AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania

+2
Tyler
Aleks
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania

Post by Guest 8th August 2009, 18:48

but even still, all of us have some sort of 'city' in them. That's sort of the whole point to the game.

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Empty Re: Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania

Post by Peter 8th August 2009, 19:09

Aranho wrote:actually, by right, everyone have their own rights to decide what type of country they would like to create. i believe alek's type of country he wanted is basically islands, islands and more islands, being based in the pacific region.

in addition, i believe he wanted a poor or low income type of country.

also, based on my research, pacific islands usually have very little or no high-rise buildings as such countries focus on tourism to survive.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

I agree with aran. There's no set rules in the manual that you have to build a city, you can build a forest, a paradise island, hell, whatever comes to the player's imagination!
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 8th August 2009, 19:09

true, but city doesn't need to have high-rise building, but maybe one or two, or a few, for a pacific islands like his will do.

look at washington d.c.
it's a city yet there's barely and high-rise buildings, i think.

and city is a broad range of words. village, town, city, megepolis are all depends on population actually, not high-rise.

and poor nations can't build high-rise too, like some of the pacific nations, cuz they lack the capital and support to build them, in terms of realism. but if it's funded by an external government, then maybe yeah.

maybe you, dljrfn, could elaborate more on the type of city you are looking for. Smile
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th August 2009, 23:25

I'm looking for some sort of 'downtown' area. Everything he's shown us so far has been very suburban at best. I'd like to see this city square that has the 100,000 plus residents. Let's see some shots out of there updated and I'll put it on the verge of yes. If you can connect the dots in the region so that it's not half built city square, then water so I can see what this nation looks like rather than a very broken upstart region than you'll have a yes from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 8th August 2009, 23:30

Aranho wrote:actually, by right, everyone have their own rights to decide what type of country they would like to create. i believe alek's type of country he wanted is basically islands, islands and more islands, being based in the pacific region.

in addition, i believe he wanted a poor or low income type of country.

also, based on my research, pacific islands usually have very little or no high-rise buildings as such countries focus on tourism to survive.

I wouldn't say poor, but like more of a developing nation, with mostly poor and middle class, but with a few VERY wealthy famalys
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 9th August 2009, 10:03

Oh okay.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Empty Aleksania Update

Post by Aleks 9th August 2009, 14:40

:aoin: Aleksania Update: Aleksania City Over 100,000 :aoin:

Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa26
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa27Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa10
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa28Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa11
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa29
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa30
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa31
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa32
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa33

:aoin: Aleksania Update :aoin:
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 9th August 2009, 14:44

You never fail to impress us. Good job, and I'm very confident that dljrfn will turn the table around.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th August 2009, 15:31

ok, I'll say yes to that, just 3 suggestions.

1. get rid of the airport in the middle of your downtown, not very realistic, it would amount to basically a giant death trap, could u imagine trying to land a plane there?

2. The random int. airport that's sort of next to your real one. You don't need it, the game will tell you to put those up but they're not needed.

3. For a golf course, might I suggest the golf course pack over the Maxis country club? With your islands and such you could create a very nice scenic course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 9th August 2009, 16:27

Dljrfn2000 wrote:ok, I'll say yes to that, just 3 suggestions.

1. get rid of the airport in the middle of your downtown, not very realistic, it would amount to basically a giant death trap, could u imagine trying to land a plane there?

2. The random int. airport that's sort of next to your real one. You don't need it, the game will tell you to put those up but they're not needed.

3. For a golf course, might I suggest the golf course pack over the Maxis country club? With your islands and such you could create a very nice scenic course.

point taken, i think im going to turn that into a park

the "random int. airport" is an airforce base

and the golf course, where could i get that?
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th August 2009, 17:10

the STEX just look up golf course, welcome to the AIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 9th August 2009, 17:20

thank you
Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa34
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 9th August 2009, 17:28

nice

may i suggest one thing though. when taking pictures, try to turn of the mission button indicators and minimize the mayor tool or what ever you call that blue thing at the bottom.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 9th August 2009, 17:39

Aranho wrote:nice

may i suggest one thing though. when taking pictures, try to turn of the mission button indicators and minimize the mayor tool or what ever you call that blue thing at the bottom.

ive tryed to. is there a shortcut button to the camara
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 9th August 2009, 18:19

LOL dang! 5 pages and ur still not a member!!! Awesome work alek!

Oh and the shortcut is ctrl+shift+S Laugh
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 9th August 2009, 18:45

thanks (ps - its aleks)

Approved: Junior Membership | Aleksania - Page 3 Aleksa35
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th August 2009, 19:15

i vote yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 9th August 2009, 19:33

well that is 7 votes and Aleks, you are now an official AIN member! Welcome to the community!!

:!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th August 2009, 06:47

I had already voted yes lmao way to read guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 11th August 2009, 15:38

haha ooops, then we have eight votes of yes! 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3