AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United)

+12
Aranho
Spy9600
Liberater444
emgmod
Saathoff
Peter
Tyler
MiguelLeal
Thomas
Matt
Blakeway4
Evillions
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Should Onubis be accepted into the AIN?

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United)

Post by Evillions 3rd July 2010, 15:10

At-least I can make a simulation of it, but seems fair.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United) - Page 2 Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Republic of Onubis (Cities United)

Post by Thomas 3rd July 2010, 15:13

ESSENTIAL PREREQUISITES (YOU MUST HAVE ALL OF THESE GREEN)

• A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
  • A unique and realistic flag of your nation
  • A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
  • A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
  • A type of government that again matches your CJ style
  • A realistic size and population of your nation
  • No in-game UI
  • A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
  • A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
  • The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

SUPPLEMENTARY PREREQUISITES (AT LEAST FOUR OF THESE MUST BE GREEN)

• A custom terrain mod
  • Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
  • Attention to detail
  • A custom water mod
  • A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
  • Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
  • Active participation in a previous union (links required)
  • Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
  • Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
  • Custom Trees
  • Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

Last edited by Thomas on 4th July 2010, 10:15; edited 3 times in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd July 2010, 18:23

Evillions wrote: I can't use spaceships even though I saw someone else used them and SimMars Beta 2. So, I'm allowed to make a "simulation" of a Martian colony would look like in the future?

You could use for make a film (I think there anoter here) but dont use it for roleplaying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 4th July 2010, 04:38

Alright, everything is edited now. Please comment if I have anything missing or I can set up the voting poll.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 4th July 2010, 06:31

Is this all on your ST CJ?
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 4th July 2010, 09:03

I don't know... I think the city a little bit monotonous! What the others think?
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 4th July 2010, 09:06

theres cities like that in RL miguel. I dont mind it
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 4th July 2010, 09:24

Yes, I know but I think that the city needs something more...I don't know why!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th July 2010, 10:07

I think its decent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th July 2010, 10:19

Edited. The map is still the same as before and the population is very, very big for the Middle East area it is in (153 million?).
I personally dislike the term "world's superpower nation", especially since most of the Middle East was very colonial and under developed compared to today. And I didn't think that the COFR existed in 2010.

Other than that, great improvements and as soon as the map, population and slight history changes are made, you can request that voting begins.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 4th July 2010, 13:25

I agree with you Thomas! The population is too unrealistic and the History, too.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th July 2010, 13:39

Middle east countries still dependencies of USA or China for their oil...
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 4th July 2010, 17:15

Man I see that you want a very diverse country. I see that you demand to have various styles and your country was made by many peoples. So here goes my suggestion: Do you want many different peoples in one country?

Make a Federation/Confederacy!

Here on AIN we have the Atlantic Federation, my one, with 3 countries, The Republic of the Liberators Island, a bit smaller than Turkey, the Republic of Atlantis Island, that is the size of Switzerland and the Republic of New Lisbon, also the size of Switzerland. All of them are islands on the Atlantic that forms an archipelago. Each country has a capital, culture, language and everything.
Another good example is the Hiigarian Confederacy, that unites more than 7 contries into one bigger federation and has an International District as capital. I suggest you to do that, put your Federative countries as neighborns and form the Onibus Federation or the Onibus Confederacy. You'll be the third to do that, and this idea is welcome by the AIN, as long as your federation hold a capital and a parliament that can respond AIN as if it were 1 country.

Check this out:
Hiigara United Confederacy. Is currently in an adaptation period, as it was an space nation, and now for realism reasons, its becoming an normal one.
This will probably be their location.
Spoiler:
http://www.aoin.eu/hiigaran-confederacy-f229/hiigaran-united-confederacy-t988-96.htm - Currently with 10 contries.
Atlantic Federation. Since May 10 on AIN.
http://www.aoin.eu/atlantic-federation-f167/atlantic-federation-t2375.htm - Currently with 3 contries.
Onubis Federation.
Maybe in the future... That will give you the liberty you want to make a diverse country.
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 4th July 2010, 17:19

Thomas wrote:Edited. The map is still the same as before and the population is very, very big for the Middle East area it is in (153 million?).
I personally dislike the term "world's superpower nation", especially since most of the Middle East was very colonial and under developed compared to today. And I didn't think that the COFR existed in 2010.

Other than that, great improvements and as soon as the map, population and slight history changes are made, you can request that voting begins.

From what you said,

-I've changed the population to be under 20 million.
-The history is changed such as British rule.
-COFR has existed from 2009 to around April 2010.
-Map has been changed, do I have to add a transportation map too?
---------------------------
I would go with a federation, then I'd have to update the map.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th July 2010, 18:29

It's not required to do a transportation map, although it would be nice. Smile

Edit: After viewing your map, I'm not fine with you taking over both Yemen and Kuwait. Please do not overtake these two countries. Thanks.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th July 2010, 18:38

Wow very better! Laugh Personally, I think taken over big cities and the whole country of Saudi Arabia isn't a very good idea, keep some territory to the RL country. Great pics and all! Laugh

Off topic: Well as Spy talked about Hiigara, here's a comment for Hiiagar:
Personnaly, I don't like the fact you're getting over Istanbul. Istanbul is a big city of over 12 millions of people. I don't like nation including big aglomerations with them. Maybe it'll be better if you skip the part of Istanbul?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 4th July 2010, 19:05

Why I can't take major cities and both Yemen and Kuwait? Its not like I'm offending anybody or overlapping other AIN nations.

btw, I didn't take over Istanbul, that's in Turkey. I left Turkey alone and some other countries.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th July 2010, 19:11

Well, it's ok Evillions.

For Istanbul. It was for another member ("Here's a comment for Hiiagar:")
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th July 2010, 19:29

Why are there so many different sectors around your country?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th July 2010, 19:33

Evillions, if you take over parts of Yemen and Kuwait I'm fine with it. But taking over the whole country, it annoys me. I'm not sure how the others feel though, but for me, I feel annoyed.

But I don't hate you. Smile
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 4th July 2010, 19:36

Its a federation, its serveral countries into one federation. It's allowed is it?
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th July 2010, 19:39

Yes, but not recommended. I personally don't like them.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 4th July 2010, 19:42

several fictional countries.. not several real life countries
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 4th July 2010, 19:44

All of the countries I made were fictional and not RL. So anything else I have to add?
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next