how can I combine all of my styles into one location? For example, considering all of the climates, how it can one area be "this" and another be "that" while being realistic?
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 2nd July 2010, 21:41

Evillions: for all your style, do as Peter did: International village. For more infos, visit Petrova City Notebook in the city notebook section of AIN forum (down).
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 2nd July 2010, 21:43

Yeah, Peter has an International Village, but that's on a small scale.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 2nd July 2010, 21:44

I love the images, but I think the history and location should be adjusted. It just isn't workable.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 2nd July 2010, 21:44

Blake and Matt are right: you should choose only one localization, your flag need much more improvement! Choose only one localization and then post here the pics of that site!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 2nd July 2010, 21:45

Alright, but I plan to do everything at a large scale. Anyway, if you said one, I'd choose the Middle East cause its next to Dubai and IF allowed, then I'd build a huge dome over the cities. :LOL:
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 2nd July 2010, 21:46

I do like your Dubai one. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 2nd July 2010, 21:46

Nice, now post the pics please! :bom: Can't wait!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 2nd July 2010, 21:48

Dubai would be great. And after looking again at the history...well...it needs to be changed a bit.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 2nd July 2010, 21:49

Great! Cheeky/Razz Well I'd like to say to you some suggestions for your Dubai region to look more realistic.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 2nd July 2010, 21:51

Yea and stay away from NYC Cheeky/Razz I don't like it when people take up major cities.. especially the 3rd biggest city in the world

But your city building skills are very good Smile
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 2nd July 2010, 22:52

Ok people, you may start judging now if you like. I've updated the history a bit and the flag. My nation mostly covers Saudi Arabia and will have many different styles of structures.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd July 2010, 02:26

Nice! Dubai is a good location cause we need Middle East member.

Tyler wrote:Yea and stay away from NYC Cheeky/Razz I don't like it when people take up major cities.. especially the 3rd biggest city in the world
You dont like sumting like that? :shock: Means not like Starfishcity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd July 2010, 02:33

Dryan, I think Tyler meant that he doesn't like when members having their nation on a big city. Like example me having Lanaya all over San Francisco to San Diego, or all the Jakarta area for Rhodes. So that mean Tyler doesn't really like Lower Columbia! Cheeky/Razz

Evillions, yup good! but I think the flag should be better. For a mid-east nation, think of islamic and palms Cheeky/Razz like Irak:

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) Iraq
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 3rd July 2010, 03:09

Hey there evillions! Thanks for applying and I really love the variety of your cities. I agree with everyone, it kinda seems like your country is throughout the world haha. Maybe just keep the Europe(medditerenean) and dubai styled cities and make them into one country somewhere in the Med/Middle East. Or you can kinda do a country where its divided and each sector is from a different part of a world like you have.

Also, I hope you dont mind me deleting the poll. We cant do voting until you've passed all the requirements and the concerns of the members 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 3rd July 2010, 04:40

Alright, I'll just stick to some international styled Middle Eastern city then. Flag is finished, you may judge the flag once again. Also, is the history good enough? I'd really like to know what I still need for membership.

Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 3rd July 2010, 06:13

Looks very good! Though remember keep everything realistic okay? We have a rule that you have to stay within the tech limit. Which means the current day on the calendars technology. For example. No laser shooting guns. Or domes over cities
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 3rd July 2010, 07:32

So we're getting another country in about the same spot as the old Atrubia? Awesome!
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd July 2010, 11:29

Yes, a replacement of Atrubia!

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 3rd July 2010, 14:52

Is every requirement met now? Now can the voting start already? Cheeky/Razz
(Btw, how is this a replacement of Atrubia? I never overlapped that country.)
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd July 2010, 14:55

No, you're right Evillions, it's because Atrubia just quit AIN and it was a middle east nation so, they mean that with your nation, you're kinda a replacement, if you know what I mean.

Well to get the voting, a Admin need to show out the requirements as a list.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 3rd July 2010, 15:04

So do I get to take over the country's spot? :LOL: Anyway, I see what you mean. Taking everything together, I can't use spaceships even though I saw someone else used them and SimMars Beta 2. So, I'm allowed to make a "simulation" of a Martian colony would look like in the future?
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next