AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal on creating weekly Skype meetings

5 posters

Go down

Proposal on creating weekly Skype meetings Empty Proposal on creating weekly Skype meetings

Post by MiguelLeal 20th June 2011, 11:03

In this proposal I propose to re-create the weekly Skype meetings in order to discuss any concerns, issues, events and problems around the SimCity and AIN world. This meetings will be different from the past ones because we will not decide anything or propose anything during the meetins because we have a Parliament forum where we can do that. These meetings will have the objective to give a real time conversation between the union members about the AIN world, it is facultative the participation of each member in the meetings.
I propose to make the meetings all fridays at 22:00 H London, Lisbon, Casablanca time.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Proposal on creating weekly Skype meetings Empty Re: Proposal on creating weekly Skype meetings

Post by Jo 20th June 2011, 15:39

As Minister for Parliamentary services I see no need for this proposal to go forward. We have gone over this topic a million times. and making it somewhat compulsory to attend?? I think thats what your trying to mean, is a dis incentive to members to attend the meetings. For our North and South American members to attend would be impossible because it would be mid to Late afternoon and for members in the pacific it would mean waking up in the middle of the night or very early in the morning.

I think a better proposal would be to set up a skype meeting when necessary.
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Proposal on creating weekly Skype meetings Empty Re: Proposal on creating weekly Skype meetings

Post by Blakeway4 20th June 2011, 15:41

Or not having skype meetings at all and be active at the union summits (which is a meeting) and on the website.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 20th June 2011, 16:28

It's been tried. It didn't work.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 20th June 2011, 18:59

And not all have skype.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 20th June 2011, 22:18

This is really important.

is a dis incentive to members to attend the meetings

You are wrong Jo, because timetables should be discussed and as my proposal says this is not a way of disincentive anything.

I should remind you that this would be different meetings NOT to discuss AIN laws, proposals, etc. but a way of providing to members a time to discuss the CJs, for example, in a real time meeting.

Maybe, I have not been so explicit.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 20th June 2011, 23:14

Don't we have that already? We have skype convo where we can talk about this problems and etc. And well seen we have very different time, when America is only waking up, Australia is sleeping. Better to have week discussion on the forum, so that all members can sleep and not wait for the discussion in skype in 5 in the morning and etc.

hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 20th June 2011, 23:59

About the time zones, it's very complicated and that was the biggest discussion since the creation of the meetings over a year ago so... we won't find a consensus if we haven't found one for more than a year...

I totally agree with Constantin and Jo. Sorry if this is only bad comments Miguel :S
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 21st June 2011, 03:02

I really don't see the point of scheduled meetings. The forums work well for discussing stuff and if people want to get together on Skype for a chat, so be it. Formalising the process just seems bureaucratic and unnecessary.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 21st June 2011, 07:27

As there doesn't seem to be much support for this proposal and I believe a consensus has been reached this thread has been locked and moved to the Archives.

By Decree

JO
Minister for Parliamentary Services
AGF Commissioner
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down